Chapter 48-Nightmare

Of course I get into Count the Ways and the Beetlejuice musical simultaneously.

Almost there....
You were nearly done tweaking with Baby's illusion disc. Your hands were shaking, greased with sweat and stress. Baby's eyes were beginning to twitch. You had to mess with her programming a bit on the way in and you couldn't risk catching her in kill code while you were working on her. You kept up putting everything into place. Her arm lifted up.
You finished.
You started closing up her mechanisms and her eyes shot open. You screwed her chest cavity shut.
Her arm started to slowly reach towards you. You ducked out of her way, just barely closing up Baby and falling off the table onto the floor. Baby sat up in her seat and looked at you. There was a red glint behind her eyes.
Oh, no.
Baby blinked and the red was gone. You sighed a breath of relief. She stood up off of the operation counter and helped you up. You were a little shaky from the short encounter, and Baby could tell. That was the fifth time this week.
"I think we've done enough for tonight." Baby said to you hesitantly. You could tell she wanted to keep going, but you didn't push it. For your own sake. "I want to keep going, of course. But this is starting to concern your own safety. I think we should dial it down a bit."
"Maybe for this week, yeah, but Baby. We've been at this for how long and we're so close!!"
"Y/N, I want to keep going as much as you do. But again, this is a safety issue now. You're excused for the night." You held back an additional groan in disappointment, and walked out of the laboratory. You didn't have anything else to do tonight. You didn't have any tasks besides just watching over the animatronics. And everyone was fine. Not that you thought about it, you should check up on Freddy.
It'd been a week since you saw him last. It was a strange encounter to say the least, but you'd be lying if you said you didn't enjoy it. You hadn't had much physical intimacy at all for the past couple years. It was settled, then. You were going to the breaker room. On your way to Ballora's Gallery, it settled in how much time had passed with these guys...you really had to get that illusion disc down soon. And you were close! You were right there with Baby's and it'd only take so many combinations for you to get that thing to work!! Soon, you found yourself at the door of the Breaker Room, no Ballora in sight. You sipped a shallow breath and cracked the door open. You didn't want to exactly announce your presence. You were a little nervous with how Freddy would be. Foxy said he'd been acting differently for a little while now...
"Freddy?" You quietly called out to the dark room. There was a small shuffle and Bon Bon appeared.
"Y/N! I haven't seen you in ages!"
"Awww, same!!" You knelt down and the rabbit hopped over to you to give you a hug. "Where's Freddy?"
"He's shut down on his stage. I think he'd loooovvve it if you woke him up again!" You made a disapproving face at Bon Bon's smug tone. You stood up and walked over to Freddy's stage. It was a miracle that you were able to find it without Bon Bon's help.You hadn't been in the breaker room for a while and it was like a jungle maze in there. Funtime Freddy was, in fact, powered off on his stage. You inched closer to him and studied his face for a bit. You never really got this close to him anymore. It made you a little sad, maybe a bit nostalgic...
"BOO!!" Freddy lunged forward and opened his faceplates. You shrieked and fell backwards, but were swooped up by Freddy's arms before you could hit the floor. "Sorry, N/N."
You caught your breath and stood up on your own, pushing yourself from Freddy a little bit. "I just wanted to come check up on you. Arrreee you okay now?" Freddy's demeanor turned shameful and awkward.
"Oh, um...yeah....there were a couple glitches in the system. But they were, um. Very. Minor. Glitches." His voice shrunk down to almost a whisper, which you didn't think was remotely possible for Freddy. You processed what he said, then you remembered what happened the last time you met with him, and you realized.
"Ohhhhh," you said. "Well, then, you must have really missed me." You took Freddy by the back of his head and made him bend down to your level. He nodded slightly with a flicker of vulnerability in his eyes. "On your knees." Freddy nodded again and kneeled down so his head was at your chest level. You made him look up and started to coax him with your touch.
"Foxy said you're mad about something."
"Oh." Freddy looked to the side, somewhat ashamed.
"Well, then? What's making sugarlumps unhappy~?" You talked to him in a baby voice. Freddy's neck started to glitch out and his eyes flickered with bright, neon light. The back of his head was beginning to get hot.
"I don't want to stress you about it." Freddy remembered that it was your ex of all things that made him feel jealous. Current boyfriend, sure. But he felt bad now. He shouldn't have stepped over your boundaries, either.
"Okay, then." You settled with that and left Freddy to sit down, lean up against the wall. He crawled over to you and you relaxed up against his shoulder. "This feels kinda surreal. In a way."
"How?"
"I never would've expected this, obviously," you held Freddy's hand. "But especially with you. I thought you were gone forever, that I'd never see you again..." Freddy took a breath as he prepared to comfort you, but you continued. "I'm glad we worked out all those things before. I feel a lot better about our relationship now than I did before."
Freddy looked down shamefully.
"Wait! No, not like that!" You protested, taking back your words. "I loved you and I still do now. I was so lucky to have you helping me through all my crap and you did have a lasting positive impression on me.
I'm just saying that how things are now--it's more...homely. I'm happier." You laid across Freddy's lap. "And tired."
Freddy chuckled. "Alright then," he scooped you up to position you comfortably against his torso. "Sleep tight." The last thing you remembered before passing out was Freddy nuzzling his muzzle up to your forehead.

You were in your old house. The hallway outside of your room was dark, but it beckoned to you. You sat up off of your bed and slowly walked towards the door. It was pitch black beyond. As you stepped further, it was as if there was a dim light radiating from your body that illuminated the hall as you walked down. There was writing on the walls. You couldn't read it, but you could tell that it had hateful, menacing messages poised at you.
You arrived in the living room. The dim light around you blacked out and you were in complete and total darkness. A slow, soft music box started to play as the mouth (?) and eyes of some creature brightened to glow a neon blue in the darkness. Something stepped forward. It wasn't the thing. It was a human leg, with a shoe the size of a child's. You stepped back, but you couldn't run. The leg stepped out.
A pair of bloodied overalls was revealed but by bit until you could see the face of a little asian girl who wasn't all there. She charged towards you and just like that...

...you woke up.
Your forehead was soaked in sweat as the sticky beads rolled down relentlessly. Your eyes stung and your chest soon felt tight and heavy. You realized you'd been hyperventilating. Freddy was crouched over you, supporting your back. The ringing left your ears and you could finally hear his shrill voice.
"Y/N?!!" He yelled, concerned, once again. "Y/N, are you okay?!" You finally calmed down your breathing. You must have spaced out or become detached from reality for a moment, because you had somehow snapped back when you felt Freddy gently put his hand on your scalp. Your eyes started welling up and you gave him a huge hug. "...Brutal nightmare?"
You hesitated, but nodded. You were done playing them off like they were nothing. Freddy didn't deserve that.
"I've been having nightmares for weeks," you said, your head still resting on the bear's shoulder. "About some child. There are multiple children, but there's one child in particular."
"Can you...describe her for me?" Freddy tried his best to keep his voice stable, so he wouldn't let his own anxiety through.
"She's....young. Uhmmm, if you want me to be really specific, she was Asian. Um.....she wears overalls. I always see her foot come out first, then her eyes. It's a small shoe. Her eyes always glow bright blue before she just jumps out. And she's always covered in blood...."
Freddy guided you to sit back on the floor in front of him.
"Y/N, I know you don't want to hear this, but I think the children might be getting relentless." A shiver shook your spine.
"What does that mean?"
"They are the reason we can feel human emotions. The essence of what makes them human is now part of us. But that also means the pain we feel, they have to feel too, now." Your eyes saddened. "They want freedom just as much as we do, but they're a bit more impatient."
"So the children are all haunting me." You said. Saying it out loud made it much more unnerving to you than thinking it to yourself.
"Not all of them. They're not as cruel as giving you nightmares. It'd be anti productive. The one who's giving you nightmares is Cassidy."
"Who...?"
"She was put through the most brutal death of all the kids. She's possessed a bear like me called Fredbear and now she goes by 'the vengeful spirit'. Suits her well, though. She didn't deserve the springlocks..."
"And you know this how...?" You asked.
"Baby is the only one of us who is directly possessed by one kid, Elizabeth Afton. Lizzy can talk directly with the ghost kids, and Baby's the only one who can speak directly with Lizzy, of course."
"Ohhhh," with everything going on, you weren't that phased at all that Baby was legitimately possessed. "Okay, that makes more sense. Is there any way I can appease her or something? I want it to stop...." Your eyes started tearing up again, from the overwhelming distress and from your tiredness. Freddy hugged you again and you melted into him, vulnerable as you were.
"I know, I know...I'll try to comfort you back to sleep. Usually, she won't strike twice in one night. Here." He laid you down next to him and he scooped you into his arms once again. You laid on your side, your head propped up by Freddy's left arm. His left hand was caressing your back and waist while the other imprinted gentle massages into your scalp. With time, despite your persistent stress, you were able to fall back asleep. You stayed asleep the remainder of the night, peaceful, unbothered. You felt safe.

Y'all. Senior year is kicking my ass.
I'll try getting to the end but it really is kicking my ass.