chapter sixty six.

It was freezing in Hogsmeade by the time the night fell. I didn't stick around Hogwarts much after the running away, but Hogsmeade somehow called my name. Its sweet smell of pastries and butter bear held my heart in a tight clutch.

"What would a person do for a pint of butter bear?" Ron Weasley once asked me. I could still see his face the first time he tried it, saying how ridiculously delicious it was to Harry who was sitting next to him laughing his butt of at his best friend.

"I suspect everything." Was my answer after turning away from the golden trio that sat behind my friends and I who were so jealous of them. Of their adventures. Now I was the only one alive and the only one living the most dangerous adventure of all.

Everything was the right answer, why you ask? Because right this moment I'm breaking inside the shop to get myself some butter bear at 7 in the night.

Witches and wizards who own the shops never expected somebody to steal from them, that's why they didn't care about the ridiculous traps and alarms. Who is the stupid one now?
With a glass full of butter bear and pockets full of sweets I exited the small shop, leaving a note behind that said nothing, only a drawing of a cat.

I love cats.

Unlike the dog that still followed me around. "Dogs do not drink butter bear, but you surly must be thirsty." I gave it some, not much because I was far too selfish to share my beverage with a filthy old dog. But I did throw him a handful of small cookies.

"I probably shouldn't call you it, so let's give you a name. Alfred? No, sounds too political. Lady? Are you even a male dog?"

The dog gave me the look that warned me not to look at his privet parts or I would lose an arm and my butter bear.

"Male it is then buddy. That actually sounds quite alright. How do we like it Buddy?" No answer came, what did I except from the dog anyway.

"That's quite pleasant name, coming from a death eater." A womans voice spoke on the left of me. She was wearing a dark robe with a pointy hat, I could recognise that hat from a mile away. "Minerva McGonagall, you sure look old." I snickered a comment before taking my wand out.

"Not so slick Rowe." A spell flew out of her lips and my wand fell to the floor, alongside my butter bear. "I get the wand, but butter bear? Really?" She only shrugged before pointing the wooden stick right back at me. "It was a death wish to think you could stay here. Hogwarts really? Did the fight with your Dark Lord really end this badly?" She had a wicked smile dancing on her face.

It soon wore off, as she was in a second hanging from the tree. Tightly but not blood stopping tied to branch. "Some people never learn do they?" I asked while picking my wand up and tucking it were it belongs. "I knew you would end up like this, alone." She still had the nerve to talk back.

I quite like her unfortunately.

"Who said I'm alone?" Buddy came from behind me, which only got me Minervas saliva on my face from her hysterical laughing. "That you call companion? The famous Myra Rowe, powerful and wicked, now alone with only a dog by her side. How sad." Minerva said while trying to wiggle out of my work.

"You still not over it?" I asked and she only gave me a dumbfounded look.

"You are still angry that I got the man you wanted, the power? The only sad thing here is you." I said while giving her a mocking grin which she gave me at the start.

"You filthy little whore." She spat right at my feet.

"Sad, truly." My back was turned towards her, I didn't have time to hang out with her any longer.

"Walking away are we now, just so you wait Myra Rowe. Your downfall will come and there will be nobody to alive you again!" She was once again laughing, this time it was filled with fear as she saw the multiple eyes from the forbidden forest coming out of the shadows.

Unfortunately for her, I did see them.

From that day on, Minerva McGonagall never left her chambers without her fake eye, because hers could never grow back.

Using magical transportation I got Buddy and I away from Hogwarts. We were now in the muggle world in front of the house very familiar to me.

Mike and Elizabeth Rowe were a pair of magical upbringing, only they never wanted to do anything with it. With a small child named Julie they claimed to never cast a spell in their life from the day she was born.

"Meet me here in the morning." I said to Buddy before knocking on the dark wood door of the house number 12. A soft thundering of footsteps could be heard coming, they were light which told me a woman must be on the other side.

"Oh God." Elizabeth gasped as she saw my freezing form, how good it was to have a grandmother that helped anybody and everybody who she saw. "Sorry for disturbing you in these late hours, but I seek shelter from the storm that is coming." I mumbled, the sky rumbled just in time for me to act scared as a mouse.

"Yes, come in darling do not worry. My husband and I are always here to help, we even have a guest house in the backyard for people like you. Come in do not be scared." It would be stupid of a human to walk inside a strangers home, but they are no strangers and I'm no human.

"Elizabeth who is it?" Mike, who is my grandfather said from the other room. "A person seeking shelter from a bad weather." Hearing that he came to look at me and seeing a poor freezing girl, he has let his guard drop down. "We are always here to help." Were his only words to me, always secretive.

He must be, as he is hiding from his wife that he is actually working in the Ministry of magic, against the muggles they vowed to protect.

Little Julie, my mother ran down to welcome me as Elizabeth went up to grab me a blanket. "How old are you?" Was the first thing she asked me. "16." I smiled at her little form, "so you are older than me?" She never wanted to be looked down just because she was a child.

"Only a bit." As I went to crouch down my wand fell out.

"What's that?"

"A wand." With weary eyes she looked up at me.

"Are you a witch?" She whispered.

"I am."

"Are you a bad witch?"

"No, I'm the good one."

"That's something what a bad witch would say." I laughed under my breath, extending my hand and casting a spell I gave her a sweet little treat, "would a bad witch do that?" I asked which got me a shake of the head.

"Let's keep this a secret among us, alright?" With a giggle and a wink she disappeared beneath the stairs.