chapter four.

Tom Riddle rubbed his hands together in that classic way villains do, he wasn't about to pretend to be anything other than what he was. He enjoyed it, to him makin people fear, taking more power was only a game.

He placed his move and sat back, waiting for his opponent to make the move he knew they would. Really, where was the challenge in that? But it was more fun than not playing at all.

His moves were all variations of the same things. His friends, they sold their morals, ignored their moral compasses for such low prices, but for them the price was high, to be the right hand of Tom Riddle. To sit next to him, to hear his plans and to laugh and enjoy his marvelous mind.

Although, now in front of him was not one of his friends, but a young boy that glared angrily at the young Riddle  for what he has done to his sister.

Toms friends bewitched the young boys older sister to do things for them. I stood in the corner, everybody was intensely watching what is going to happend, the young boy looked like he was going to explode, his face red. Riddle on other hand looked calm like always, not showing any emotion.

There was a significant gap between them, one could rule the world, the other would die in their reign.

Even if my morals were as low as Riddles, I just couldn't stand there and watch. So I went to look for the boys sister.

Slumped against the lavatory wall, with salty tear in her eyes and greasy hair she stood there under Imperio curse battling a war going inside her head. Next to her? A boy with a smile as wicked as his leader.

He didn't see me, neither of them have. That's probably for the best because to undo a forbidden curse, you have to cast another one. So the boy was now slumped against the wall, trembling like a caged animal waiting for its end to come.

The girl? Free and running towards her brother.

Me? Disgusted by the man I must change.

I didn't pay attention in any of the classes after the incident. So I studied Tom Marvolo Riddle. Watched how he wrote and looked up at the professor, how he was so calm, elegant with his movements and so painfully mysterious.

A quill flew right at my head. I dodged it just a second before it would hit me. "Miss. Rosier, why in the name of Merlin are you trowing your quill at Miss. Rowe!" Professor of the History of Magic shouted at Druella, whos cheeks grew red, she tried to say something, but couldn't utter a word. "I'm taking five points from Slytherin." I shaked my head. What else could I do?

After the class ended we went outside quickly. "What did you want to tell me so badly?" I asked Druella and she looked at me with red cheeks that wil probably stay like that the rest of the day. "I see that you are always looking at Riddle, so I must warn you that there is one girl, from Gryffindor, who is madly in love with him." She stopped to take a deep breath. "So be careful." I nodded.

I don't know about who she is talking about, but if the girl is madly in love with him. She will come for me because after all love is the strongest emotion and it can break you.

Two more days passed and it was the end of my first week at Hogwarts in this period, it was fun and challenging. I made some progress, but not much, but I did.

So now, I'm with Drvella in the common room chatting about nonsense when group of 4 boys came in the room and sat at sofa next to us.

It was Abraxas Malfoy, Orion Black, Tom Riddle and one boy, whos name I don't remember. But a set of footsteps could be heard running down the stairs, it was Olive Hornby, not the best girl to be around or the brightest.

She sat on the Abraxas lap, giggling like a child. Drvella was fuming next to me and her taking deep breaths caught the attention of Tom and the unfamiliar boy. "Take a deep breath Drvella." I told her, trying to calm her down, it was not the best kept secret that she fancies Malfoy.

The boy hit Malfoy on his hand, showing at Drvella and the girl Olive was smirking like a lunatic. "Oi, Hognors." She called out and Drvellas eyes went to look at her. "It's sad that you think you have a chance." She laughed just like the rest of the group did, even Tom let out a little chuckle.

That bitch.

That was the thing that made Drvella stand up, to take her wand out and point it at Olive. I let my hands fall in my lap. I shaked my head, this is so childish.

"Come and fight Hornby!" She called out and Olive stood up, boys looked like they were about to explode of joy to see two girls fight. Only Riddle had a annoyed expression on his face.

"Drvella, don't." I said while standing up taking hold of her arm. "Look, even your friend doesn't believe in you." Olive joked. Drvellas eyes went to mine. "That is not tru-" Olives voice cut me off before I had the time to finish.

"Are were going to fight, you whore!" That is when I saw a tear on Drvellas faces go down, she was a nice girl, always taked things to her heart.

Nobody likes to be called names, especially in front of the boy you like. I was never a person to start a fight, but Drvella was a close friend, one of my only friends now and I knew what it would mean to her to have Hornbys face slammed to the wall.

"Expelliarmus." Olive flew behind, Breaking the bookshelf with the hit of her body. "Accio wand." Taking her wand and breaking it in half is probably the worst thing you can do to a student in a fight.

So I did it.

I heard sobbing Drvella behind me and that made me even angrier. "Don't let yourself be seen by me again and I will show you why I changed schools.

So fear it, fear me Hornby."

I never showed a side of me that could tell people who I truly was. Especially when it was not the right time and this was not it. But I was terrible and wanted to take out everything I held in for so long.

I turned back and tugged Drvella so we got out of the common room, her crying was gone and only tearstained face remained. "Drvella, don't let other people opinions hurt you, know you worth and hold your face high. Don't let them break you." I said while rubbing her back. She smiled.

"You are like a gift sent by Merlin from the future!" She exclaimed while giving me a hug. Yes, a gift from the future indeed.

But for some a nightmare.

As Olive cried over her broken wand, Tom Riddle looked at the new girl hugging her friend and he was stumped.

Should he kill her as he planned or is she actually someone to have beside him?