chapter forty six.

"Myra." A voice called for me, it sounded like it was coming from the darkness itself, the voice was the darkness. "Wake up Myra." It sang to me like my mother used to do, it was a calming tone that made you want to slip into dreams and never wake up.

"We don't want you to drown." It was sinister, in a mere second it changed and showed me its true form. "Wake up Myra, wake up, wake up!"

That is when I gasped for air. I was in my bed, it was Saturday morning. I looked rapidly around me, the girls were still asleep. Who was that? It sounded so familiar but I just couldn't figure to who the voice belong. I could see a figure but the face---it was not there.

I tried to forget the voice, but it lingered in my mind making me not being able to sleep. I cursed under my breath praying that the girls are going to wake up any minute now. Even if I knew that was not going to be possible.

After what felt like hours they got up, they didn't comment on my appearances which I was grateful for. We walked towards the Great hall, well they walked while I ran. "Slow down Myra, you are going to eat!" Druella laughed at my behaviour, so I slowed down.

Glaring at the ceiling the whole morning got me hungry, so I can easily say that today is the day I have absorbed the most food I have ever in my life while my friends laughed at me, nicely.

"As the school ends in less then a month, what are we going to spend our time on?" Walburga asked while looking up at Druella and me, we were outside in the garden under the tree.

It was nice, only us three were outside, no boys allowed. After what felt like months we could talk about things we couldn't around them. Being scared of them flying embarrassing words our way as a joke we wouldn't get.

"There is the last Quidditch match and then there is party after it, it's tomorrow." Druella suggested. To be honest parties were starting to run me down. "One last party to top it off?" Walburga glanced at us from her position. I smiled at her not taking it seriously just how correct she was.

Druella quickly got up, making excuses that she needs to tell her lover she was attending, that we are attending. "That is the most time she spent with us in weeks." Walburga commented and I could only give her a small smile before saying "yes, but I'm grateful for even that small amount of time." She nodded before closing her eyes.

I was grateful for all of this actually, of this new friendships I came across in this era, for all the amazing professors that may not be alive in my future. It made me warm from the inside, knowing that I'm a part of their lives.

Soon came the time for us to have dinner, so we headed towards the Great hall where Druella and Cygnus greeted us. Well, they were so into eachother they didn't really see us coming or sitting down for the matter of fact. Out of nowhere four or more people sat next to us. I looked around with furrowed brows, what are Tom's friends doing here?

"Oi oi!" Said Malfoy his voice high. I could feel somebody sit next to me, it was Orion and on my other side now was Tom. "Did he trouble you after the club?" Orion asked, pointing at Lupin with his head, "I think he will never talk to me again," I said and Orion smiled wickedly, "am I that scary?" He felt proud and I smiled at the black haired boy.

"I think that he just doesn't like me anymore." Orion let out something that sounded like an annoyed puff, something strange and soft tickled my neck and when I went to see what it was I was welcomed with the head of curles.

Tom was trying to grab something over me so I moved a bit back, I could have fell was it not for Toms hand on the back of my body. I blushed, not being able to look at anybody for couple of short minutes.

We joked, we laughed getting everybodys attention but what mattered the most was, we didn't care. Somehow in that moment my life seemed fulfilled. I don't know how or way, but the light simmering in everyone's eyes told me that I was born to meet them. To speak to them.

To befriend them.

And I did, I was happy I did because storys only told bad things about the people I cared about. Even if they still haven't grown into adults and into their "bad" personalities. Sometimes people kill not because they want to, but because they have no other choice.

Humans are extraordinary creatures. Even with all the magic in the world, they are still the most unique beings in all dimensions. Good or bad. Innocent or a murderer. They choose the path of their life and people choose who to love, who to befriend and my choice is them.

A tear slipped down my cheek, nobody noticed and I'm glad. I will forever choose people that make my life count. I will always choose them. In that moment, while sun slipped behind the mountain for the last time sun shined on us and we were like newborn gods at dawn shining high above everyone else blinding them with our joy and greatness.