chapter twenty six.

Only one day until the ball. Everybody was stressing out, maybe more than for tests, it made me chuckle. Druella and I were comfortably sitting on the common rooms sofa, while Walburga and Drvella tried to make different hairstyles.

They just needed to find the perfect one.

"Not this one." Said Drvella as she ripped flowers out of her hair, she looked like a chicken. Walburga was not so much different, half of her hair was up and half down. "Are you excited Myra for the ball?" Asked Druella while pulling a blanket over her. "As much as I can be." It was truth, I want to go, and I have a good date and friends to go with, so why do I feel some kind of unhappiness.

Tom walked over, ah, that's it. He sat next to me, his hands were cold, the slithered under the blanket. They didn't touch me. I was disappointed. "What are your weird friends doing?" He whispered, but his wisper was more like a little lighter question, everybody heard him. "Getting ready for ball, obviously." I said and grinned, Druella gave me a little punch.

"Isn't the ball tomorrow?" He asked and I said yes. He was confused, but his eyes fell on flowers on the table quickly. "They look lovely." He commented, why was he talking in sarcastic tone? "Yes, they are." I said while taking one in my hand. "Too bad they were given to you by an idiot." He spoke lightly, now only I heard him.

We talked no more. His comment was not needed, and somehow, I didn't like to hear him calling Lyall an idiot.

Now, it's the day of the ball. We all got ready for the dancing. Girls looked beautiful, they truly were stunning. Lyall was waiting for me outside of the common room. He looked fancy, like somebody that owned old money, he probably did actually.

The ball's theme was snowing wonderland, everything was white, everything was cold, made of ice. But I was not freezing, magic. The dance floor was for ice skating, when you were to dance on it, it was like flying.

The night went away quickly, with a lot of laughed, a lot of Lyalls attempts of kissing me and a lot of ice cream. When I opened the door of the Slytherin common room, I was welcomed with pain in my legs I haven't felt beforehand.

It was cold, the fireplace didn't have lit up fire in it and the only light was coming from the water, in which moonlight shined. To be honest, it gave the whole room a different vibe as you would say in the future. It was, mysterious, dark, hopeless amd terrifying.

I jumped back once I saw that there was actually somebody sitting on the sofa. The face and body belonged to none other than Antonin Dolohov. "Had a good time?" He asked casually, and I just started at the dark haired boy, only half of his face was lit up.

I didn't speak. "I for a fact know that you are not mute Rowe." He fired quickly while standing up and walking towards me, I took a step back, not wanting to be close to the boy. Damn him and his whole being, I hate him, despise was a small unworthy world to describe what I felt.

"Don't be scared now that am one of Riddles companion we are friends right?" He asked tilting his head while putting out one of his hands for me to shake. "We will never be friends Dolohov." I spat out and his face scrunched up. "If you mess this up for me I will take care of you myself." He once again fired back while starting to go up the stairs.

"Again threatening me? Didn't go well last time did it?" I asked, now I was the one tilting my head, I would see Dolohov giving me a poisonous glare before leaving. I shaked my head and went to bed, such bother.

Next morning it looked like Tom and I were on good terms once again, I forgot what he said about Lyall. "Where are you going for holidays?" Tom asked me while we were walking down the hallway towards the Great hall, today is the last day before our Christmas holiday starts.

None of my parents are still alive, so I had to work something out. Using magic I built a small cottage far away from this place, it was up North, almost to the cliffs.

"In grand-grandfathers house." I said while tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear. "Alone?" Tom asked giving me a side look and I nodded, as we were closer to the Great hall Tom said "Maybe I will visit you." And then we separated, and the thought of Tom and me alone in that house made me anxious. What bothered me more was that he did not ask were my parents were. Does he already know?

Girls were crying again, the whole lunch and dinner. Until the very moment we had to separate. "I will miss you terribly." I said while hugging them, oh my sweet friends. They were ready the light of my day, the happiness of my life. I do not think I could go through this semester without them.

I cried but quickly whipped the tear away. Crying was always an unfamiliar action to me. Hogwarts is covered with a spell that does not let anybody teleport on the grounds of it. So I needed to fins the port key, and from there teleport to my destination.

I finally say it, a wooden cottage. Its roof covered witb white sheet, snow. It was showing and the cold felt good on my face, I felt refreshed. This is a time for me, to think and plan, and to enjoy the holidays. It has been an long time until I last rested well.

"Finally some peace." I said while walking into the heart of the cottage.