Chapter 15-Cody

You and Freddy sat on the floor in silence, until of course, Freddy broke it.

"I can knock him out if you want me to. It'll be nothing but a dream when he wakes up," he whispered in your ear.

"What?! No!!" You exclaimed.

"So...he doesn't get up?"

"No, of course not!!" You yell, slapping Freddy's hand. Cody seemed more tense as you turned to him. He had his pajama pants and a brown shirt with a red dinosaur centered in the middle. His hair seemed ruffled as if he'd just gotten out of bed. Which was funny since it was supposedly past 1 pm by now. "Hey, Cody, it's okay."

"Y-yeah...?" He forced out. "I mean-"

"I'm sorry, but I'm dating your sister. Still not sorry!" Freddy barked out of nowhere. Cody flinched and you whirled around. Hoping that Cody had paid more attention to Freddy's tone and voice than to what he actually said.

"FREDDY!!" You practically screeched. "Don't listen to him, the bear tells lies. What's on your mind?" You knelt down next to your brother, placing your hands firmly onto his shoulders." Do you wanna head somewhere else? Are you scared? It's ok, you can talk to me. He isn't going anywhere I promise."

"Um..." he pointed up behind you."

Freddy towered over the two of you.

"FREDDY PRIVACY PLEASE!!"

"Oh, please, the only privacy you'll get is outside of this house." He stomped off to your room.

"H-how...how is the bear..." Cody stuttered again.

"Right. That. I honestly have no idea," Like heck no were you gonna tell this child Freddy kills kids. "But I do know that Freddy is harmless, and I've known him long enough to know that for a fact." Another thing you weren't sure about. You began to question silently whether he really was innocent in your mind. Of course he had his own whacky moments and was sometimes even possessive...

"Wait you knew? How long was he walking around our house?" Cody was really scared now.

"No, Cody. He was in the basement this entire time. I only went down later at night to talk to him. Trust me, he didn't walk around the house or anything. Well I guess he is walking around now, but only because there was no one else home." Cody looked hesitant. Well, who wouldn't be? It was a giant walking and talking animatronic bear. And he walked in on the bear snuggling his sister. Speaking of...

"So....um....what exactly were you two doing? Before I came in?" Cody asked in a small, nervous tone of voice. Your eyes widened, but only momentarily. You laughed it off.

"Oh, no, don't worry. Just giving old Freddy a big bear hug."

"Like..the fluffy stuff that dad put on him?" Cody cracked a small smile. Not a nervous smile, a real smile.

"Yeah! Like that!" You smiled back to him encouragingly.

"Do you think...maybe I could give Freddy a hug?"

You had to admit you were a bit hesitant on this as well. "Ok, just hang on while I go grab him." Cody stayed there, dropping his bag and starting to unpack. You walked down the hall into your room. Freddy wore a smirk.

"So, someone wants to give little old me a hug?"

"Agh, shut up you old thing." You joked. "And yes, which means no hurting him. Play it gentle, ok? Keep that chest cavity nice and tight! And don't you dare pull the 'he's hugging me I can't breathe'!" You said sternly. Freddy nodded, this time you were sure he would cooperate. And if not...?