chapter thirteen.

"Grindelwald!"
"GRINDELWALD!
First came a shout, second was the scream. My body shot up, waking in a second. I didn't know what was happening but when I saw Tom already ready I stumbled out of the bed. "What?" is the only word I could mutter. "I have no idea." He spoke before storming outside where he was meet with the full hallway of students.

When I went down, there were people suranding this one girl who looked pail as snow. Professor Slughorn and Professor Kettleburn were the ones questioning her. "What happend?" I asked the Hufflepuff boy who was now standing next to me. "She's claiming that she saw Grindelwald outside" he whispered, and I looked at the girl.

I'm trying to remember if something like this happened in the future but I just can't. I know that Grindelwald is going to be defeated in 1945, Dumbledore is going to bring him down, but that he will appear here? That is new to me.

We were sent to your rooms, nobody is to set foot outside of this building. I was anxious. I do not know what is happening and I'm scared. Tom was calm but he played with his fingers, something he did quite often, they only thing I could pinpoint on him.

"She was lying" Tom said out of blue, I looked up at him, "but what if she was not?" I said, what if Grindelwald was really here somewhere, is he going to attack now that he knows there is not even Professor Dumbledore with us. "She saw me, not him." He finally spoke. "What do you mean by that Tom?" I asked but he gave me a glare. "Riddle, tell me." I begged.

"I killed somebody, I didn't know she was hiding behind a statue, she saw me murder a witch." He explained and my face went pale. This is the worst case scenario. The future is changing. He was not suppose to kill anybody.

"You did what?"

"I don't even know why you are suprised at this point." He said casually, as he said before, killing people like bugs is nothing to him.

"But why did you kill her?" I lightly questioned, the adrenaline I had at the start of this mission is already slowly fall down, and I'm falling apart. "Because, I wanted to have fun." He shrugged, why can't I look at him.

"Are you afraid of me?" Tom asked, and I couldn't respond. Silence gnawed at mine insides. Silence hung in the air like the suspended moment before a falling glass shatters on the ground.

The silence was like a gaping void, needing to be filled with sounds, words, anything. The silence was poisonous in it's nothingness, cruelly underscoring how vapid our conversation had become.

The silence was eerily unnatural, like a dawn devoid of birdsong. Silence clung to us like a poisonous cloud that at any moment could choke the life from us.

Silence seeped into mine every pore, like a poison slowly paralyzing me from either speech or movement. "I do not know what to think anymore." I finally looked up at him, he was watching me under his eyelids. Why must such a pretty face hold such grim soul. Before he could respond, he got interrupted.

In that moment Professor Slughorn came in, saying that we are going back to Hogwarts, it was all foggy to me, at one moment we were in Diagon Alley and now we are back standing infront of the big castle, lights coming out of its windows.

I will be left alone in the dormitory for two weeks. Girls will still not be coming back and for me, it's better that way, I need to get some things sorted out. When I walked inaide of my room, I was meet with darkness.

The dark room was like a place out of time, a place to rest without consequence. The darkness in that way was a sanctuary, a place to recharge and forget the things the world said had to be done.

It wasn't that I couldn't or wouldn't, but rather that I needed that sense of stepping out of the craziness for a while. So, in the darkness that stole even mine own form, I was content to let the night pass and awake when daylight streamed in with its bold confidence.

This whole mission made me dream of home. For the first time I begged to be back in the future but next morning I opened my eyes and was found with green colour scattered in the room. The bed was comforting but I need to get up. My heavy feet walked me to the Great hall. It was like once again time stopped.

There was a small amount of people, they were still as figures. Only now you could see just how big the hall is. There was Tom, but he will not go near me nor I want him to, so I went to sit next to the hufflepuff boy. We talked about everything that happened.

"They say she went mad. They don't believe her, can you think what is it like, to know something, but nobody believes you? I would go mad myself." He said while taking a big sip out of his glass. I could only nodd, poor girl. My heart was aching, I could not pinpoint on what specifically, maybe it was because of Tom, because of Myrtle, or the girl. Or the witch that I could not save, once again I failed.

I didn't even notice but I started crying. "Myra, it's going to be fine, we are safe here, Dumbledore is here to protect us." Said the boy, and I wished that I was worrying about that. But what made me cry in the first place was the boy looking at me, with cold expression and arms crossed across the hall.