chapter one.

Where it all started

It always starts with my name "Myra Rowe." Stepping into the sunlit office of the most beloved headmasters made me anxious. "Professor Dumbledore." I said, words rolled of my tongue like slik, coating the name of a familiar who was like a father.

His face was worn off, for every line on his face it was the number of years he held in the grasp of his hand, his eyes were kind but held power and authority. Lips were dry but always showed me a kind smile.

"Do you know why I called you here Miss. Rowe?" Said the headmaster, his eyes followed me through the half moon glasses that shined in the sun, the same ones that stood on his broken like nose.

"I do not know, the head student didn't say anything, only that it is an urgent matter." I said while my whole being was shaking, just from thinking that I got in any kind or sort of trouble and from the thought of him himself punishing me.

Even if Albus Dumbledore is a kind, respected man, he knew the discipline like any other person of authority in this school.

"Ah, yes I did not want to speak of this when everyone could hear. Miss Rowe I have a difficult, maybe even impossible task to give you. For you do not need to take it but just so you know, you are my first choice." He spoke slowly, we had time but his face told me otherwise. He almost seemed scared.

My heart stiffened in my chest, my hands stoped shaking. A task?

"Can I know of what task you are speaking of? Then I could give you my answer." I was intrigued, it would be lying to say otherwise. I loved something difficult, the satisfaction of completing it made me feel worthy, something my greed always wants.

"I need you to go to the past and change the future." Dumbledore said.
He had that concerned look on his face that made even me furrow my brows together at the thought of going back in time.

"For what cause?" I ask.

"Voldemort is back, he is starting to gain his old power and I do not believe we can defeat him like last time." Never would have I thought that his face could hold such grim expression.

For the first time Professor Dumbledore looked his age.

"But isn't there a problem with time turning? You can only go for a little bit of time and you must not be seen by your old past because the future will become destroyed." Everybody knew that time turning isn't always reliable, that's why it's not used. "Ah yes, but the time turner is not the only way to go back Miss. Rowe. Just now, I'm holding something that can turn you back in time, erasing this whole dimension."

He showed around him and on him, everything that I once knew would be gone, vanished.

"What would I have to do, once in the past?" I asked the question, maybe perhaps of it a smile tugged at Dumbldores lips.

"You will go back to gain Voldemorts trust, no, not Voldemorts. Tom Riddles. In your time there you will have to make many decisions, some will be hard to make, but it's better to make any decision than none at all." Dumbledore was always wise, he was known for his knowledge and I tried to memorize every word he said, because I know that I will need it later.

Only a dumbfounded, and blind person would not see where Professor Dumbledore was going with this.

"So Myra Rowe, will you take this offer and go back in time or do I need to pick somebody else for this task?" He asked.

Helping is always the thing I choose, and now I can help Dumbledore, somebody that has been helping me for years, it is time to repay everything he has done for me.