chapter fifty five.

Tom was different, I could see it in his walk, in the way he presented himself in front of others. But he couldn't fool me. For I remembered his every flaw, every perfection. I knew him from inside out.

I went to rise from bed, being sick of the smell of sweat that lingered on my body. The lavatory was connected to the room, which I was thankful for. Tom was still in the room when I emerged with nothing on.

He walked towards me and I stood like a doll. Fire crackled next to me, warming me like a lovers embrace. "How are you feeling?" His words were light, there was concern. "Never felt more alive." I said while going to give him a kiss.

We were interrupted by a knock on the door. "What is it?" Tom asked loudly, the door never opened. "My Lord, it's time to discuss our plan." The womans voice broke through the silence. I went to pick up some clothing I found scattered around the room.

"I have to go." Tom said and walked away from me, I only gave him a nod before the door closed and I was left alone. The room was clean, too clean. There were no papers, nothing that could get me inside Toms mind.

Climbing the bed frustrated I went to sleep. Tomorrow, tomorrow I will undercover all the secrets this place holds and Tom.

Late in the night I felt the bed shift under a body. I was still drowning in sleep but I recognized his touch. It was light, hovering over my face, seeing if I'm real, breathing, alive.

The sun rised, so did I. The bed was empty when I woke up, but the rustled sheets told me that Tom did sleep with me. I brushed a hand over the covers, long time they were cold, telling me he got up even before the sun.

Scanning the room dresses filled once empty chair. I snickered at them, I would once love to wear them, but now...my taste changed. Going through Toms closet was fascinating, only because the only colour I found was black and sometimes white and bark blue or green.

Going with the smalles and tightest pair of pants he owns along with a dark blue blouse I looked, terrific. My eyes were not once the bright blue, now they were almost gray with the darkest shade of blue leaving strikes in the middle. Like waves.

Crouching down I found boots, mostly black. I couldn't find my size, which wasn't surprising. So going with the smalles he own I stuffed some socks in there, that would do for now. Swiftly talking a dragger from one of the draws I checked yesterday night I was out of the room.

Halls were mostly empty, exterior wasn't much better than the outside. Slender windows set high in the walls premitted little light, only the low laughter and mumble told me that people were actually alive in this manor. Going two steps at the time I was downstairs in no time, fleetly swimming from one room to another.

Until I stepped in the kitchen, where four figures spun the meet me or better to say, see me. Tom was sitting on a chair next to Abraxas and Dolohov, but there was a woman.

Olive Hornby.

"Myra?" Abraxas stood up, we didn't exchange hugs and sweet greetings, handshake was enough as we were not the closest. "Holding up good Abraxas." I commented, pacing towards Tom that went on with his conversation.

They were talking about a plan to get more giants on their side. I gripped the counter. The war. I still didn't know how little time is there, hell I thought there would be no war, but Alexander killing me made everything fall in water, literally.

"What about dementors My Lord? You said we had to bribe them to our side, either that or they will suck our souls on the battlefield." Dolohov pointed out and I had a bad feeling about the smile that was slowly creeping up on Toms face.

No I thought, but words were not coming out of me. I may love him, but he was planing a massacre, a purge. A WAR.

They spoke of some other matters that were not worrying as much so I left to get some food, water because dizziness started to take hold of me.
They left and only one person stayed.
"How are you not dead?" Olive asked.
"How is it that you haven't aged in all these years?" I didn't look at her, didn't want to.

"Answer me girl!" She shouted and I finally looked her in the eyes. Her wand was pointed at me. "Didn't you lear a lesson from Lidia?" I asked and she only shaked the wand, as in a warning.

"Tell me!"

She always went on my nerves, and her voice now gave me a headache.

Walking towards a dining room, long table was full of people and Tom was at the head of it. Warmth was coming from the heart, leaving the windows blurry from the cold outside meeting the warmth inside. I walked towards Tom, only stopping next to him.

Everybody was silent, only looks and glares were thrown over the table. My fingers went over the daggers blade while watching everybody carefully. "What is it?" Tom asked, which took everybodys attention.

"I want to go out." I said, making space so that I can stand in front of him which didn't last long as I sat on the table. The boots where shining in the candle light, in-between Toms legs. "You do not want to go out, you want to go to Blacks, why?" He could read her like a book.

"To say goodbye."