Chapter 12-Ice

A/N July 15, 2023 (2 years+ after this chapter was published)
This was one of those chapters you write at midnight and wake up to like "wtf did I just write--"

You shifted in the sheets, facing Freddy. He was fast asleep, as you've been up for the past half hour. The sun was beginning to shine through the blinds...you should really get Dorothy...

You gently tapped Freddy's shoulder.

"Pssst! Hey, Freddy?" You said.

His eyes squeezed even tighter, then he opened them a slit. He groggily opened his eyes to look at you. "Hey, Y/N...."

"Freddy, I'm going to get Dorothy. Ok?"

"W-what?" His face fell into this adorable little thing. "Are you leaving m-me?" He whimpered.

AAAUUGGH, darn it, Freddy! How can you be so much of a devil but be so cute at the same time?! Gosh DANGIT you make it hard to hate you sometimes!!

"No, I'm n-not, I just..." you fixed your flustered face. "I'm not leaving you, Freddy. Dorothy has to be picked up by her mom sometime, so I just want to make sure everything seems nice and normal first. Ok? I just wanted to let you know so you wouldn't wake up and freak out that I wasn't there."

"Ok..what if I came with you?" He let a small suggestive smile seep through. You rolled your eyes.

"No, Freddy! You'll just scare her!" You said teasingly as you stood up off the bed. Freddy reached out his hands towards you tiredly, resuming his pouting face. Making your way to the doorway, you looked back and smiled.

Man, is this bear messing with my emotions.

"Dorothy?" You knocked on the basement door.

"Hmm? Wha-yeah-Y/N?!! Are you okay?! I heard you yelling and then everything went silent!" You could hear the panicked voice of Dorothy just behind the door.

"No, I'm fine! I'll tell you later, but right now I'm getting you out ok? Just..."

You looked around the floor and found an old, rusted key sitting in the corner. You picked it up, jabbed at the lock, and the door swung open. A tired Dorothy fell flat on her face before you.

"...probably not the best idea to lean so much on it while you pick the lock." She said, looking up at you. Y/N smiled and helped Dorothy up onto her feet. You looked at the basement and indeed, there were four pillows and two blankets set up as a bed in the middle of the room.

I guess Freddy wasn't lying about some things...

"So, you're ok?" Dorothy asked again, setting her hands on your shoulders with a firm grip.

"Dorothy, oh my gosh! Yes, I am ok! Freddy wouldn't hurt me!"

"But his eyes were red and everything last night! Totally killer animatronic mode!"

"No, he just....I'll just show you." You took Dorothy by the hand and dragged her by your room. "Wait here," you told her. Dorothy nodded and you entered the room.

"Finally!" Freddy cheered.

"Ha! Fred. Please, no." You crossed your arms. "I want you to get up. Dorothy's going to try and start over with you. Ok? No killer animatronic stuff." You emphasized the last sentence for Dorothy to hear. A small thumbs up was stuck up from outside the door.

"Ok, fine! Then cuddles?" Freddy sat up with a hopeful smile. You heard an "Aww" from behind the door. Your face heated up a bit.

"Freddy, we've been cuddling ALL NIGHT. Let's just try to bring it down a notch?" You asked.