chapter seventy six.

The Gringotts was on fire.

A heist in which I couldn't participate went well, they broke inside the most secure building in the Wizarding World. How they did it?, only tales could tell because nobody spoke of the plan after it happened.

Tom was gladsome, I could see it in his eyes that gleam of happiness, true happiness.

My chest hurt, for what reason I couldn't tell. Only the burning in my heart existed with every breath I took and with every step I made. "In two days, Hogwarts is next." Abraxas said next to me, he had Lucius sleeping in his arm.

"If Hogwarts falls, what's next then?" I asked the most dreaded question to which I knew the answer, but hoped deeply down in the core of my being that it's not true. "The world I guess, he won't stop with Hogwarts." Abraxas was the only person next to Dumbledore and I to not fear Tom Riddle and his real name.

Abraxas Malfoy was the first person to ever befriend Tom Riddle, a true friends blossomed between the two which even now existed among the hate they give eachother.

"Will you take the world with him or will you stop?" Abraxas gave me a sorrowful look and as his eyes darted to his wife in the kitchen I could hear his heart breaking in two pieces that can't be brought together again.

He must choose between the love of being with his family or safety for the ones he loves.

"We both know the answer." I didn't in fact know the answer, but I didn't want to stick my nose where it didn't belong either I left the conversation at that. Everybody was busy practicing their magic, so I was left insulated in the manor, except Tom was there too.

He was staying in his study, going through books and plans. The door was wide open when I walked through the hallway, so I leaned against the doorframe watching him in silence.

Knowing I was there he didn't turn around.

Loud crashing outside made me breath out a loud sigh. "Don't fancy a training?" He questioned with a smile I couldn't see, but could hear. "I do not need one." With a sassy comment back I walked to the chair in the corner, still his face was out of my eyesight.

Finally he turned around, his face was freshly shaved and clothes were clean from any blood or violence. "I don't know what to think of you any more." My words were a soft whisper in the room, they almost didn't sound like my words at all.

"Why is that Myra?" He was a provocative monster that wanted only the best for himself in every outcome. "One day you hate me, despise me while the others you act like everything is fine, like you care. You are bipolar and I just can not do this any more." He understood that, he knew it himself he did it. Because he couldn't control it.

"I abhor you, truly. Hate is a small word for what I feel towards you. Since I started this," he showed around with his hands, at the window towards his followers, " I had a vision. My power and mind made me untouchable, I had no weaknesses that would bring me down." His eyes scanned my face and found nothing.

"The day you ran away from me I understood what was your purpose here with me. I didn't feel betrayed or angry at you because I lost my right hand. I was angry because the only reason I would stop this, was if you were taken by them."

The world went silent, the dust that was shinned with the sun from the outside seemed to stop in the air. The ants outside stopped their marching as Tom Riddle told the truth.

"So I tried to mask it, Bellatrix was here and I thought if I were to put my love if you will, towards her I would forget about you. She was everything you weren't so I became even more angry with you. I wanted to lock you inside a room you could never escaped because that was the only way I would know you were safe. That I would not need to look back and think if you were unharmed." He stood up, fixed his button down and pants that wrinkled from the long day of sitting in a chair.

"When I heard and saw you with Dolohov that day, I felt terrible for my actions, probably for the first time in my life." He walked towards me, slow steps made him look more powerful and lethal.

He heard only the part when Dolohov spoke of his feelings.

"In that moment I understood what you felt, the weight on my chest became so heavy it almost broke me down." His fingers went over the scar on my cheek, over my lips where they stayed.

"A heart's a heavy burden." I spoke.

"I never understood just how heavy it could get." He couldn't because he never felt anything in his heart before except the need of destruction.

His hand that cherished my face went down to my neck and shoulders. It lingered softly on my skin like it would break if he touched me wrongly.

And he did, he grabbed my throat in a tight clutch.

I smiled bitterly at him as the thundering in my head became louder and louder. The walls started to close in and his face only became even more enchanting.

"I lost my mind trying to understand yours, only now I see how desperately you begged me to not." My words came out separately, only because the pressure on my throat didn't go down.

"And you just couldn't stay away."

I laughed in my mind maybe even outloud, I do not remember. "Oh an honorable villain you are." He smiled to the side, his eyes sparkled at mine.

"Now I do desire we may be better strangers because meeting you was the worst thing that happened to me." His words no longer hurt me.

"You honor me too greatly Tom."

The hand on my throat slipped away only to bring my face closer to his. The breath of mint and coffee was a familiarity to me, the smell of his shampoo made me melt in to him.

"Your hands are scarred from murder, so why do I feel the safest in them?"

"Because for you they will kill." Our lips met in a kiss that was meant to
happen from the day I meet him, the longing got us both drunk in eachother and we couldn't think of anything other but eachother.