Chapter 16-Time

"Pssst! Cody? You awake?"

"Yeah."

"Come over here."

"Why are we whispering?"

"Just-get over here!"

Cody slipped out of his covers out into the hallway. Funtime Freddy towered over the small boy, yet his expression was nothing but innocent. And maybe a bit mischievous...

"What do you want?" Cody asked quietly.

"Oh, nothing just wanted to make sure you're okay with me."

"Wait, what do you mean?" Cody started taking some steps back.

"That's a no." Freddy slumped over. "I just wanted you to be more comfortable around me. You seemed happy last night, but some of those times seemed a bit....forced."

Cody hesitated. "Well....the truth is, yeah sometimes I get a little uncomfortable. But it's not your fault! My friends just told some scary stories about Freddy Fazbear's, so I was just a little nervous around you." He admitted, holding one arm with his own.

"Hmm," Freddy pondered. "That was part of why I asked you to get up this early."

"Wait, what time is it?"

"Around 7 in the morning."

"What?! I can't be up at this hour! Not when it's the weekend!!" Cody panicked, jumping back into his room. But Freddy's arm held him back.

"That's why I sent you to bed last night, so you could go to sleep early and get in at LEAST 10 hours! If you went to bed at 10, then you should be okay." Funtime Freddy explained.

Cody started to count on his fingers. His eyes widened. "Ohhhh, okay! I thought you sent me off as an excuse to get with my sister." Cody winked, held up finger guns, and Freddy dropped him with a thud. The bear's face was blank, and if he could blush, he'd be heating up right about now.

"What? That's what I got out of it." The boy complained rubbing the back of his head. He sat on the floor looking up to the gigantic bear.

"Listen, Y/N means more to me than anything. It's really hard to explain, but-"

"Don't worry. I'm most definitely not creeped out by this at! All!"

"Why would you be?"

"Well, I guess you kinda are an animatronic bear, and people usually don't expect those to be alive, but here you are! Alive! And totally in love with my sister it seems! Ehh?" Freddy's face slowly changed from stern, melting into a more fearful and concerned expression. And Cody seemed to notice. "Wait-no, that's not what I meant-"

"No, you're fine. Now I really see how nervous Y/N's been around me. Thanks." Freddy gently helped Cody up onto his feet.

"Just so you know, I see it as a new opportunity to fluster my sister. Hehe." Cody said, rubbing his hands together. Freddy simply smiled and rolled his eyes.

"I'm just happy you're at least not screaming your head off at the sight of me. Or the sight of me with your sister. And for clarification not 'with' with your sister." Cody gave a confused look. "No-just-ugh. Never mind. Still young got it." Freddy facepalmed.

"So what's the reason you got me up again?"

"Oh, right! I'm still kind of nervous around Y/N. At first, I admit I was a bit possessive. And I try to hide my regret. Now I'm feeling more and more guilty over her and I want to make up for it."