chapter twelve.

The sky was gloomy, harsh rain was falling down on us, wanting to coat us whole. Professor Slughorn was standing next to the small doorway, waiting for us to enter the forbidden alley.

Diagonal Alley never looked so empty. Only a small amount of people were visible looking at the already closed shops, while a group of students came roaming the forgotten alley in a hope of finding the place to stay.

Professor Slughorn and Professor Kettleburn took the lead as people in charge. Directing us to the black looking building, that had a feel to it, the building was trapped in the past.

As we entered, warmth welcomed us with open hands. Our once wet clothes now became damp. In this era the whole building inside has a different feeling to it. It was homey.

Professor Slughorn told us to stay behind, while he and Professor Kettleburn went to take keys to our rooms. The bartender was the only person here besides us, he was cleaning yellowish looking glasses, even if he cleaned them forever, they would still be yellow.

"Come on students, let's get you in pairs and get you the rooms." I stood behind two girls from Ravenclaw, they were holding hands, waiting for their room key. That is when I felt presence next to me, it was infact Tom, and I thought he was joking about what he said in the carriage. "Tom and Myra you are in the room, 34"

Room 34. It was the one on the bottom of the hallway. The door creaked and I poked my head in, only to find a dull looking room with dust covering every surface. In future I would give this room zero stars. I couldn't really complain, neither did Tom. Everything is better then sleeping outside. There was a king size bed, only one. When I gazed it with my hand it split into two smaller ones. Twin sized beds.

When I turned around I saw Tom leaning on the door frame, looking amused at me, "other girls would not done that" he commented while stepping in the room and putting his bag on his bed.

I shrugged, "we are not that close" I said while puting my bag on the floor next to mine bed. I started to clean the dust off, it was getting into my nose bringing up my allergies.

"You already saw the part of me most people don't know of." He fired back. I only gave him a look that made the whole room fill with uncomfortable silence. I wish I hadn't seen that side of you, I wish that I was oblivious to the things you do.

Tom and I have been in the room for a while now, neither him or I are willing to go downstairs where it seems the life of the party is. Talking to people sometimes really is exhausting.

Out of no where there was a knock on the door. I looked at Tom and he looked over at me. "Come in" I said while sitting up, as the door opened Professor Slughorn walked in, Tom got off the bed, now walking towards the Professor who was talking casually to Tom and I was just sitting there, trying to hear what they were talking about.

They only talked for a short while, Tom looked amused and that made me go out of the room. I ordered something to eat and was greeted with pancakes that smelled like home. I was the only person downstairs besides the bartender that was reading a newspaper on the table next to me.

"You should go to bed now" bartender said while taking away my food, I was not finished yet, "why, and I was not done with that" I said while standing up from the chair I was sitting on. I didn't get the answer to my question so I just stormed to the room. I found it to be empty, where is Tom? Maybe it's good that his not in here now, I can change quickly.

So I did, and I went to lay in the bed but I couldn't sleep. After some time I heard the creak of the door, they were slowly opening, some of the light from the hallway got into the room.

"I know you are awake" Tom's voice said, and I turned around, looking at him, the moonlight that was coming from one small window gave me enough light to see his figure. "Where have you been?" I asked, adjusting my positing on the bed, he was moving slowly in the dark, not once hitting anything. "Nowhere in particular
"He answered with what sounded tired voice.

He started to undress and I turned around, giving him the privacy he deserves as any being. I tried to sleep, and the whole day took a big turn on me and my eyes closed to the sound of Tom's slow and steady breathing.

Only if I knew, that the boy laying on the bed next to me didn't close his eyes for the whole night. He was breathing out hot air that even in the dark looked like white smoke.

He was still, he did not move, his eyes did not close, his lips did not twitch. His mind on other hand....was a windmill of thoughts. Of memories he did this evening. Of actions he took when the girl was not present.

He only moved to look at her. Even he could see the rising of the blanket that was covering her body. That girl was something new to him. She was bold, but shy at the same time. She knew her worth but sometimes answered like she didn't know herself. But most time, even in situations that were not the best for her, she surprised him.

And now she was peacefully sleeping and for the first time Tom Riddle was terrified of somebody.

He was terrified only by a thought that she can sleep that peaceful next to him, knowing a monstrous part of him.

It truly terrified him.