Storytime #2-FNaF

So I'm gonna try making this a series on my Wattpad account. I've been hoping to make this a thing on my Youtube channel but ehh I'm not up to putting my voice on the internet. Not yet, at least. Anyways-

This is supposed to be the funny ongoing story of how I FINALLY discovered FNaF.

So, I know that a lot of people say this game is their childhood but I was 8 when the first game came out. And I paid absolutely no attention to video games. I might have heard of it, at least the first two games, and I saw the characters. But that was it for 2014. A few years later I'm watching Player Select with my brothers on Disney XD, and I think this could be in 2017 or early 2018 because this was a LONG time ago, and Player Select came out in 2017. So I was most likely 11 at the time. It was a brief moment, but we were watching someone play a "scary game", then when I see a yellow bear with a WAY overly exaggerated design, I just say "yeah screw that" and I leave it alone forever. 

Funny story, I HATED FNaF. Because FOR SOME REASON I thought that was the actual game. And it was the ONLY game. And the designs were just too much. Back then my brain was all "why the heck are they in your house" or "who would even build these things". I did not expect FNaF to keep coming up. In late 2019 I was all over Wings of Fire animations on Youtube because I had JUST discovered these things. So I'm cruising through MAPs when I see, "Nightmare's Lullaby: Darkstalker and Peacemaker MAP". Out of curiosity, I click on it. And I love it. I think of using the song for one of my own animations. So I look at the song's link in the description. And of course. A Five Nights at Freddy's song appears on my screen. I clicked out of it about 10 seconds into the video for two reasons-

1. I was a scaredy cat. Anything could scare me. From Scooby Doo to even the smallest line from a movie being repeated over and over in my head. Even a small thing from FROZEN gave me nightmares. FREAKING FROZEN!!

2. The second reason is because of the C R E E P Y animation of this giant black bear sitting next to a child in their bed, and the song's voice to go along with it made the difference.

So I didn't click on that video ever again. But ANOTHER FNaF song comes in early 2020 when I'm looking through some Wings of Fire villains theme songs. But really it's just a compilation of fan art with "Salvaged" in the background. I fall in love with the song and look it up on Apple Music to download. I see the album cover and WHAT DO YOU KNOW!! IT HAS THE NIGHTMARE ANIMATRONICS!!!! So I'm now kinda interested in what this game's mechanics are. I took EVERY single line in the song for real to the game and I still had no clue what it was all about.

OK. So by now I've seen a bunch of FNaF things coming up along with a couple songs that I like. I wonder....

Halloween of 2020. The PERFECT time for Gravity Falls.

That's what me and my brothers thought. We were SO caught up in the series and still are.

So I end up watching a Gravity Falls animation meme out of interest...again. It's titled "Gravity Falls I Got No Time Animation Meme"......I think you can see where this is going.

I fall in love with the song and play it on loop, but my mom has me work on the computer instead of my tablet like I usually use. She also says not to use my headphones as often so I'm playing all of my songs out loud on the computer speakers. And so I'm playing I Got No Time while doing my homework, and then I hear from my brother

"That's a FNaF song"

Those words changed everything.

Because after he said that he explained basically what FNaF was, and I was shocked I didn't know it was a FNaF song EVEN WHEN THE SONG'S VIDEO THAT I HAVE PULLED UP SEVERAL TIMES SAYS FNAF 4 SONG IN THE TITLE-

So my brother gets me to watch an animation of the song, a couple gameplays, then I get interested. With Halloween coming up, I like to get scared. Complete opposite of 10 year old me. Perfect time to look up "top ten scariest FNaF animatronics". I gotta say, Mangle was the very first one to pique my interest. They and Withered Bonnie, cause there was something familiar about him and Toy Chica (which is why I'm assuming I've seen them before sometime in 2014 or later). And I knew the main four animatronics, but I don't remember how. Maybe some kids in my grade wore a FNaF shirt....maybe. I think I remember something like that.

So my brothers and I spend the next month and a half taking in as much lore as we can, look through all of TheHottestDog's animations and try not to laugh challenges, and I explore the fandom a bit..

So yeah! Here I am simping up a storm over Funtime Fredboi and getting H Y P E D for Security Breach XD. I never thought I'd be this attached to a horror game, especially Five Nights at Freddy's. That's it for a longer story time thing. It's kinda fun to do these chapters cause I get to rant on about stuff just to get it out. Imma put up either another one shot or the next chapter. I know what I wanna do for the actual story I just need to FIND A TRANSITION INSTEAD OF INSERTING TIME SKIPS ALL OVER THE PLACE.