chapter fifty six.

The street was mostly empty by the time we appeard on it. Even if some soul were on it, they ran in fear, recognising the Dark Lord by my side. I laughed at them, at their fear.

Tom had his hands in pockets of his coat, he was walking like he owned the world. Up the steps we went, knocking two times, we waited. The old elf opened the door and once his eyes landed on Tom, he bowed.

"Kreacher, who was that?" Walburgas yelling was coming from the living room where we headed, as I was first to walk in I saw her and Orion and two little girls around them.

"Oh Myra!" Walburga went to greet me, but stopped in her steps as Tom came behind me. "My Lord." Orion and Walburga bowed, telling us to sit on the sofa, tea was already being prepared. I sat next to Andromede, she gave me a wide smile which showed teeth missing.

Tom was, comfortable. He spoke with Orion while Walburga and I spoke of other matters. Bellatrix came down running, just like the house elf she was in awe at the man sitting in front of her.

"What are we going to do about Dumbledore My Lord?" Orion asked while talking a sip of his whiskey. Tom only brushed him off with a show of hand, water in its grasp. "I don't see him as a threat."

In this new era, if we could call it that I still didn't see Dumbledore, didn't hear a word from the wizard. Is he truly afraid of Voldemort or is he plotting a plan against him? Only time will tell. I stood up to take a look at Narcissa, she was in her crib.

Picking her up she immediately pulled at my hair. I couldn't open her hand for the life of me. "Walburga, help." I whispered and Walburga came running to me. "She loves to do that." I tried to laugh it off, but she really got a good grip on it.

When her hand was finally out of my hair I stopped next to Tom again and I knew it was time to go back. Giving Walburga and Orion last hug, I told her to visit as I would do it too. Only I didn't know how comfortable they were with visiting Toms manor.

Once we were out of the house, we didn't have plans. Sun was still high up so without thinking I went to walk down the empty street, Toms footsteps told me he was following.

"What are your plans?" I asked out loud. "About what?" I snickered at his question. "About the war you are starting." Shops were empty, sales plastered on them, some even ripped. "My plans are that I'm going to win it." He was now walking next to me, his coat long gone. "And what is going to be the cost of it?" Giving me a side glanc I knew the answer.

"Everything."

That is how much he wanted to win, he would give anything for power, for fame.

He wants to conquer the world, and he will.

"You are risking a lot, but I'm sure you are informed about that." Now was his time to snicker a laugh. "Myra, I don't need you to tell me people are going to die. From the moment I was born people died for me and that is going to go till the day I die." So he is thinking about dying, only question is when.

"Then I don't need to go in war." I shrugged, but a hand took hold of my arm. "We made a unbreakable vow. You will fight at my side, for as long as I wish it to be." I tugged my arm out of his grasp.

Unbreakable vow.

I was so damn stupid, actually I was drunk for the first time I did it. It was the day I gave him the book, the day I told him I want to learn more. He effortlessly got me drunk, making me take the vow I forgot about. But he didn't. "You tricked me into it." I breathed out. He only gave me a grin before turning around.

"I did no such thing, YOU asked ME to teach you, not the other way around." Tom was looking at the through his brows, head tilted down, his eyes burning holes in me.

"You are insufferable." I commented and took a hold of his hand and in a second we were back. Taking a look around everything seemed fine, except it didn't. "What is that sme-" I didn't have time to finish as two males came out of the manor.

"Fucking hell." I whispered, my eyes falling on two werewolves standing few metres from me. Tom really got a mix of people to follow him. Everybody seemed fine by them, except me. It was no secret that Remus Lupin, my once dear professor was a werewolf.

It almost destroyed his life.

"Looks like we got ourselves a new follower." The older one commented, I just walked away from them. They were blood hounds, perfect people for Tom to have. Finally being alone in the house I found an empty lavatory.

Taking a small box from under my blouse I opened it. Walburga did good, she gave me what I asked foor. Hair dye.

My face, my hair, my body was the same and I couldn't do anything about it. I could get bulkier, but that was not in my interest so the only thing I could do was changed my hair.

The bleach burned my eyes, there was surely a spell for changing hair colour, but I liked this more. I liked the burn. The feeling of being punished helped me think, clear my mind. Pain was no longer my enemy, but a long lost friend.

Walking out of the bathroom with snow white hair I felt almost, fulfilled. Toms reaction only added to that. In his room he twirled his fingers around the strand of white hair. "Hm." He thinked and did not say a word.

"What is it." It was not a question.

"I'm not sure."

"I don't care if you don't like it." I said while taking a seat in the chair. "I figured as much." He said while too taking a seat in front of me. "I was just imagining blood in it, how it would turn red."

"You are a psychopath."

"Tell me something I don't already know."