chapter seventy nine.

I was sitting on the roof of Riddles manor, the sun was just starting to peak from the horizon. I was not alone, the whole land was filled with masked people walking and talking in hushed tones, they were ready.

"What do you think will happen?" A voice said behind me, it was the unfamiliar one to me only because I didn't want to get attached to it. Regulus Black sat down next to me, his long wavy hair was the contrast of the orange hue of the sky. "There will be bloodshed, that much I know."

The soil of Hogwarts will become red with the blood that will spill on this day, maybe the fight will last two days or much longer. Nobody knows. "Are you not afraid?" Regulus asked while playing with his rings that coated his long and elegant fingers. "Fear is the strongest human emotion, of course I feel it. It would be wrong not to. I'm afraid, but not scared."

It was true, this day hung at the top of my head for fifteen or more years, from the day I connected hands with Tom Riddle I knew what I will do. Regulus went to stand up and just as he was about to disappear I spoke up,

"I know what you think of doing," he froze in his steps, "I will not stop you, only because if you didn't think of doing it, I would." I looked at him, his face was so young, he was young. A son of my best friend who will sacrifice his life for the good, something I couldn't do. I was selfish I know. He gave me only a nod before leaving me alone again.

Regulus A. Black will face death in hope that when Voldemort faces his match he will be mortal once more.
Even if he, Regulus, at the moment taught of Myra as the perfect match, he didn't know just what he has done for the future and the boy that was now peacefully sleeping in the hands of his mother.

Yesterday night I went to visit Potter residence when everybody was asleep.

Little Harry had chubby cheeks that were red from the hot air his mother Lily liked to keep in his room, although his father James constantly spoke bad about it.

His forehead bore no mark and for the first time The Boy Who Lived, didn't exist. Only a normal boy laid in front of my eyes, his long eyelashes moved and the biggest set of green eyes looked adorably at me.

A spiting image of his father.

He didn't cry because he could feel that I bring no danger to him. Only did he pull me in with his sweet smile that spread on his small adorable face, his chin was dripping with drool.

Soon I left the child alone, because in couple of hours I would try to kill his parents.

"Are we ready?" A voice of a leader spoke from the front lines, Tom Marovolo Riddle shined even in all black, his face held a serious expression.

I stood up, my back breaking in couple of spots.

With a step that would make me fall face to the ground I appeared next to him. The front lines were made of  our most powerful wizards and witches. Orion, Bellatrix and Abraxas were only a small part of it.

I of course was in front of them with Tom, on the same line we stood.

"From today a new era will be born. No more will muggle blood mix with ours."

One loud sharp breath was heard, but it disappeared quickly, nobody knowing who let it out.

"Let's go and show them just what real magic is!"

Magic is a source of power only some can control, it was said it only manifested in the ones of true heart. From the time of the first wizards and witches they thought they were the ones to control it.

Even now most if not every wizard born thinks that they are the ones to control it.

Only those who have came to truly understand the power of magic know that it's not you that controls it, but the other way around.

So it was no suprise to see Albus Dumbledore fight of many death eatres just with a slow move of his wand. He was a beast that will not stop until he has come to be the best. That could be said for Tom or better to say Voldemort because the man on that battlefield was no more the boy I once knew.

His black robe was flowing behind his back, arm extended with powerful wand sitting at its end.

With a blinding green light everybody fell behind him like flys.

I was not fighting, didn't really have to because the number of Dumbledores followers was not as grand as we thought it to be. Was this just to mask the army that will appear out of nowhere and make us all kneel?

Or was the number of people fighting for good really this sad.

"Isn't it lonely up here?" A female voice asked from the side. Her hair was cut short, she ditched that awful hat she always carried and for once her posture wasn't sulken. "It's lovely actually." Of course it wasn't, seeing all the bloodshed.

Minerva McGonagalls lip turned up ward, but seemed to lean downward. She had that thing when you smile your lips curved down giving you an unique expression.

"In the end, I'm happy you didn't get him." I said to her. "He would destroy you mentally, making you his weapon and you just could not resist it." Her eye, the one that could move told me she was grateful.

"Is there any part of you that hates this?" Her hand moved to my company on the battlefield.

"Yes, I hate this maybe more than you Minerva." It was true, even my heart was heavier than the earth because of it. "I hate not because I stand with this alluring, intellectual and strong minded people. I hate this because I never could show who I truly was.

Nobody knows my real story, except me."

It was sadness that now coated our bodies.

"Then tell me, I can listen."

Only did Minerva not know that it was not about the listening, but about telling. All my secrets, all my needs and all my regrets.

"I can't."

And I didn't, but I will write. I shall write even if my knuckles turn blue.