chapter eighty

It was a young mans face that first appeared in my vision. He was beneath me and covered in blood that was gushing out of his mouth. He was dead, I knew it by the look in his eyes that had terror and despair written over them.

As I stood up fully and came to my senses I looked around.

The army I predicted had came, it was grand of course, they looked powerful in their white robes, saints coming to exorcise demons.

Except their faith in God was not as grand, they came crumbling down quickly and easily. The man beneath me tried to Imperio me from the back, only his snickering was too loud and gave him away.

I could see Abraxas fighting couple of meters in front of me, he was not wounded. Bellatrix didn't need any help because she was a monster on the field, crazy and vicious.

Nobody on our side needed help, they we all fighting so greatly and heroic.

"Loving the view?" Arms wrapped around me and a solid chest collided with my back. The smell was disturbing, of iron and mud. Arms that so tightly were wrapped around me were soaked in blood, even of the rings he couldn't get the blood of.

"Am I loving the view of destroyed buildings, of blood soaked ground and people who are clinging to life?" I asked out loud. "I'm hopelessly trying to understand what you will do with this view after this." Had he thought of building a new school or a village for scholars that would learn the dark arts?

"I will rebuild the Wizarding World to my imaginings, through sheer will and power." He whispered to me, tightening the hold on my body, I became trapped.

He was bad, oh how terribly bad he was. But he was good and when he was good no one was better.

"Did you not think of the fact that your Wizarding world will consist of wounded wizards and witches? Because if you look around everybody is tired, they just don't want to show it. Call them back and we will come once again." It was true, I could see people limping and wincing at the smallest movement. Their hands were too heavy to hold the wand upright and they don't have the power to speak the spells.

We need to retreat for the time being.

My words were not heard by him, Tom only wanted to go forward and that mindset made him loose one of his closest friends. The one who was with him from the start, a steady and warm hand that never left his shoulder.

Abraxas Malfoy was killed by Sirius Black.

Silence fell upon the pavilion. Everybody stood in place as the time stopped and I could only stand as Malfoy fell down beneath the young Black. He went down in such elegant way, his eyes were wide open and blue like the sky that shined over him. Mouth wide open like he was going to sing the most heartfelt song known to mankind.

His arms were open wide waiting for somebody to hug him from the afterlife.

His mother perhaps or father who he never knew.

Tom Riddle watched in silence, but awe as his bestest of friends fell down. He knew what was coming, everbody know just what rage will pour out of the man clothed in all black. Even the Gods knew because the sky turned grey.

Bellatrix Black was the first to attack her nephew. She threw spell after spell trying to make the slightest cut on his skin, but he was a Black so he was good. Remus Lupin stood right by his side, defeating everybody that came for his friend or lover as the rumours say.

"Who will kill him first? I put my galleons on Bella." A death eater on my left side said. "Nobody, today he will not be killed." I spoke in a hushed tone, only the death eater didn't know that his prediction came true at the end.

Today I learned that evil takes a price.

You can see the guilt etched in our flank, in how they realise that they must mask to themselves and their family what they have done here this day. One way of another, evil takes a price and ours was Abraxas.

Tom lived is anger, almost as cartoon characters do, so lost in that moment and the torment his brain was in. I see it now in his eyes, then a tension of his muscles, an inability to think clearly soon followed. He was walking in slow motion and his wand seemed to not more only people in front of him fell down.

First one, then another one. That action went on and on and soon, there were none to fall.

Dumbledore stood couple of steps from him, they only exchanged glances before attaching eachother. I could not watch for long only because I was being hunted. Hunted by the person I least expected.

Walburga Black was dressed in white, her raven black hair tied back.

I was running and she was too, her expression told me that she came here with a mission, my death. At first I couldn't believe it, why her? She was my dearest friend, she held me when I was crumbled down, she made me laugh when the tears of pain coated my cheeks.

But I realised soon enough that she blamed me.For every loss, for every wrong thing I was to blame.

So when she finally came up to me because I slowed down and stabbed me with the knife I gifted her I could only stare at her tear soaked face.