chapter twenty nine.

The candles were lit up, everything was ready. Only a door stood between me and the birthday boy. "Happy Birthday!" I said while slowly increasing the space between the door and the frame. Tom was in his chair, his head a mop of untamed curls. "How do you know?" He asked while getting up, his frame was tall and slouched, like he held weight of world on his shoulders.

"I know everything." I said and I truly meant it. "Then you must know that I don't celebrate such thing." He commented while taking the cake out of my hands. "Then, just put it this way. I made a cake we both are going to enjoy." Another thing I know about him is, he has a sweet tooth.

Day were flying away fast, from the start of our vacation until now when we are ready to go back to Hogwarts I could not tell you what I did in this period of time, well I only got more stressed that I'm running out of time.

I packed my stuff, Tom was already waiting for me next to the door with his luggage. He was wearing all black, that was his statement outfit. If he is not in his school uniform he is in all black, he wants to combine with darkness.

I took a grip on Tom's upper hand, holding hands was still nonexistent thought in his head.
In one swift motion we were in front of Hogwarts. It was a gloomy day, still far better than the snow I had to endure for weeks in the small cottage.

"Myra!" I heard girls voices calling my name and when I looked up I saw a group of six waving at me.

Walburga, Druella, Cygnus, Drvella, a black haired boy I do not know and Lyall. I started to walk only then remembering that I was still holding onto Tom. I gave him a small smile and said my goodbye as he went to walk towards his friends.

"Hey!" I gave everybody a hug, except the unfamiliar boy and for Lyall, he gave me a kiss on the cheek to which girls raised they brows and gave me winks, I wanted to fall through the earth. We went in Great hall with other students. We took places at our house tables while needing to saying goodbye to the black haired boy whose name is Alexander. We also said goodbye to Lyall. Now only five of us remain, as we all sat at our spots headmaster Dippet gave us a speech.

We all clapped at the end and went to our dormitorys to leave our things and catch up with the stuff we missed.

"What the fuck Myra!" Drvella said as soon as we entered our dormitory. I rolled my eyes at the girl who cursed out loud.

"You need to calm down." I said while taking my belongings out of my luggage. They need a wash, quickly. "I would be calm if you would explain how you just appeared out of nowhere with Tom fucking Riddle." Here she goes again cursing. Drvella still did not know that Tom and I were on good terms, while Druella on other side gave me a wide grin.

"I was far behind and then he said that I can apparate with him." I lied trying to sound as convincing as I could.

"I'm not buying it " Drvella said while now having her arms crossed over her upper body while she was marching around the room in lighting speed.
"If she is lying that means she doesn't want to talk about it D, so leave her alone " Walburga interrupted while giving my back a light tap. I gave her a small smile.

"I will not let this go by so easily." Drvella said while going out and Walburga followed her while apologizing. "What is wrong with her?" I asked Druella which was now sitting on bed while shaking her head.
"Riddle and his friends make fun of Alexander and his group." I looked over at the closed door. I know that Drvella likes that boy. I could see it from the way she is looking and talking to him, but to be rude to me for something I haven't even done?

"Don't think much of it, she will forget about it. Tell me about you and Tom." Druella said while now sitting next to me on bed waiting for me to start talking. I told her that Tom spend Christmas with me and I left all the details out, like there was something excited that happend.

"Did he get you that necklace?" Druella said suprised while her thumb went over the small sunflower I hummed. "He is starting to catch feelings for you." She said slowly, and I shaked my head. "Oh no, he gifted it to me because he was grateful that he could stay at my place " I tried to explain, but Druella was not into it.

"Even you know that his excuse was not that good Myra, so be happy about it." She spoke while standing up now starting to unpack herself. "I am." I mumbled under my breath, then another problem came.

"Lyall said that he will ask you to be his girlfriend." I froze in my spot, slowly looking up from my hands that had a book in them. "Excuse me, what?" I asked, I heard it correctly the first time, but I wished I didn't. "Lyall said, that he will ask you," she pointed at me, "to be his girlfriend." Then she made a heart.

"Oh no." I said while letting the book fall on the floor. What have I done to make him think I have any interest in him in that way. "Are you fine Myra?" Druella asked now concerned.

"I will break the boys heart." I said while looking up at Druella who looked sorrowfully at me. "Be truthful with him, don't lie. He will see that you care for him, but not in the way he does." That is exactly what I did when Lyall came over to me when we finished our last class.

"Hey can I talk with you?" He asked me while smiling like a crazy man. I said sure and now we are walking towards the black lake. There was no snow left on the ground and weather was still cold, but I can live with it.

"So, I thinked over my holidays about you." He said while giving me a loving look and I just gave him a smile, we sat on the edge of the lake on a blanket that was quite fat so the liquid from the grass doesn't soak into our clothes.

"And I think I really like you, but not only in the friends way." He looked over at me trying to see my expression. I glurped loudly, seeing and knowing where this is leading on.

"So I want to ask you, do you want to me by girlfriend?"

He was so friendly, he shined in every way. His face lit up when we saw me, his whole being actually. Some may call that love, true love. But what is the purpose of one feeling it when other is not. I gave him a sad smile.

"Lyall." I said slowly, looking up at him in the eyes. "You are great guy, great friend, everything anyone could ask for, but I don't know anything about you." I said and he started shaking his head. "Yes I know that love " I cringed at the nickname, but let him continue."And you could learn more about me in the relationship." He said while trying to get a hold of my hand, but I flinched away. His touch was cold, forbidden.

"Lyall, I don't want to be your girlfriend." I said, getting to the point of this whole conversation, he looked at me dumbfounded. "Why?" He asked and I wanted to hit him, no I wanted to hit myself for letting him think I like him.

"Because, I only like you as a friend, you are a dear person to me, but not in the romantic way." I tried to explain, But Lyall Lupin just wouldn't listen. "Who is he?" He asked sternly and I frowned "what?" I asked, but his facial expression didn't change. He stated to grow angry. "Who is the boy you love! I'm not dumb Myra." Lyall yelled.

There was nobody outside, otherwise I'm sure somebody would get this whole situation wrongly. I mean, at least I hope that he won't hurt me. He was angry, his eyes squinted, his body tightened. I was scared and he was not . "Is it Riddle?" He got the target. "Lyall-" I was interrupted by him taking a hold of of wrist.

"So it is! I see the way you look at him, what does he have that I don't." I got his hold of me off, I was done with this conversation, with this boy fully. He turned to be somebody I had never thought he was.

"Tell me why you love Riddle and not me!" He said while trying to get a grasp of my arm once again but I pulled it back in time. "Because" I stopped. My mind was empty and the only thing echoing was Lyalls sinister laughter. "You do not even know why you love him, are you that broken?" He asked in a childs voice. Tears escaped my eyes, why was I once again crying? Was it because the emptiness I felt when I thought of the boy and the reason I love him?

"You know what? Fuck you. Now I truly see that you are worth nothing." He spoke those words while getting up next to me. "You are fucking worthless." He mumbled before leaving me in the cold wind with the sun hiding behind the clouds.