chapter eighteen.

My face was numb. I could see blood dripping down on my school uniform. Tsk. This is going to be a bloody mess. While I tried to wash my hands, Tom's cold welcomed me, not so very comforting. "What were you thinking." He asked, well, it wasn't a question, it was more of a shout.

"She is one of my best friends, only friends, I needed to help her." I said, and Tom was just standing there with his arms crossed over his chest, he looked like he was disappointed at me. "None of your others friends came in, I told you Rowe, don't get noticed and you, in every aspect you can, stand out." He spoke while taking a med kit from one of the cupboards that were in here.

"Why did you stop Malfoy?" I asked him "he is after all one of your closest friends" I said and he was now in front of me. "I don't do friends remember? And I stopped him because I do not want two of my strongest people fighting eachother." He exclaimed.

While putting the med kit in the sink next to me. I shaked my head with a smile. "I punched him good." I was proud, but my fist was hurting, and that didn't amuse Tom. "It was pathetic, next time think before you do something Rowe, your fast thinking mind could get you killed one day." Then he turned around, walking out of the lavatory.

"B-but" I stuttered and he turned around with a cold glare. "What? Did you think I will take care of you?" He asked, with like venom in his voice, my head dropped, ashamed of thoughts I had. "Pathetic" He said before leaving the lavatory. This time he didn't stop. His polished shoes dragged him away from me.

As I think I'm closer to him he drops a bomb on me and I fly right at the start.

Once I was done with taking care of my cut, I went to dormitory were girls were already trying to comfort Drvella, who was still crying. I sat down and told them what happened with Tom in lavatory, skipping some stuff.

"And I thought he liked you." Druella puffed out some air. I shaked my head while rubbing my hand on Drvellas back, trying to comfort her. That night, I couldn't sleep. The cut was beating, like a heart, but each brought new longing pain. My eyes were painful, tears came down my face like a waterfall. They were burning. I was burning. My heart was burning from regret.

Next morning slapped me like a bitch. First, my cut was doing badly. Everybody's was in an awful mood and while stepping into the Great hall I found, none other than Minerva sitting next to Tom laughing. So this is what betrayal feels like.

My eyes quickly fell on the ground watching my feet walk to Druella, who was eating alone. Drvella didn't want to come out of the room. "Oh honey" Druella wrapped one of her arms around me, she is the only one that knew that I have a real likening towards the boy and that knew what I thinked about Minerva.

I tried to eat in peace, but their laughter just couldn't stop, and all the bad things started to form in my mind. is Minerva going to take Tom away from me? Is Tom going to like her better then me? I felt my eyes watering.

I was never a person to cry in front of people. I didn't want them to see me in that state. But I just couldn't take this no more. I got up, walking out of the Great hall as a tear slipped down my cheek.

The airs felt good on my skin. It was a chilly one that made my burning cheeks cool down. I was once again burning. The bridge was empty, nobody comes here, that's what I like about it. Silence. Oh how I wish to live in it forever.

The creak of the wood beneath me told me that somebody was walking close to me, and when I glance back I saw a boy and I quickly turned to look at him.

"Hey, sorry to um- frighten you." He said while looking away, I can see the Gryffindor logo on his robe, but I do not remember him. "Oh I forgot to introduce myself I'm Lyall Lupin." He smiled while putting his hand out of his robe for me to shake, last name Lupin range a bell. I knew his son, Remus, he was a professor but quickly got fired after one year. I smiled now not so afraid as I heard his son talk about him.

"Myra Rowe." I shaked his hand.

"I just wanted to cheek on you." He wanted to make sure that I was not about to jump of this bridge. I laughed a little. "I'm fine, I was not going to do anything stupid I just wanted a little peace." I said while turning back at my previous position.

"Si vis pacem, para bellum." He said while turning around and walking off, did he just qoute Vegetius? It's latin and it stands for "If you wish for peace, prepare for war."

I looked at the boy with somewhat ginger hair, him and Lupin looked so different, only their voices sounded somewhat similar. I shaked my head, trying to not think about it to much. As the sky started to grew darker I went back inside. Druella lied to professors that I catched a cold.

But today is a Slug club, something I'm not to happy about. I put a silk dress on, it was light blue with some black heels. I didn't do nothing to my hair, I put a necklace that my mother gave to me, and I was already walking to the room.

I was one of the last people to come in, but my spot was taken by no other then Minerva herself so I went to sit next to professor Slughorn who was really happy to have somebody to talk to as nobody never seats next to him.

The whole dinner I had to look at my plate to not see Tom and Minerva talking, it just made my blood boil, but everybody was silent once professor Slughorn started speaking, about giants. That made me think about Hagrid, I need to visit him, we can be friends.

"Professor?" One Ravencalw student raised their hand, waiting for professor Slughorn to see him, "yes Andrew?" we were now looking at the boy, who had a smug look on his face.

"Why is everybody so afraid of Grindelwald, he is just an old mand with no actual skill for dark magic." Andrew looked smug, and professor Slighorn was taken back by his words.

"Well, Andrew, Grindelwald is supposed to be know as the most powerful, being next to Dumbledore of course. He is insanely talented." Professor tried to explain, but Andrew just couldn't take a hint.

"Well is you aske me, Grindelwald is an outstandingly talented wizard, he has the skills, he is an intellectual genius, Grindelwald is highly talented in manipulating and inspiring others. When fighting off five European Aurors, Grindelwald unleashed a huge white fiery blast that incinerated them in an instant. And Mr. Andrew, I'm sure that if you were to stand in front of that man, he would not even break a sweat." I said with one of my brows up, and my head was tilted to the side. Andrew's face became red like I just caught him in a lie. He nodded and I just smiled at him while looking at the Professor Slughorns next to me which had a suprised face.

"Yes that is correct, thank you Miss. Rowe, who's ready for pudding?" He asked while standing up. I was just left sitting in my chair playing with my fingers. I just want this night to be over.

I felt eyes on me, but I didn't look up, somehow knowing that Tom is the one looking at me. After an hour or so we could leave and I was the first to leave the room, fast walking to the dormitory where I could take this dress off and go to sleep.

"That was brilliant!" A voice said behind me, it was infact Lyall, he was there? "Excuse me?" I asked while turning around to look at him, others were walking next to us. "You are excused. I was talking about how you fired back at Andrew." He said while standing next to me and we started walking again, from the corner of my eyes I could see Tom, walking alone, our eyes meet just as I turned.

"Hm, somebody needed to get him out of his own world." I exclaimed, and the boy next to me nodded furiously. "He thinks he is the best." Lyall commented and I shaked my head at the thought of the black haired boy fighting Grindelwald, he would die in a second. "Hmm" Lyall was talking but I was not listening, his rambling was getting me bored, and I stopped and went to go through a shortcut, he didn't follow me, I think that he didn't see me even leaving.

I came to the Slytherin dungeons entrance and it was opened, somebody was walking in. I wanted to say that they could hold the door but as I saw it was Tom I waited for them to close. I opened them again, going fast to my dormitory, I'm mad at Tom, I did nothing wrong and out of nowhere is he talking to Minerva and looking like I don't exist. I just want this day to be over and as soon as I get in bed, it will be.