Chapter 17-Night

You were happy and sad at the same time. You were happy that your Aunt decided to have Cody over for the night, so there was one less living being to worry about. The sad part? You were worried about the other living being in the house.
(I decided on officially making Cody 8 in this story, I keep changing his age for some reason)
The logic of keeping Funtime Freddy in check was just all over the place now. Tonight you were starting fresh. So as your aunt drove off with Cody, you started to prep dinner..sandwiches again. But this time you settled for tuna.
As you were mixing the fish with mayonnaise in a small bowl, you felt Freddy's weight slightly lean onto your shoulders.
"Um-Fred-" you stuttered. He whined and hugged you tighter.
So much for a fresh start. How the heck am I supposed to get him off me?!!
You sighed and went back to making your small meal. Freddy left you alone since then. After spreading the tuna on bread and digging in, you noticed Freddy was no where to be seen...and was oddly quiet.
You finished your dinner and looked at the time real fast. 7 PM. I should probably get to bed around 10...
You walked into your room to see Funtime Freddy curled up in a ball on the floor. He was settled at the foot of your bed.
He isn't sad or anything, right? Maybe because I was unresponsive earlier.
A small twinge of guilt. You shook your head.
No, screw that. I can choose whether or not I talk to Freddy. He's fine.
You took a few steps closer and saw him curl up tighter. The bear sighed softly with satisfaction and turned onto his side so he was facing you. Freddy's eyes were closed, so he couldn't see you standing at the doorway. In his hands he clutched onto one of your shirts and was holding it up to his face.
Your face was contorted with confusion and embarrassment. The bears eyes opened, and when he processed your still figure in the room, they widened.
His pupils rocked back and forth, looking to both sides of him. They came back to you.
Freddy raised up a hand and stuck up his pointer finger.
"I can explain." He said. You smashed his face with a pillow and grabbed your shirt while he struggled to remove the pillow. Once you took your shirt and set it on your desk out of his reach, you saw that he'd been struggling to take the shirt off of his head. The collar was snagged onto his left ear. Finally, Freddy let his arms droop down to his sides. So you decided to pitch in a bit. The bear's head, which had been bowed down, started to look up to you. Up close you could now see the dried streaks of oil that went from his eyes down his rosy cheeks.
"Are you..?" You were hesitant to ask, unsure whether you'd want to hear his response. Freddy seemed to catch onto what you meant to ask, because he shook his head to the side. He bowed down his head again. "Fred, you know you can talk to me, right?" You meant to start with a simple question, but his response seemed even more conflicted. Like that was the problem itself. "The answer is yes." You stated defiantly.
The bear looked back up to your eyes. The e/c eyes that locked onto his. Those eyes that made him go loopy in your gaze. They were locked onto his now. All his. "I...." he started. You gestured for him to continue. But I don't know if I should, Freddy thought. "I had something planned." He blurted. "For us. I had something planned for us today and tomorrow, but now your parents are coming back early, and I don't want to go back to seeing you once a day, and-"
"Freddy." You stopped his rant, stamping both hands down onto his shoulders. "What did you have planned for today?" There was a bit of nervousness in your voice. A part of you hoped he didn't have something as psychotic in mind.
"Some games, maybe some cuddle time for just the two of us. That was basically all, really, now that I think about it." He said, both ears raising a tad.
"Okay, so why can't we do that tonight? It's only 7:00. We still have time for other things to do." You said.
"Really?"
"Yeah, really! Tell you what, I'll get the bed ready, you get some popcorn like how I showed you earlier. We can watch a movie and cuddle all night if you want." You said.
"O-Okay..."
"Freddy."
"Yeah?"
"Is there something else bothering you?"
I want to tell her. I want to tell her so badly, but I just can't. I can't. I have to keep things this way if I want to keep her trust. Or at least, the very least amount of trust that I have.
Freddy shook his head and you shooed him out of your room. After taking a few pillows into your arms, you remembered your shirt. Turning back to your desk, you saw that it'd disappeared again.