Chapter 45-Habits

You felt like everything was finally cooling down. It was nearly a month since you told Freddy about the phone call with Cody, and the animatronics told you about the more malicious intent of their designs. It would surely be impossible to look at them the same again. But it helped to know that they weren't happy with their liability risks and wanted to change.
You were asked by the group to help free themselves from their prison. Circus Baby's. You had pondered over it for weeks. The first step was pouring over their blueprints. Baby said the root of their problems is their programming. That's what makes them dangerous, involuntarily acting out and by doing so developing a new punishment system of controlled shocks the workers would give them. Shocks punishing for those said involuntary acts of violence. You'd never seen how brutal the controlled shocks were in action, but seeing Freddy quiver at the mere mention of them convinced you just fine of their brutality. The programming was far too complicated for your simple major in engineering. It went in too far for the animatronics to just be animatronics. This programming went to their core. Their sentience. Their functionality.
You wouldn't be able to understand the programming without asking someone for guidance and exposing yourself. But working yourself to a position of that kind of understanding would be so much more difficult and would definitely take years to pull off.
Reprogramming the animatronics was a no-no. So it was time to try sneaking them out of Circus Baby's. You could always try sneaking them out during your night shift. That would be most ideal in the cover of night and when no one else is in the building. But you needed to find out how you could possibly pull that off without being tracked or found out. So you went to the Security logbook. It had some training advice and info for new security guards, but it also had information down to the smallest detail on how the security is run. With an in depth knowledge of how the security worked over night and during the day, you could sneak the animatronics out in no time.
But there was nothing to help you in that book.
There are no breaks in security. You would never be able to sneak the animatronics out. And you couldn't turn off the security cameras at any given time. Someone will look at them, see you take the animatronics, and report you immediately.
The last shot was what Baby was currently working out with you.
Baby's presence was the most intimidating. You blamed your work schedule; if you were required to spend some more time with Baby, taking on serious conversations like these would definitely be easier. You felt like she had no idea you were even scared in the first place. She was sitting across from you at a table in one of the branch-off diners in the main party/dining hall. Sweat trickled down your neck and uncomfortably sat at the collar of your dark blue uniform.
"So there would be no way of getting us out without getting caught?" Baby said. "Couldn't you disguise yourself so the camera doesn't recognize you?"
"Even then, I'm already a suspect since I would have had the night shift that night. It would be suspicious if someone got in, rolled you guys all out, and I didn't notice. Doesn't look good for me either. Not to mention there's cameras outside, too, so they'd catch my car pulling in."
"Disguise the car," Baby responded immediately. You sat your head on your folded arms, leaning over the table tiredly.
"Baby, as much as I want to take you guys home with me, I can't. It's too risky for me, and if it's risky for me, it's even more risky for you guys. If I get caught, you get caught. And I assume there'd be a pretty good chance of getting scooped, reset, or heck, even scrapped."
There was a moment of calculating silence between the two of you. "Alright, then. I don't want you to risk too much for us," Baby deflated some. "However, there is one other option, but it'd maybe be a bit far fetched."
"What is it?" You asked.
"There's something called an illusion disc. It's able to emit a sound that messes with the human brain. Your vision of something could be completely manipulated." You paused for a moment.
"So, what you're saying is, I could disguise myself?" You said.
"No. Each of us are equipped with our own sound illusion discs. It's part of our curse, to be experimented on. But I think we could manipulate the discs to make us look like real people."
"So that's how you would get out?"
"We haven't worked out all of the details yet on the plan, but fundamentally, yes. We know it's possible for us to make our own disguises and we'll need your help. There are a few flaws to the plan, though. We don't know anything about the human world and will need your help. So either you give us a quick run down and send us on our way, or we live with you. At least for a little while until we can go on our own."
You sat there a bit astonished at the possibility of walking around with these guys, in broad daylight. Would you be able to spend time with Freddy in public? The scenario made your heart jump little ways, but also created a spike in anxiety. What if the animatronics were found out? It'd be all over the news. Especially if you were out on one of your romantic scenarios, out in public with Freddy. That would not sit well in the minds of people who happened to witness that.
"Y/N?"
You circled back to Baby, who was gesturing for you to give feedback. You were skeptical about the idea of bringing animatronics home, but if they looked identical to real people....
"I think it could be a really good way to do this. If you can make the disguises, I'll help. And I'd be more than happy to have you guys move in with me. I mean, you don't need all that much food anyway, right?" You shot finger guns and an awkward smile at the animatronic.
"We would need a substantial energy source to keep us online." Baby wasn't one to follow up on a bad joke.
"I'll find something in the area ya'll can use. But I'd still want you guys to come. If you want to go out on your own, you're welcome to do that. If you wanna stay with me, you can also do that."
"I'm grateful for your generosity, Y/N."
"No problem, man. We're all friends, right? Over the past year or so? Ya'll are literally undergoing torture. I wanna help out." Baby smiled and nodded in a way that'd look like a tip of the hat to you. You smiled back and stood up in your seat with Baby.
"So, what'd be step one to this illusion disc thing?"
"Extracting it. We can't access it on our own, but those working on us can. You have to do it."
"Oh, easy." You stretched out your fingers. "I can get to them when I have the next scheduled maintenance. I'm not a mechanic, but apparently, oiling the joints and stuff is ok for an engineering degree to take on."
"I suggest taking on Freddy tonight. You're the most familiar with him. I also assume with everything that's been going on recently, he'll be able to help you with that. You two are close, right?" She winked.
"Ha. Yeah, we're, um. We're friends. We're good friends." You looked at the ground. Baby's facial expressions were too much at the moment. "I'll just get to maintenance on him."
"You really shouldn't keep your relationship a secret." Baby teased. "Not that you do, anyway."
"Well, you make me wish I did." You snapped back at Baby, lifting your tone with an equally teasing smirk. The one that quickly slid off of Baby's face. She was the one that liked to give an occasional tease to try and tick off people, in a friendly way of course, but she didn't like getting it herself. "I'll go."
You hustled out of the diner and took a well earned shortcut to the breaker room. It took longer than you'd hoped to learn this, but the reason Freddy even has a stage in the breaker room is it raises up to his show stage up front. He's the only one who doesn't have his own additional auditorium where just he performs (and those small party rooms for private shows don't count) so he gets an exclusive shortcut. In exchange for a comparatively crappy room to the others, he gets a convenient lil shortcut.
It would've made your life so. Much. Easier. Knowing that it was there the whole time.
The diner where you and Baby chatted was the main food provider in the big dining/party room where the main stage was. You hopped on stage and onto Freddy's little circle. There was a complimentary remote control for these kinds of things the boss forgot to give you when you first got your job. Like around a year ago. You switched the Freddy icon and the circle shifted a bit. The beginning was always a little rusty and creaked so loud you'd think you were about to fall with the platform. It was something the other daytime mechanics had to get to in the next week or you'd be getting on their asses. Fazbear Entertainment or not, if that thing crashed, no way were you getting out without a lawsuit, a charge, something.
You finally landed in the middle of the breaker room. Freddy unmistakably heard the noise, because as soon as the surface locked in, he bounded out from behind the wires and tossed you up into a giant hug. He twisted his torso back and forth with you flailing loosely about in his arms.
"FREDDY!!" You yelped. "FREDDY PUT ME DOWN!!" He slowed down, but didn't release you. But you appreciated the adjustment and bent your arm to pat him on the arm. He snuggled his head next to yours. You could feel his chin resting on the back of your neck. Finally, your weight slid out of his grasp with ease. Your feet made contact to the floor and Freddy stepped away from you.
"So? How was it?" His childish mega kid was back. Now, there were three kinds of "Freddy" that you were able to keep track of. One was extremely mischievous and liked to play pranks. So. Many. Pies. He also took a lot of joy out of flirting with you on the clock. It didn't matter where, he did it when he felt like it. It was only actually annoying when he flirted with you in public, cause then you'd have to cover for him, try to cut him off mid sentence before it got weird, or explain that it was just a malfunction.
The malfunction got the least amount of persuasion, and the biggest amount of visual disturbances.
The second was simply a psychopath and rarely showed, and usually when his killer mode came out. He was all kinds of possessive over you and would ramble about death. Different ways to die and torture methods would fascinate him to say the least.
The last ego Fred had was the one that showed now. The childish one. The only one that was actually made for the kids he performed for.
"It went great, Fred." You cupped his face and saw hints of worry flashing in his expression. You kissed him on the head and he instantly relaxed. "You gotta stop worrying about literally everything I do."
"But Baby scares me." Freddy whined.
"Since when? I thought you told me yesterday that she was overrated and she would get destroyed in a match."
"Shh!! Don't let her hear that...!" Freddy covered your face with his paw. Yes, paw. A legit paw. The latest update, and your favorite one by far, was adding the paw beans on his hands. Maybe they weren't on his feet, but the hands made him all that much more stinking adorable. Another adorable update would be the purple stripe on his top hat was now a legitimate bow tied onto it. "What did you guys talk about?"
"Well..." you took his hand off your face and into your hands. You walked Freddy to the edge of the stage to sit him down. "We talked about ways of getting you guys out of here, of course. And she mentions these illusion discs you guys have."
"Yeah? Oh, yeah! Right! We do have those! What does she wanna do with them?" Freddy's ears lowered and his pupils grew in size as you moved in front of him to sit on his lap.
"She says you can adjust the frequency of the disc to portray an image of yourself, and basically make yourselves a disguise. Didn't go into details of how that would work, but..."
"Oh, it will!! That's actually not a bad idea!" Freddy brightened up.
"That's what I'm saying! Now, Baby said I should go down here and perform maintenance on you first." Your tone changed, and Freddy caught on immediately.
"Oh?"
You leaned forward, pressing Freddy down with your hand on his chest. The thing about his childish ego in motion was that he was easy to boss around for once. "Baby said that since, you know, we're the most familiar with each other." Freddy's metal started to heat up. "Where'd you say your illusion disc was? In here, right?" You traced your finger around his speaker, gesturing to his chest.
Freddy was flat on the ground. "I-I never told you that. It was probably the, um. U-Uhh...the printblues. BLUEPRINTS!! Ah." You moved your legs to either side of him so you were basically straddling the bear. "Bon Bon's powered down, he won't hear anything." Freddy breathed out under his breath. Soft enough that you couldn't make out what he said.
"Huh?"
"What?" A moment of silence beat you both on the head. You started laughing and laid down on his chest.
"Ohhhh, maaannn...." You dragged out happily. You propped your chin up just below his bow tie. "You're adorable, Fred."
"Oh, am I?" He raised an eyebrow with a teasing bit to his voice.
"Oh yea," you jumped forward and wrapped your arms around his neck, pecking his face with kisses until he started thrashing away from you.
"Y/N!!!" He shrieked. He rolled onto his left side and you fell off of him. But Freddy was quick to return the favor, scooping you up and trapping you in a hug. He pressed his muzzle on top of your head and ruffled your hair with it. You laughed some more while struggling to free your arms. One arm slipped out and you grabbed Freddy's head. The laughter that ensued allowed you to slip your other arm out and grab his face, quickly leaning forward to press a big ol' smooch on the front of his pink muzzle.
Freddy legit looked like he'd short circuit, so you were crouched and ready to jump away if he started to twitch or anything. Two loopy eyes looked back at you, then at the ground shamefully. You hugged him again with some reassurance of his mechanical stability.
You felt his hands start to wander from your hips up, but not very far before retaining to just your back. You felt comforting strokes streak up and down and relaxed your head beneath Freddy's chin.
"Boi, you are such a derpy melty kinda version of yourself."
"Well, is that a bad thing?"
"No," you replied. You looked up at the bear and gave a peck on the chin. "It's cute. I kinda forget you're a robot sometimes."
"Is that also a bad thing?" Freddy started to sound legit worried.
"No, no, Freddy. I love you human or not. And that was actually supposed to be a compliment. You're so lovely and emotional, it'd be hard to not consider you human at first glance."
"So, it's not a bad thing if I'm not human?"
"Of course not, honey, where'd you have heard that kind of thing?" Freddy's ears burned at the pet name.
"No where," he said. You have a stern parental look. "No, really. It was just me thinking earlier. You deserve someone with all the human qualities. Cause I don't have all of them."
"Well, I kinda just...don't care." You kissed Freddy again and he leaned away to close his eyes bashfully.
"This better not be a habit," Freddy opened an eyelid to smirk down at you. "Because a part of my program is to mimic things I see people do over and over. And the AI won't care if I'm in public or not." He took your chin and tilted your head up so you weren't in line with his chin anymore. Instead, your head shot forward to his nose.
Squeak!!
...
"BAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!" You barked.
"Oh, shush, you." Freddy snapped with a snarky grin. He pushed his muzzle up to your lips and shifted his faceplates to form a makeshift kiss. You leaned back into him and pulled away, but not without booping his nose one more time. Freddy sighed.
"I'll let that one pass. You came here to work maintenance?"
"You're looking in perfect order. Buuuuut Baby wants me to get that illusion disc out."
"Right now?" Freddy raised an eyebrow. "No way, you can take a break from that stuff."
"But-"
"Nope. Come back tomorrow. Then I'll let you run some real maintenance on me and we can talk some more. You're forgetting that you've had a hectic few weeks. I'm surprised that Baby had you start working on this new plan the night you agreed on it, but then again, I'm not too surprised."
"Hehe. Fine, I'll wait." You stood up with Freddy and you dusted yourself off. There was dust all over his stage. "They really oughta dust this stage off."
"Eh. It's old."
"Not that old.." Freddy tapped your shoulder and stepped off the stage. He looked from you, to the control panel, back to you. You sighed and pulled out the stage controls. Baby's orders can wait. Rest now, work later. You've earned it from all this research you've done for these animatronics. The stage raised you back up to the dining hall and you watched as Freddy's shape disappeared. You gave a small wave to him and for a split second, saw him wave back.
Adorable.

Now that I've finished this chapter, LET ME JUST TALK ABOUT THE SPOT REAL FAST--
HES SUCH A SILLY GOOBER I LOVE HIM SO MUUCCHHH!!! And at the beginning when he said "I was handsome by scientist standards" my brain just went "BY MY STANDARDS TOO THE MANS SELLING HIMSELF SHORT". We only got a  3 second clip of when he got blowed up and became Spot and he looked good. And then there was a picture of him with Doc Octavius and he had the beard and long hair and I just went WHA-
OKAY-
Did he get a haircut or??
It's the nerdy ones that've been getting me lately. And then he says "THIS IS WHY I LOVE SCIENCE!!" And my heart just went 🥺 HE MUST BE PROTECTED
I've seen a lot of people saying he's more of a s-....a SUBway sandwich. I agree. But when he's the Spot and thrown in all the angst I'd see him becoming a yandere and a little more confident and I LOVE IT
Silly goofy man starts showing some red flags and attachment issues I love it 👏
I'd love to see some more of him as Jonathon Ohnn in the next movie, and some more cool clips of The Spot 🤩
I will feel bad for whoever's gonna be sitting next to me in that movie theater 😻
Of course I'll feel bad if he gets killed but hey Bill Cipher got killed and I'm still down for him lmao BUT. I just need those clips, man. And hey, a little redemption arc would never hurt. Well, no. It'll definitely hurt me. I'm the kind to start sobbing hysterically when a villain has that arc and ends up getting killed I feel so bad for em. Maybe the one in a million ending chance will happen and the Spot will be cured. I'd love to see that. So then he can go to jail or whatever and I can write about us breaking him out and going to our apartment-
Also I knew that shot of his behind would grab some people's attention and hey I don't blame em lol like it was put in there for a reason JUST LIKE MIGUELS A-
Miguel simps are so predictable, simping for the guy that was obviously made to be hot. But WE'RE HERE FOR THE GUY WHO WAS MADE TO LOOK PATHETIC. AND HE IS PATHETIC, BUT HES PATHETIC ENOUGH TO BE CALLED HOT 🗣️‼️✨🙌