Chapter 47-Three Things

There were three more things to do one night.

Begin testing the illusion disc, rid Baby of her kill codes, and grab a slice of pizza.

You'd planned to meet up with Baby the following day after your shift, but you told her that you'd need a day off before doing anything. She seemed a bit skeptical, but she obliged and let you on your way. You wanted some time to yourself without worry of the others. Freddy also seemed angry, in a way at least, when you'd encountered him last.
You chose not to think of that.
There was no new dream that night, but the one from before was still unnaturally engrained into your memory. You'd ask Baby about it later, once you'd gained more of her trust. She definitely trusted you to an extent, but you felt like there were still some things that she wasn't telling you. That gave you the impression that she didn't trust you completely just yet. At least, maybe not enough for you to hear the whole story. There was a chance that telling her about your dream would prompt her to tell you right then and there. Or it could undermine everything. You weren't sure how it would, but there was still a chance. You entered the dining hall to meet up with the tall clown animatronic.
"How was your day off?" Baby asked. She seemed in a much better mood today, which you appreciated.
"It was good," you replied brightly. "I got some much needed rest."
"That's good to hear," Baby turned around and started walking off into the kitchen. "Because things are going to get more complicated." You were caught off guard whilst following Baby. Could there be a chance of you getting your answers today?
"Oh, um," you stuttered. "Oh, really?" Baby didn't answer you at first. You'd never been inside the kitchen. It was smaller than it should be, but was still a decent size. The quarters were surprisingly clean minus the bits of pizza dough here and there. At the very back of the kitchen, with most of the freezers and frozen pizza dough, was a door that read "LIMITED ACCESS".
You really were convinced that you'd gotten to know the layout of the building. That was until you found out there was a laboratory behind the kitchen.
"Not exactly a laboratory," Baby corrected you. "It's more like a giant space for workers to test us. Just, more in private. There are only a few select people that come back here, and those are the people who are stupid enough to not catch onto what we were built to do."
You nodded as Baby led you along to an open table. She laid back onto the table.
"Whoa, whoa, what are you doing?" You started to get nervous.
"You will be experimenting on my illusion disc. Now, please, attach the restraints to my arms and legs." That last piece of instruction left chills. Literal chills. You wanted to bail. But you knew this was a necessary step forward, and you trusted Baby (at least more now). You grabbed the restraint hooks at the sides of the table and hooked them around Baby's forearms and "shins". The green in her eyes faded so they weren't as bright.
"Next step?" You inquired of Baby. And the rest of the way went in that fashion until you'd successfully opened Baby's stomach hatch and saw the disc. You detached it and opened the small hatch on the back of the disc. Upon doing so, a stinging sensation was sent through your ears momentarily. You tweaked with some of the wiring and Baby appeared to have nightmarishly sharp teeth, a withered exoskeleton, and terrifying eyes that pierced into you. You shrieked before remembering that it was just in your head. A few strange tweaks later, and you found a certain mode that makes Baby appear human. She instructed you to put the disc back so she could get up and walk around to test out the function.
Baby stood up and proceeded to walk around the empty space. She appeared to have smoother skin, but it was apparent that she had the same large body and pigtails. Heck, she was still nearly 7 feet tall. It needed even more tweaks, but lucky for you, Baby said there's a way to customize the thing that people will see. It was a lengthy process, but you got the disc back to normal and back into Baby.

There were two more things to do that night.

Before you could get everyone out, you had to make sure they wouldn't go around killing people on sight. It was time to get rid of the kill code, which seemed like such a lengthy and complicated process, but it wasn't. A week prior to your meeting with Baby, you snuck into the old office that belonged to Mr. Afton himself, the old engineer behind the designs of the animatronics. The blueprints for the code were endless, but eventually you found the section on their "ice cream modes".  You opened a laptop in the old "laboratory" and got to work. First was Baby, since she was the main test subject for now with the illusion disc.
You spent the rest of the night clearing Baby's programming of anything that seemed violent-coded. You hoped and prayed you hadn't erased anything too valuable. You closed out of Baby's controls on the laptop and she was released from the experimental table, where she'd been strapped once again in case something went wrong...
Just before you closed out of the controls for the Funtimes, you caught a glance at Freddy's programming. There was a glitch with his sympathetic AI that enabled him to mimic human emotion, forming his own feelings and personality. But before you could look into that, the laptop had already shut you out of the system. You sighed and closed it. That was a can of worms for tomorrow, though that explained a lot about Freddy's behavior recently. On the way out, you succeeded in microwaving a relatively fresh slice of pizza.

As of late, I've lost a lot of motivation to write this, so I'm speeding to the end Vivziepop style 😏
I want to finish this book. I will finish this book.
Happy 2024!! And happy over three years of updating on here 😀🥲 And happy "this is the 100th part of this book"!!!!!