Chapter 40-Fluffier

"When Freddy and Foxy get along....what?"
You couldn't get the conversation from the previous night out of your head. You had been left with an intense amount of confusion from the random contact. In fact, it was such a coincidence that you would run into a former night guard from Baby's....you tried to brush it off. It wasn't like you'd see him any time soon. Actually, you should probably be careful. You did say where your apartment building is, you idiot. AND you said where you worked.
Anyways, you were heading down the elevator for your next night shift. You didn't want to worry Freddy, so you figured you'd keep it a secret. For now, at least. You did want to get behind why you've been hearing some rumors about Baby's recently. The elevator doors opened and you made your way into the main lobby. You were quick to start the lights in the auditoriums....only to be blinded again.
A wet surface splatted against your face and your eyes stung. You stumbled back a bit, trying to gather yourself and assess the situation as panic took flight over you. But then you could hear Freddy and Foxy laughing, and you calmed down.
You reached up to whatever was on your face, and seemed to be dripping onto your uniform, and you wiped it off. It was a crumbled dry layer, then some wet stuff behind it. Wait. You licked your tongue against it.
Banana cream pie.
Just as you had suspected.
You furiously wiped the rest off your face leaving some bits still dripping off and a whole mess on the floor and your uniform.
The animatronics were still rolling on the floor, only encouraged by the glare you sent their way. Funtime Freddy finally got up and saw you using the collar of your shirt to wipe the rest off your cheek.
"No, wait, let me get that!" Freddy trotted over to you and took your shoulders in his hands. You really had no idea what he was going to do. Until he gave you a big ol' doggy lick on the cheek. You were left flabbergasted and Freddy did the "😋" face. He saw you and laughed. "You are comedy GOLD, Y/N!" You swatted at one of his hands.
"DON'T do that without warning." You said. You also noticed Freddy had a spare hand on his right arm instead of Bon Bon. Foxy fell back on the floor laughing once you scolded Fred. You groaned at the hysterical fox.
"Awwww, is cupcake angwy?" Freddy teased in a baby voice, cupping your chin with his hand. Foxy wheezed at the comment but then paused, sitting up to kneel on the ground. He sent a look Freddy's way.
"..what?" You and Freddy paused and looked at Foxy while Freddy moved his hands down by his side. The fox stood up on his feet and put a hand on his hip. "I didn't know you had a thing for nicknames, Fredster!"
Freddy grumbled. "Well, Y/N's a special case!" His face shifted back into a smile, unsettlingly unfitting with the scowl he'd just shown Foxy. He pulled you in for a side hug. "By the way, I call dibs on 'cupcake', 'lamb chop', 'doll', and 'sweetie'."
"Great! Then I can have 'dear', 'sweetsums', and 'sugar'." Foxy added. You facepalmed.
"Hmmm, 'sweetsums' comes a little too close to 'sweetie', don't you think?" Freddy eyed Foxy with an exaggerated skepticism.
"You're right. How 'bout we just share the two, then?"
"Sounds good to me!"
"This better not mean I'll have both of you all over me." You added in.
"Oh, no, dear." Foxy slipped past Freddy with his hands up defensively. "Thankfully, I'm not as drawn to you as Fred is. I find you intriguing. Though if I were, say attracted to you, I'm not as...touchy, or as attached as Freddy."
Freddy sent Foxy another one of those looks. They really were like siblings.
"Anyway, glad to have you, Y/N!" Freddy said wiggling his ears. "What's on the list for today's shift?"
"...controlled shocks." You say with a dread to your voice. Foxy and Freddy both tensed up. "I'll....I'll just hang out with you guys."
"Yeah, you never get anything done anyway!" Freddy teased.
"And you're no help, either." You grumbled at the two animatronics.
"Well, I'd love to stay, but I have to tend to my stage. Freddy can fill you in, I had a bit of a tantrum this evening." Foxy said. He added the last bit with a wink and strode off into the darkness. "Get at it, love birds!" He called.
You facepalmed yet again.
"Oh, wow, thanks! Foxy!" You yelled at the fox with sarcasm laced over your words. Foxy only waved as he exited the space, leaving you and Freddy alone. You felt Freddy lean over your shoulder.
"Well, he did say-"
"Nope." You snapped. A long silence followed. Well, it had been a long time since you did anything with Fred. "...Fine. We can hang out in the Breaker Room if you really insist."
"Sounds good to meee~" He sung. He gently took your hand and led you through Ballora Gallery. You felt a little warm in the face thinking about the size difference you felt between your and Freddy's hands. But then you noticed an empty presence in the gallery.
"Hey, where's Ballora?" You asked.
"Oh, at a birthday party. Me and Foxy were scheduled to go for a bit, but then the girl turned us down last minute. Maybe she doesn't like animals all that much. Hehe." He giggled to himself while opening the door to the Breaker Room. You followed him inside and sat down on Freddy's stage. He sat next to you in awkward silence.
Minutes passed.
"So...is Bon Bon at the party, too?" You asked, trying to break the silence.
"Huh?" Freddy perked up and faced you.
"Where's Bon Bon?"
"Oh. He's powered down in Parts and Service." Freddy's exterior seemed to droop down depressingly. "Personally, I'd rather go down and get him myself, but I'm not allowed." You nodded and allowed a moment of silence. "Unless you don't want an audience~?" He was quite quick to kill it. You dismissed him, earning a satisfied hum from the bear.
"Well..." he continued. Freddy slid his hand over and rested it on your lap. "Is there anything you'd like to do?" Your face heated up some and you tried to avoid his half lidded eyes. "Listen. The whole point we went over was to try to start over, correct? This is part of it. Maybe nothing PG-13, but you know what I mean."
"Yeah. We keep things soft. Wait. You can't really--"
"I can do lots of things, sweetheart~"
"OKAY." You scooted away from Freddy playfully and swatted away his hand. He smirked and slid down from the stage. Freddy knelt in front of you, his head nearly rising up to your shoulder's height. You eyes widened some before keeping the composure you needed on your face. You didn't want Freddy thinking you were all flustered. But of course he caught onto your distraught expression. Freddy put his hands onto your knees and started moving his fingers in soothing circles.
"So there isn't...anything at all? Nothing?" You kept the best straight face you could. I don't remember being this touch starved...! You scolded yourself. "Nothing still?" For a moment you thought he'd stop, but then you remembered that this was Freddy you were talking about. Actually, you didn't have that much time to get that thought in before he moved his hands up to your thighs. You couldn't stop the spreading heat on your face. It was infuriating.
"Arrrggh..." you groaned under your breath. You had to admit you were kinda enjoying it, though you weren't the biggest fan of him messing with you like this. Heck, this shouldn't be messing with you! One of Freddy's hands traveled up to your hip and rubbed his thumb in circles again. The other flew up to your chin, perhaps, just to rub it in. He tilted your chin to face him.
"You're a big girl now, aren't you? Come now, use your words~" Freddy purred. When you failed to respond, he planted both his hands on either side of you. He leaned forward, forcing you onto your back so he had you pinned on the ground. He was sure not to crush you, slowly letting himself down to rest on your torso. He snuggled his head on top of your chest with wide eyes.
You paused. Your arms were bent to rest your hands by the sides of your head. You began to bring them down and watched the expression of amusement, or perhaps shock, swiftly run across Freddy's face. You put them both gently on Freddy's cheeks, feeling the cold smooth surface beneath your fingers. Some steam hissed from the surface, leaving you to wonder whether it was Freddy's response or some normal maintenance thing he normally did at any circumstance. His expression said the first one was correct, like he'd just blurted out something he wasn't allowed to say. His wide eyes bored into yours before relaxing some. He closed his eyes and relaxed his head some more.
"It's a good thing I'm not human, huh? This position would be killing my arms if I were," Freddy giggled a bit, kinda awkwardly, too. You were a bit confused at the statement until you looked over. He was using his arms to prop his body up over you to make sure he didn't crush you with his weight. Yes, he wasn't human, but you didn't really like forcing him to do that. You roughly pushed your hands up against his shoulders. He let you move him over onto his back.
"Then we switch," you said. You were the one laying on top of him now. He seemed a lot more flustered than you ever remembered him being. It was adorable, actually. Then he returned to his normal demeanor.
"I like this switch~" he purred, inching his face up close to yours.
"PG, Fred," You reminded him.
"What, I'm not allowed to give you a little smooch on the cheek? Just a little peck?"
"Just a reminder," you rolled your eyes, smiling down at him. "In case you forgot."
"You forget that you're the one making the moves right now, Y/N." Freddy mused, and that fact refreshed in your mind for a second. You hummed and let yourself slide onto his stomach so you were relaxed. Actually, it was a bit too relaxing. Your lost hours of sleep must've been catching up to you. Your eyes had started to droop already, and you finally let them shut. Freddy reached his arm up and rested a hand on your back.
"What are you doing..." you slurred out under your breath.
"This, now that you'll let me," Freddy cooed in your ear. You felt his other hand grab at your back, a bit lower than the other, and hoist you a little closer to his face. The movement ruffled up your shirt a little, making you sit up to try and fix it. But Freddy had his arms locked around you so you couldn't. He pressed his snout up to your cheek and smothered your face with make-shift kisses. You were too tired to argue, and he probably knew that. He definitely did. When he scooted back to see you, you glared through the tired haze over your vision. "Heh, that's cute.." he taunted you.
You let your head plop back down onto Freddy's chest and closed your eyes.
"Get me up at 6...." You slurred out.
"Whatever you say, sweetie."
"Shut up."
"No, I'm good." Freddy moved, then leaned up against something so he was propped up a little at an angle. You let your head rest on the side of his chest, bringing your hand up to trace circles in his speaker. The movement eventually tired out, but it was Freddy's hand on your back tracing out different shapes, that finally pulled you to sleep.