chapter forty nine.

"And then he kissed me." Druella stopped her storytelling by falling on her bed. Walburga made throwing up like motion next to me. She was acting like a child, but I still laughed.

"I'm happy that everything went good." I said and punched Walburga next to me so she had to say it too. We were just getting ready for bed, we dressed in our nightgowns and layed in our beds, waiting for the loud noises coming from the common room to stop.

I was waiting for my nightmares to come, but they didn't. I was laying in the dark, waiting and waiting for nothing to come. Only when the first sun of dawn shined through the water did I hear it.

"Tomorrow, we will meet in the death and will linger together in the deep."

No water, nothing. I woke up only to the sound of girls getting ready. I felt a wet lick go down my spine. Somehow I dreaded tomorrow.

Two more tests and we are done for good. I repeated that to myself over breakfast and in the library while girls wanted to rip their hair out. Defence Against the Dark Arts and Charms. Two hardest, most dreadful and needed classes if you wanted to become a good, powerful wizard.

Days are getting slower, weather is getting worst and everything just seems, wrong. While dining in the Great hall the ceiling changed, from a shining dusk to a lightning storm. Thunder and lightning struck so hard students ran out to eat somewhere in peace.

Walburga and I were just finishing our essays for History of Magic. Topic was muggles and their habits. I wrote word after word about their selfishness and love, their pros and cons, how they were so like us, and how sometimes not even a chromosome of us.

"This better get me a good grade." Walburga said while letting her paper fall into a box at the door of our classroom. We finished late at night and were ready to lay around and do nothing. "That paper took 5 years of my life." I said while letting out a long breath. "And you look like it did." She joked and ran away before I could snicker some awful comment her way.

Damn her and her smart mouth.

I started to walk towards the common room, sometimes stopping to look at the bad weather outside. As I looked over to my left I jumped a little, seeing Tom leaning on the wall. "What are you doing here?" I asked him while he started to walk towards me. "I saw you walking so I waited." He shrugged while we started to walk again.

Common room was empty by the time we came in. Wanting to rest, but not separate we sat on the sofa, at least I sat while Tom layed down. His head in my lap. On my thighs. Eyes closed he looked like a god.

I wanted this moment to last forever.

He and I, alone. Running my fingers softly through his hair, it was like spiders silk, the best of its kind. I want to cry, to rip my heart out and put it in his hands. He should know that my life is in his hands from now on.

"I have to confess something." I said softly and he hummed. I want to hear that sound for the rest of my life. That soft, peaceful and innocent hum coming deep within him. "I'm not in love with you." I spoke. Letting words linger among us for a second.

He opened his eyes.

Bright gold shimmered deep within the green. I could see myself in them, I could see the past, the future and the present. All at the same time. It made my heart ace. "What are you then?" He asked, his lips moving in a manner that made me lose my mind.

"I'm falling in love." I came to that conclusion this night, while waiting for my nightmares to consume me. "And I can't stop." My voice was less then a whisper, less then wind and more then silence.

"Falling?" He questioned and I nodded my head, his own starting to go up. Our eyes were on the same level, his hands on either side of my legs. Warmth from his body made my own coat with sweat. "Such an ugly word." His voice was like mine, it could move the world. "For an ugly love." And could at the same time shatter it.

Ugly love.

I thinked about it as his lips touched mine. There was no more perfect explanation for this thing among us then those two words. Because our love was ugly, but at the same time brilliant.