chapter ten.

Next morning, I woke up with what felt like a stone in my stomach. I was anxious. What if I can't stop Tom? That will be his first horcrux. In lunch. In every class. I was just thinking about what is going to happen today.

Girls and me left to go to the lunch, everybody was chating happily, not knowing what will happen later on that day. I looked over at our table, Tom was eating, reading his book, that remained me that he wanted to read mine again. I need to bring it to our training.

As we sat down, Drvella saw that my mood was low, and tried to make me laugh by trowing a piece of pie on the Hufflepuff boy. I gave her a closed mouthed smile, after that we went to our classes. I didn't pay that much attention to them. I was looking at Tom, he was so calm, like he was not going to murder somebody today.

After the classes we went to common room, we chatted in there for an hour or so.

I saw Tom going out, and I was ready to get up but Antonin came and didn't let me go out. "Can you pleas move I need to go." I said trying to get over him, but it didn't work. "What's the hurry? Riddles not back yet." He said winking at me while I glared at him and went to other side where a boy from seventh year was sitting eating something.

When I walked over him he spilled his water or whatever that was. I hurried to go find Tom as I knew were the 'incident' was going to happend.

I could see her, Myrtle, she was running towards me. "Hide girl! Run!" She screamed while tugging me along with her. I could hear the the snakes hissing, Basilisk is just behind us.

"Myrtle, whatever you do, do not look into the snakes eyes." I said while we hid behind the corner, we were just next to the girls lavatory. "What in the Merlin's name is that?" She huffed, she was alive. This is the first time I saw her alive, I can touch her. She is solid, but fear took over me as I saw a shadow move in the corner of my eye.

"Go in, quick!" I shouted while getting up from the floor, as I entered the lavatory behind her a hideous sight bestowed me. Myrtle was looking in the Basilisks eyes, already rock hard.

I closed my eyes. This can not be. This is not happening. When I open my eyes she will be alive and next to me, breathing, but I was meet with silence.

When I opened my eyes the Basilisks was gone, only the body of Myrtle remained. I went to touch her cheek. "I'm so sorry, I made a mistake. I'm so sorry I couldn't save you, I knew what was going to happend but I still failed. Please forgive me, please I never wanted this!" I screamed.

She died, and I didn't do nothing. It's like she died by my own hands, Merlin curse Tom for unleashing the beast, and curse me for telling her to go inside.

I heard footsteps and the only thing I could do was run. I can not be seen with her. With my tear stained face I hid in the hallway until everybody went away. I need to find Tom. Then I walked until I saw him. Looking up at Dumbledore, he had a rather angry expression. I never saw him like this.

As I was loudly walking, I got the attention of Tom and Albus. They looked at me, Tom with a smirk that he hid almost immediately and professor Dumbledore with a questionable look.

"Miss. Rowe, what are you doing here?" I walked up, so I was now standing next to Tom, he was looking down at me, but I didn't want to catch his eyes.

"I was looking for Tom sir." I told the truth actually, I was looking for him. "As you can see, we had an accident, and Mr. Riddle was here, so I had couple questions for him." I felt Tom grabbing my hand, I wanted to throw up, his touch no longer gave me any sort of tingles.

"Tom said that he is going to the lavatory because the ones in Slytherin dungeons were all occupied." I said that with a soft voice, trying to lie as good as I know. This is the moment Tom was waiting for. Now that I'm lying to Dumbledore will show him that I'm on his side.

"Miss. Rowe, come here." Professor Dumbledore called me to come closer to him. I felt Tom's hands leaving mine. "Yes professor?" I asked, while now standing couple centimeters away.

"Is there anything you wish to tell me?" Professor Dumbledore asked in a light tone, that Tom couldn't hear us. I want to professor, so many things, but I just can't. "No sir, nothing." We looked at each other, then professor broke the silence. I could feel Tom's gaze on me.

"Very well then, of you go." That I went I came back to stand next to Tom and we went to Slytherin dungeon again.

"You know." Tom said. His head was up, looking straight ahead of him with confidence, power, now that he can't be killed, he is more full of himself then before.

I grabbed his robe, and tugged him so hard that he almost fell. "I was there, with her. I was there hiding as you unleashed the monster. How could I not know! I saw her dying with my own two eyes, and do you know what I did? Do you have any clue what I just did for you?! I lied for you, and you treat me like a object. You know Tom, that this is not a small thing. Killing somebody. Be aware of that." .

Every word I spoke was thrown out with a poison in them. His eyes shined. He was looking sinister for the first time and now, I truly saw with what I need to deal with.

"Listen Rowe, you asked for this, I do not know what you are getting from this but it's all fun and games for me so I'm not planning on stopping anytime soon. So get used to it. Get used to blood. Because you belong to me. Me only. And if you speak, to anybody of this, I will show you just horrifying the crucio curse can be."