Chapter 36-Flashes

You were still pretty bummed about Freddy leaving. Luckily your parents didn't investigate too deeply into your sudden mood swing that day, so they didn't suspect anything that had to do with him.
Cody was probably just as bummed as you were--heck, he didn't get to at least say goodbye.
It was only a few days since Freddy left and the days seemed a lot quieter with your parents AND the pink and white elephant in the house gone....
You were driving with your dad to....something. Whatever it was, it was blurred out from when your dad said it to you.
A simple every day drive....
Right?

"...over there, and I'm assuming you've met Foxy, right?"
"Hm?" A little nudge to the shoulder pushed you out of your trance. You looked up at the bear towering over you. Freddy was...still as big as you remembered. "Oh y-yeah, I have."
"Great!" He cheered. "Now let's get ya to Ballora!" He grabbed your hand and tugged you down the hall. You two stopped by the dark blue door, opening it to be met with a much more open room than Freddy's. It did have a stage in the middle, but it wasn't as big and "pronounced", you'd say. Like it wouldn't seem much like a performance stage at first sight. But then you saw the "Let's Dance" posters around the decorative walls.
"Ahh, that explains it," you mumbled to yourself.
"Ballora's ALL about getting those kids up and moving so she got more free space." Freddy said with a prideful gesture around the room. There was a flinch of playful jealousy in his features. You both walked up to Ballora's stage while you tried to get a peek of what was backstage. "I wouldn't mind some extra space, HAHAHAHA!!" Freddy's voice rang in your ears.
"I wouldn't mind that either, as a precaution," a slender voice said from the doorway. A tall ballerina animatronic stood at the door, twirling gracefully to close the distance between you two. She had her eyes closed, so she probably couldn't see-if these things can technically see like people can-and you wondered how she was able to maneuver her way in such a way and still end up a comfortable speaking distance from you.
"Freddy does seem to get carried away in his performances and he's proven to be quite clumsy at times...isn't that right, Freddy?" The ballerina turned to Freddy with a hint of mischief. Freddy huffed and looked away. "So a bit extra space would be good. Less things to knock over. Anyways, I heard you're Y/N? I've heard plenty of good things from Foxy."
"You did? Wait, how did you know it was me?" You asked.
"Dear, while you may manage to avoid me during your night shift, I can detect the staff during hours just fine." You felt your face drop from the embarrassment.
"Oh-uh-s-sorry, I didn't mean-I-"
"It's quite alright, Y/N. I know it was only your first night here," Ballora clasped her hands together. "But from now on, I want you to feel welcome to visit anytime you like. Does that sound okay, dear?" Freddy huffed behind you. You thought it was funny when he did it, because he seemed to do it whenever Ballora called you "dear". Ah, yes. He was pretty on it with pet names...wait, HOW DID YOU REMEMBER ALL OF THIS JUST RECENTLY--
"I'll see you two during Y/N's shift tonight," Ballora said, exiting the room. "Have fun~"
With that, she was gone.
"Pfft, what a party pooper," Freddy grumbled.
"What's your problem?" You teased. "She just came in and said hi is all." Freddy turned away and grumbled some gibberish to himself. "Anyways, I should probably get home."
"What? Why??!" Freddy exclaimed, taking your right hand before you could go. "Did I do something? I mean, yes, I did a lot of things, but tell me what!"
"You did nothing wrong, Fred. At least nothing I can recall." Freddy's face dropped flat. "But it's not that, I just need some time to process all of this, okay?"
"Well, what's bothering you, cupcake?" He pulled you a bit closer to him, and you hesitated. How were you supposed to word this....
"I don't exactly know how to explain it.." you said. Freddy softened and let go of your hand. He put his freed hand up onto your shoulder and gave a gentle squeeze.
"I've been trying to be less impulsive, so..just tell me once you do have it figured out. Please? I want to be sure you're okay..." You nodded and Freddy slowly slipped into another hug. "I missed ya, Y/N. I hope you know that..I'm gonna try to be better, okay?"
"What, you're gonna quit the yandere act now?" You smirked behind Freddy's shoulder.
"Oh, shut up!!" The bear pushed you off of him playfully. You waved a quick goodbye and headed out the door before Freddy could make a comeback.
You walked down the hall to the main party room, ready to head back home. But just as you rounded the corner, OF COURSE another white animatronic arm had to tug you away by the hand.
"What-?!!" You exclaimed before a metal finger was placed above your lips, silencing you.
"Shhh," Foxy said. "I heard everything."
"Foxy!" You scolded the animatronic. Foxy put his whole hand over your mouth, since you clearly didn't catch onto Foxy's implications.
"Now, don't get mad! I wanna help get you two on the right foot." As soon as his grip loosened, you pried his hand off of your jace.
"Wha-what are you talking about?" You looked at the fox absolutely dumbfounded. "Me and Freddy are fine, okay?"
"No, no, well yes, but--just--" Foxy hung his head down and sighed. He looked back up at you with something creeping out of his eyes. Something that worried you. "Never mind..." he turned and walked off to his stage before you could ask what it was. You exhaled, annoyed with the small interaction.
Whatever. You could ask him to elaborate later, you just wanted to get home and catch a quick nap.
Whether you liked it or not, you had begun making mental reality checks. You didn't even realize that you'd forgotten, apparently, a good chunk out of your life. Not until those memories started flooding back in at the sight of Freddy. Like you'd never forgotten them. Like they just came naturally.
You sat back in your car seat, a bit on edge.
It was clear you'd had a...well, a big update lately. It would be good to sit back and relax. At least, until your shift tonight....dang it, you had your shift tonight.
Until then you decided to skip your nap. That specific chunk of time you had scratched out was repurposed. Someone was there in some if not most of the memories that were triggered with Freddy. Maybe they knew what happened in that chunk of time. It was about time you called a friend of yours.