A FNaF rant...

All this "old fan" vs "new fan" talk is starting to make me uncomfortable, because I don't really know where I fall on the spectrum.
I officially became a fan in 2020, but I was always somewhat aware of FNaF. I saw little bits of gameplay as a kid, and I knew who the core four were. But I saw Nightmare Fredbear and thought his design was too exaggerated. I didn't think the games were scary and I quickly discarded them. Come late 2019 to early 2020, I started listening to "Salvaged" by NateWantsToBattle.
I also found "Sweet Dreams" by Aviators. I loved both of those songs and my interest for the series was piqued.
But not enough for me to actively seek it out.
In October 2020, I found FNaF again with "I Got No Time". This song remains one of my TOP favorite FNaF songs, and just one of my favorite songs in general. Just to get into the Halloween spirit, I made the search, "Top 10 Scariest Fnaf Animatronics". Lo and behold, the rabbit hole officially began from there.
I started looking for all the original FNaF songs, animations, trends, etcetera. Yeah, I found out about Vincent and his bread. I thought it was hilarious and I loved Vincent.
I was also a Springtrap simp going right into FNaF 🫣 I feel like he's the one that really hooked me onto it at first lol

When people have been referring to "new fnaf fans", they've been referring to those who came in with the movie news and Security Breach. I came in a little more than a year before Security Breach, so luckily, I made it onto the hype train for it and BOY was that fun XD
I don't know if it refers to me as well, but I don't like it when people just assume that new fans don't know what the lore is at all. I mean, sure, not all of us will understand THE WHOLE STOCKPILE OF LORE. Not ALL of us are going to understand the fandom's inside jokes. But not all of us were able to be there.
I didn't have personal internet access til 2020. I couldn't look anything up on my own, let alone watch the things I LIKED on YouTube. A part of me wishes I was there for the golden era of FNaF, but a different part of me knows I would've been cringy AS FRECK. FNaF 2, unlike the fourth game, would have traumatized me. I mean, I got nightmares for weeks just from a goofy Scooby-Doo episode. So I'm kinda glad I've waited til I can tolerate horror a bit more, and I'm more mature.
That's my whole rant about how I came into fnaf. I'm real insecure about whether or not I'm a "real fan". I could say I've been waiting a while for this movie, which is almost three years, but then y'all are like "PFFT that's NOTHING, we've waited EIGHT". I respect y'all, I really do. I just question every once in a while whether I'm valid for getting this hyped up for FNaF if I'm not an original fan.
Yep.