Chapter 18-Siblings

Props to you if you know the vine above 😄
Also random thought Withered Bonnie is probably the most intimidating out of the FNaF 2 bunch in my opinion. What do you guys think?

You woke up to the sound of your parents pulling into the driveway.
It was actually, quite obvious since the neighborhood seemed dead silent in the mornings. You shifted in bed, pulling the blanket over you. You stopped moving when your foot kicked against your laptop. Y/N quickly reached over and grabbed the laptop, relieved to find there was no damage.
Why was my laptop on my bed?
Then you remembered your short movie night with Freddy. He probably left you earlier that morning to go back to the basement. You sighed to yourself. I shouldn't be disappointed, but I am.
You continued to clamber out of bed and walked to the doorway. The jangling of keys was heard and the door creaked open. Your parents bustled into the house, frantically looking over you and the area to make sure everything was okay.
"Hey, are you ok? No one's hurt? Nothing was broken?" Your dad gushed.
"Dad, I already told you! Everything's fine!" Cody said from behind him, a backpack slung over his shoulder. Your brother cast you a glance and you sent him a meaningful look mouthing "thank you".
"Aha!! Cody sticking up for you? Is that how it is?" Y/D/N joked.
"No, no! Really, there was nothing wrong. Promise." You laughed.
"Oh, well, I'm glad to see you two getting along better."
"What do you mean? We get along fine!" You retorted.
"Better, I said." Your dad walked into the living room and your mom approached you, hugging you and saying a quick "good job" before getting on your dad. You heard your mom yelling for him to calm down and for you two to grab the bags from the back of the car.
You shrugged and headed outside. It was surprisingly chilly out today, and it was cloudy, so you expected it to rain sometime soon.
Your hands hooked onto the latch that lifted up the car's trunk door.
"Hey, Y/N?"
"Yeah, Cody?" You answered him, starting to unload the first bag.
"About you and Freddy. You guys are friends, right?" He asked with a quiet voice.
"Well, yes, we are friends. But Freddy has his own weird perception of friends and I guess it's just how he is." You chuckled, trying to cover up the uneasiness in your voice.
"I don't know...the way he was talking about you-"
"Wait, what? He was talking about me?" You piped up suddenly.
Cody put his hands behind his back, looking down in embarrassment and twisting his foot on the ground. "Yeah, he was saying all kinds of nice things about you-and I was totally okay with that. But at Aunty's house, cousin Charlene had one of her friends from school there for dinner? And they reminded me of you and Freddy..."
You sputtered out, blood rushing to your face. Your arms threatened to drop the cargo onto your foot. "Cody, I am so sorry. About all of this. Could we write back and forth in my room after everything's settled down inside? If something bothers you, don't be scared to bring it up, alright?" He nodded and grabbed onto another bag. You were both quiet, leaving you to your thoughts.
He thinks we're a legit couple. A couple. Like freaking Charlene and her crappy boyfriend Rob. Well...I guess me and Freddy are friends, but let's be honest here. Do friends snuggle up to each other during a movie night? Or show literally any physical affection? Maybe I haven't directly, but Freddy definitely has. Heck, he confessed liking me right then and there when we had only known each other for a couple days!
You were snapped back into reality when your arms came into sharp contact with the wall, pinching your skin between yourself and the bag. Cody winced.
"Sorry...should've said something sooner." He said. You groaned and walked inside. Your parents were still yelling back and forth about something, but you couldn't tell what. Scratch that, you didn't really care anyways.
You put the bag at the entrance to their room alongside Cody. He pointed to your room and you nodded, walking into the living room and grabbing two notebooks, a pencil, and an eraser. Your parents didn't notice you through their rambling.
You came back into your room and told Cody to sit down on the floor in front of you.
"Ok, Cody, be completely honest. Are you weirded out by me and Freddy?" You wrote down.
After a bit of erasing, Cody wrote back, "Yes." His facial expression suggested he wasn't very proud of his answer.
"That's okay. Were you weirded out before going to Aunty's house?"
"No."
"Okay. Are you weirded out because Freddy's a robot? Why do you think you feel like that?" You definitely felt like some kind of therapist. You were not very happy. Cody didn't respond. "It's ok, you don't have to answer that. I just want to help get rid of the problem. I don't need my brother being just as uncomfortable around Freddy as I am."
"Wait, you don't like Freddy?" He asked.
"Yes, I do like him, but he can be pretty irritating." You said with a small chuckle.
"I just feel weird because I used to tease you about having a boyfriend, and now you do and it's weird for me." Cody said in embarrassment.
Your cheeks heated up again. "Cody, he's not my boyfriend." You said out loud through gritted teeth.
"Are you sure?" He spoke out loud as well. He seemed a bit confused.
"I don't know. I'm trying to figure things out."
"Yeah." Cody agreed.
You both exchanged smiles to each other.
"Are you okay with me and Freddy just hanging out though?" You asked.
"Yeah, I'm okay with you two 'hanging out'." He made air quotes. You huffed, stood up and ruffled Cody's hair playfully, earning an exasperated laugh from your brother. "Now let's go bother our parents!" You said. Cody raced past you to the living room. Your mom was there, running her hands through her hair like she'd just been in a fight.
"Oh, hey, Y/N! I'm sorry we haven't paid much attention to you guys, your father is just being paranoid, but I am so proud of you guys right now. Thank you both so much for keeping this place in shape."
"No problem!" You said.
"Yes, problem. Because now your dad is going on saying 'it's too good to be true' and 'don't teenagers usually cause a ruckus on the weekends?' I honestly don't know if he really is joking anymore." She facepalmed.
"Well, I'll let you guys get back home, and I'm gonna get breakfast." You said.
"Thanks, N/N. You've been just amazing these past few days." And with that, your mom walked back into her room. There was no yelling following afterwards, so you were relieved.

You scooped up some cereal in your spoon and shoved it into your mouth. Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Your parents got it from the store on the way back home. Both you and Cody were eating on the couch while your parents unpacked.
"So, what do you wanna do today?" Cody asked.
"I dunno." You answered. "I don't feel like doing much of anything, to be honest."
"We could go to the movies!"
"Uh....ha. No. We haven't gone to the theaters in a really long time, Cody."
"That means we should be able to go now!"
"No, no. I mean, if we haven't gone for so long, why would our parents take us now?"
"Because we haven't gone in a long time?"
You slapped your hand on your forehead. "Ok, is there anything that involves staying home?" Cody raised his hand to answer, but before he could speak your dad came into the room.
"Ok, guys. Sorry. I see you did a good job with the house while we were gone." He smiled at you, and you smiled back. "So, I guess we'll be spending a lot of time at home. Me and your mom are still pretty tired out, so we won't be going anywhere. You two can do whatever, though, since we'll be in the room all day. Just don't make much of a mess, please? Oh, and Y/N, that reminds me! How was the sleepover?" Your dad said excited.
"Um..." Y/N spoke with a nervous smile. "It went really good, actually. Me and Dorothy got to just play games and watch movies on the computer all night, so it was pretty fun."
"Oh, well, that's good to hear!" Y/D/N beamed. "I'll be seeing you two in a little bit for lunch. You okay with that?" He stuck a thumbs up while backing into the hallway. You and Cody stuck a thumbs up back to him and your dad left.
"So...how was the sleepover, really?" Cody asked you, once you were sure your dad was gone. You sent your brother a questioning look, but then he gestured to his chest and head like he was fixing a bow tie and tipping a top hat. Y/N caught on.
"Oh, yeah. Well, I wasn't lying. It was fun with Dorothy the whole day and night. It's just...." you trailed off. Cody seemed to get nervous. So you took out a notepad from the kitchen drawer with a pencil on hand and you wrote, "Freddy is really sweet, like a teddy bear. But sometimes he scares me." Cody read the note, and he looked up at you with wide eyes, nodding.
"I think so, too. He's nice but he can scare me."
You felt bad for your brother. He was probably just as conflicted as you were on how to feel about Freddy. At least he didn't have the metal bear flirting with him. "Freddy hasn't done anything wrong. I think he was just scared, okay? Now he's fine and I promise there's no way he could ever hurt you."
"Promise?" Cody asked you out loud.
"Promise," you answered. And you both finished your cereal.

"Okay, your mom's birthday is in two days. What are we gonna do?"
Your dad was huddled up with you and Cody at the table eating sandwiches and plotting for your mom's birthday. She was taking a nap at the moment, so it was safe to talk about it out loud now.
"What are we doing already?" You asked. There was no way your dad hadn't already planned something ahead.
"Okay, so the theme of this is gonna be purple, cause your mom loves purple. So I'm gonna blow up some purple balloons and get some yellow ribbon to put around the room cause apparently she really likes the combo. We have Freddy down in the garage, and he's all ready to go. He's already pretty close to purple, but I might spray paint some parts and decorate him. The cake...I still gotta look up some recipes so I can run to the store tomorrow for ingredients. And family's coming over for a potluck, so I don't think we'll have to worry much about dinner. I could make hotdogs, though."
"YES!!" Cody screeched. You raised an eyebrow at him. "Sorry." He huddled up in his seat.
"Anyways, I want you kids to come up with at least one or two presents for your mom. If you get one, it has to be homemade. Two or more, you can have the rest be store bought. But it has to be under 20 dollars spent." Y/D/N explained.
"Wow, we're pulling out all the boundaries on this one? Like a more complicated White Elephant." You snickered.
"Yeah, yeah," your dad said jokingly. "Just make sure you get them done by her birthday morning. Got it?" You both nodded and your dad left the room, again.
"So, what does mom like again?" Cody asked you. "I know she watches those hospital shows every once in a while but I'm not allowed to watch it."
"Well, she does basically work at a hospital." You said.
"Wait, why isn't she at work?" Cody asked. "Isn't she always at work?"
"No, I think she got transferred to a different job. Same pay, different shift." You answered. "Anyways, we're getting off topic. I know a more 'safe' show she watches is those baking shows on Food Network."
"Oooooh," Cody said in awe. "Cupcakes..."
"Stop, you're practically drooling everywhere!" You joked, laughing along with him. "OH!! I know just the thing to get her..." you rubbed your hands together maliciously, ready to plot for your next project.

A/N:
Just real fast, thanks to all of you who have been reading this piece of crap! I swear I've said this before but it makes my day to see everyone's comments and support. I'm trying to update this more frequently, at least until the summer ends (WHICH IT'S LIKE HALFWAY DONE??!😓) and I feel like school won't be as kind to me this year going back to mostly in person and harder classes so...
Yup.
I have some FunFred head canons in store, another rant, and then chapter 19!!
Baiii!