Chapter 3-Gift

Y/N threw herself back and ended up tripping on the stairs. She stood up and, realizing her back was facing the bear, whirled around to face it. It hadn't moved. The bear's metal hide didn't make a single creak. It's eyes still laid on the ground. It looked just as unsettling as it did less than a second ago.

"Wait, why am I afraid of this thing?" Y/N questioned herself. "It's just some kind of robot...animatronic...thing. It can't hurt me." Then how did it get inside your basement? "Meh, dad probably brought it in." She answered herself out loud. But how could he have moved it down here without waking everyone up? "You know what! I'm sick of all these thoughts about this thing. I don't care how dad miraculously got it down here without waking everyone else up. Maybe his friends helped him carry it down. Why did he even do that? I have no idea! But it's none of my business!" Y/N held her arms up in a surrendering gesture and quickly marched up the stairs.

Suddenly, she bumped into a figure that seemed in as much of a rush as she was. "Whoa-hey!" Y/N burst out suddenly. The figure was her father.

"Oh, hey sweet pea. Sorry, I was worried you might be your mom." He explained, holding his hand over his chest.

"Oh, it's fine. Um. Why do you not want mom to see that thing? Also what the heck is it doing in our house?!" She burst once again.

"You know what, I'll explain on the couch. Just give me a minute." He walked past Y/N and pulled a long gorilla tape out of his pocket. The teenage girl walked back to the living room and plopped down on the couch while her father taped crisscrossing lines on the door to block anyone out. He walked away and Y/N heard him open one of the kitchen drawers. He came back with a paper and marker and started to write on it. Soon there was a sign on the wall that said "Birthday surprise! Keep out!!" with a winking emoji face.

"So." Y/N's dad said, sitting down next to her. "About a week ago I was looking through your mom's old photos from when she was a kid and some diaries that came from her side of the family. There were lots of photos of places she went as a kid, but what seemed like her overall favorite was Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. I guess that her mom actually used to work as one of the night guards there, so your mom and her siblings had a one way ticket there for celebrations."

He paused for a few moments, as if he wanted to say something but then decided it was better off not said.

"There were a ton of restaurants that were opened by that company, including it's sister location, Circus Baby's Pizza World. Your mom had lots of fun there, I guess. So when I saw that animatronic bear, my eyes lit up almost immediately. You see, the bear has a tag with a code. It's supposed to say the date the robot was built and which 'version' of the character it is. And this guy's code is saying not only is he one of the Fazbear company's animatronics, but it's one of the originals at Circus Baby's that your mom used to go nuts for!"

Y/N was in awe. "Wow. How do you know all this?"

"You can find some good info if you dig deep enough. Reading is all it takes." He smirked. After looking at some of the mentioned photos, including the ones from Freddy's, Y/N decided to head back to bed. She also made a point to try and get used to their strange company in the basement. Even as an inanimate figure, Y/N still thought of it as a living being. And she would try her best to get along with it.

Yeesh, this is like half the length of the other two. Welp. In exchange for a short chapter how 'bout a quick one shot? I'll publish it tomorrow. Hopefully. I mean I might be busy I've got a sleepover coming up 😆

But yeah I'll try!! 👍