Chapter 22-Birthday 2

(REAL FAST LISTEN TO THIS SONG IF YOU HAVEN'T WE BE GETTING MKRE COUNT THE WAYS SONGS BABYY!!XD)
QUICK EVERYONE COMMENT WHAT FNAF CHARACTER YOU MAY OR MAY NOT SIMP FOR-! I mean you probably are simping if you're reading this, so-
I HAVE NOTHING PLANNED-

There was much clamoring. Everyone was outside in the back. And there were about 15-20 people there. You had a big family. You'd just helped your dad clear the dishes from dinner, others had offered to help but you turned them down. Parents were talking to each other like there was no tomorrow, some kids were chasing each other around while others tried to peek through at Funtime Freddy. But the older kids your age were keeping them from doing just that. Specifically, your two cousins Jessica and Alex. Both were twins, and both were red heads. Jessica looked like your typical girly girl on her phone all day, but she was pretty shy and awkward when she was off of it. Alex was the complete opposite. And he absolutely loved sports. Some people in your family called him a bulldozer. For some reason. You didn't understand the nickname, so you let it go.
Where were you now? Standing at the dessert table eyeing the brownies Uncle Carl brought. They looked so gooey....
You caught your mouth start to water and walked away from the table. There was music playing in the background, and a small clearing where kids jumped up and down to the music. Cody was with them. He looked up and caught eyes on you. Cody's face brightened and he ran up to you.
"Y/N! Y/N! Did you see?!! Did you see the brownies?!!" Cody looked up and sighed, his eyes rolling back some and his mouth watering. You laughed.
"Yeah, they look pretty good, don't they?" You said. Y/N placed her hands on her hips. There was the sound of pots and pans dropping on the floor and you felt nervous all of a sudden. A few of the adults seemed to notice and went inside with you. Your dad was on the floor, picking up the pans.
He looked up and saw you standing at the doorway. "Sorry! Butterfingers!" He apologized. One of your uncles went inside to help him out with the food. You figured they got that covered so you might as well help keep an eye on the kids.
So you walked back past the crowd, along the tables all the way back to the corner. You wondered how they'd get Freddy out to show your mom. And how people would react...
Jessica was still there, holding one hand out in front of the curtain protectively and one holding her phone.
"I can take the next shift," you joked. Jessica's head bounced up immediately and she laughed.
"Sorry, I get a bit wrapped up in my music sometimes!" She chuckled nervously, removing an air bud from one of her ears. You hadn't noticed it was there before.
"Oh, no, you're fine! I'm not sure what to do right now, so I thought I could come hang out with you!"
"Oh, really?" She seemed surprised by your response. "Um...thanks! Sorry, again, not really used to people saying that to me! Not that it's a bad thing! Wait no, I-!"
"It's alright! Just relax! We can just talk if that's ok!" You said, finding her scrambled answer to be pretty funny. She nodded with the same nervous expression. "So, what are you listening to?" You asked.
Jessica's face went a bit pale. "I'd rather not say!" She said.
"Oh, please! Like what I listen to could be any worse than yours!" You scoffed.
"Um....okay. I'm listening to the soundtrack from How To Train Your Dragon." She admitted quietly.
"Oh! Like, the actual music in the background?" You asked. She nodded again in embarrassment. "Dude, that's not weird! Come on! That movie's got a good soundtrack! I've had those moments while watching it where I wanted to look up the album for myself!" Her smile perked up a bit.
"Wait, really? Have you listened to it?" She asked nervously.
"Of course!" Actually, no. You haven't listened to it, but you listen to a bunch of other soundtracks and this was a good way to get her out of her shell.
Then there was the life saving question that kept you from going deeper into the How To Train Your Dragon album which you were absolutely clueless about...
"What soundtracks do you listen to?" Jessica asked meekly. You put a hand on your cousin's shoulder.
"Girl, you have no idea." She brightened up even more with you. "I got my favorites-Lion King, the Jurassic Park series, and Dear Evan Hansen. Not exactly the soundtrack but nice songs."
"Oh yeah!" Jessica agreed. "I like most of the Disney movies. There's this one singer from Tarzan and Brother Bear that I really like, but I can't remember his name right now....oh! Did you see the bear?" Jessica nodded to the curtain. It took you a bit of processing to realize she was talking about Freddy.
"No, not yet." You answered.
"Yeah, me neither."
"Wait, if you haven't seen it, how do you know it's a bear?"
"How do you know it's a bear?"
There was silence.
You both threw your heads back laughing.
"Ok, ok, I'll start again," you said. "My dad's been working on it for a while now, so I know what it is. But I guess he gave the thing a whole new look last night so I don't know what it looks like now. Cody saw it and he seemed pretty excited."
"Yeah, he did. Actually, Cody was the one who told me it was a bear. I started freaking out like it was a live bear and he told me it was a robot. Haha!" You both laughed again.
"You don't wanna look at it?" You asked, pointing a finger at the small stage.
"No, I don't wanna spoil the surprise. Plus, it would be be fair for me to keep every one else from seeing it if I did, you know?"
"Yeah, same." You said. You snuck a glance at the curtain, which had been open just by a slit. There was a faint blue glow from inside, presumably from Freddy's eyes. A small wave of anxiety washed over you, relieving the fact that Freddy was watching your every move. "Oh! It's almost 6, right? My dad should be bringing him out soon!" You exclaimed.
"Oh, so it's a 'he'?" Jessica questioned, raising one eyebrow.
"Yeah, of course!" You said, your eyes darting from Jessica to behind the curtain. "Um...speaking of which, I should probably help my dad get out the things for dessert. Heh." You started backing up.
"What if I helped? I feel bad when I'm not in use for anything." Jessica offered. You hesitated. You didn't want to make her feel bad...
"Alright, if you're totally ok with it." You said. Jessica beamed and followed you to the house. While you walked, you could feel Freddy's stare boring into the back of your skull.