chapter fifty seven.

The sun was up in the sky by the time I opened the front door. It was warm, but a chilly wind that passed made me hum in delight. Naked trees were plastered around the manor, bringing hollowness to the place. Strolling down the path I found that the manor itself had a shield just like Hogwarts.

Only this one was far more advanced.

With the shield there was not only protection, but the life outside it seemed more alive. Flowers came in circle around it while on the other side, dead grass, dead trees. It almost looked like dementors came and sucked the life force out of every living being or thing.

I shaked the feeling of somebody watching me and started to walk outside of the shield. Still not having a wand, but only a dagger over which my hand hovered above. A small walk never killed anyone.

Trees in their full bloom were following me in every path. Alongside with animals. Rabbits, birds of every kind and colour, rats and bugs. I wasn't so happy about the last two following me.

"Why so scared." A voice said behind me and I jumped in my spot, a scream escaping my lips. "You." I said, trying to find the words to define the man now in front of me. Tom was only smiling while I tried not to wet my pants. "You are not scared of most things, but bugs?" He questioned and I only rolled my eyes before walking again.

"Everybody is scared of something and for me, it's bugs now can we talk about something other?" He only showed my question aside before taking a lead in front of me. I followed him without any words said around us.

Tom was leading me towards a lake, I could hear it from a mile away. "Are you trying to tell me something?" I asked out loud with a grin plastered on my face. "Yes, you smell terribly." He said and I hit him in the back. "I haven't brought anything other to wear." The only thing on me were his pants, his shirt and his boots.

"You aren't going to swim in them Myra." He said it like it was the most obvious thing to know. My cheeks became hot, but I blamed the sun for my blushing. "Why are we even going there? Where were you in the morning anyway?" I asked, but he only shrugged.

"I had something to do." He was not lying, but he wasn't telling the full truth either. "You know, as I'm your right hand you should tell me stuff." It only seemed fair. "Why should I when you tell me nothing." He was playing a dangerous game. "What do you want to know?" Crossing my arms I was waiting for his question.

It was a challenge from me to him, somehow.

"Tell me about your childhood." Was his only response.

I wanted to stop in my track, but that would only bring his wanting to know even higher. "There is not much, lived with both parents, with a brother and after some time our family fell apart." I acted like it didn't matter, even when the memory left a hole in my chest.

"Why did it fall apart?"

From where we were now we could see the lake and for the first time I wanted to make our conservations shorter and faster.

"My brother died."

Tom only looked at me, trying to read the words out of my eyes. But there were none.

"How?"

Such a small, innocent question.

"He killed himself." I said and there our conversation ended on that matter, but I wanted him to know why snd maybe someday I will tell him, but not today.

Somehow our melancholy conversation didn't bring us down, didn't bring the shock on my face as I glimpsed at the lake down. It was beautiful turquoise colour, clearas the sky, the sun was reflecting of it and when it shined on us it made Toms eyes look alive.

The lake and his eyes were the same colour.

"It's beautiful." I breathed out, wanting to feel the water against me. "It truly is." Tom said, but only did I know that he wasn't looking at the lake, but at me.

"What now?" I asked.

"We get in of course." He said it so casualty, perhaps I was the one being overly dramatic. He has seen me nude before so have I him. "Fine." Muttering I started to unbutton my shirt. Taking time to look everywhere else except the man behind me.

As I was almost done I heard a splash of water and Tom diving under it. That left me some time to take the remaining clothing of me and go inside.

The water was not pleasant, but it felt nice. I sat at the shore, not wanting to go too deep. "What is troubling you." Tom asked while coming near me, my cheeks flushed. "Nothing, just don't want to go too far." I said and he gave me a look. "You don't have to be afraid, I'm here." He extended his arm, an invitation.

I gladly took it.

Once we reached a point where I could not feel ground beneath me I took a hold of him, wrapping him with my legs and arms. The sun started to hide while we floated around, in silence we watched the stars make an appearance.

"You are cold." Toms first words after what felt like hours. "Not in the slightest." I tried to play it of, hide the shivering and ghostbumps appearing on my skin. Then I felt his lips, they were light like water and hot like fire. I hummed and his only response was a low grunt.

"Tom."

"Myra."

Everything stopped around us and nothing mattered as we kissed under the starlight.

"I'm tired Tom." I whispered over his lips, gazing them with each word. He opened his eyes and there they were, eyes full of glory. "I know you are, but only little longer." Trying to comfort me his words only stabbed me in the chest.

This was my last hope trying to convince him not to go to war.

"I despise you." I started, silver was starting to coat my eyes. "I hate you, loathe you, but can't seem to unlove you."

"I know, I hate myself because I can't give you what you want. There is no end to this, it has started so it must go on." He spoke and his words were true, true as they can be.

"Help me unlove you before I die because of it." I said as he entered me.

"I will try my special little Starfire. I will try." Then he was deep inside me and nothing felt as good or real as that moment under the night sky of moonlight and star fire.

Starfire.