chapter forty two.

I was alone. Walburga and Druella were in detention while I freely strode the castle halls. There was not much to do when you have no friends.
I let out a breath and went to put on my jacket. Damn it all I'm going to Hagrids, maybe the half giant will have some time for me and my loneliness.

"Hello Hagrid." I was welcomed by Hagrid with a smile, he showed me a pup in his hands. It was a big beast. "What's his name?" I asked.
"I still don't have the name for her." He told me and I looked up at him confused. "Her?" I asked and he nodded. I thought this was Fangs, it resembles him a lot, but if it is a female dog then it must be his mother.

"How about, Boney?" I proposed and he smiled looking at the dog, "I like it!" He exclaimed and let the dog back on the ground where it ran to his pumpkin garden. "No, Boney! Not the pumpkins!" He said while putting his hands on his head while running towards the bandit who was now ripping apart his beloved garden of pumpkins.

It took Hagrid good ten minutes to get Boney out of the garden. "She is something else." He said out of breath and I nodded happily looking at the now, orange dog, she was covered in pumpkin juice. "How about I clean her up and you can rest?" At first he didn't want to give me the pup, but after seeing the mess of his pumpkin garden he quickly handed her to me.

I took a giant bucket behind his hut and filled it with water, ready to give a dog a good bath.

Then I started to clean the dog, she was splashing now pumpkin water everywhere, even over me. And after long twenty minutes of cleaning her she was spot clean. I left her at Hagrids fast after that, he thanked me and I said that it was nothing, the girls will be back soon.

I went to wander around the castle. Even if it looked similar, identical to the one in the future it was not. It held more secrets, you could see that just from the walls in the dungeons. They had marks, writings and drawings. Some looked deeper while some were shallow. They were done by human nails.

"They are unbelievable aren't they?" A voice said behind me, I didn't need to turn around to know to who it belongs. "They are indeed Professor." Albus Dumbledore went to stand next to me, his eyes glowed under the light.
"I remember them." He whispered and I gave him a quick glanc.

"You knew people who did them?" It would be lying to say I wasn't intrigued, just thinking about the pain a person must have felt to do them, Crucio curse seemed like nothing compared to it. "Oh no Miss. Rowe. I remember doing them." With that he turned around. His voice was covered with something I could not distinguish.

Was is guilty? Regret? Or pain?

Albus Dumbledore held more secrets to himself than the whole magic world combined, maybe except me. I turned around not before giving the bloodly marks on the wall one final look. When I entered the dormitory the girls were on their beds talking about something and once I got in they were suprised.

"Oh you are here, we already thought you were kidnapped." Druella joked and I smiled at her. "For the matter of fact nobody would take me, leaving that to the side. How did detention go?" I asked jumping on the spot next to Walburga while looking at the two girls, they signed.

"Absolutely terrible, never want to go there again." Druella said while covering her forehead with her hand, I looked over at Walburga and she just shrugged and I laughed. "Too bad you have it for five more days" I joked and Druella glared at me.

"How did you not get it?" She changed the question. I looked down at my fingers taking a pause and before I could answer Walburga did for me, "she and Riddle dipped before they could get caught." She said with a grin on her face and I just wanted her to stop looking at me like that.

"Of course, the perfect boy wouldn't want to be in trouble would he?" Druella joked. I don't know why but it bothered me, maybe this is the way Drvella felt when Tom's friends made fun of Alexander. "I said to him that we should go." I mumbled and we didn't talk about that topic anymore.

Next day came and I got out of the bed only to find the dormitory empty, where are those two? I always wake up first and when I looked over at the old clock it said that it's seven in the morning. I'm on time so where are those two?

I got ready putting my uniform on and getting out of the dormitory and when I went down to the common room I could see people gathered around a panel with news. As I punched my way through the crowd I could see a new paper on the panel with Alexander's name in big letters across it.

Alexander Jugson went missing couple of days ago, if you have seen him go to your house professor or the headmaster, the search will begin today after classes so if you want to participate come to the Great hall at five in the afternoon,

Headmaster Dippet.

Everybody gasped after Hornby read what was said and I went panicky looking around the room to find Tom, as I found him he was already looking at me. Eveybody started to whisper, thinking what happened to the boy, only me and Riddle went out to lunch.

"Tom." I said in panic, but he looked like he didn't care. When I once more called his name out, he pushed me in one of the lavatorys. "Can't you shut up!" He hissed and I closed my mouth immediately. "Look natural or they will found out, look like you don't know anything." He now backed of and I could finally breath out.

"What if they find him?" I asked in a small voice, but he just shaked his head. "We already had this conversation, they won't." He added calmly, how can he be so calm right now, how? "Even if they do," he said while running a hand through his hair, "they wouldn't put the blame on us, he could of drowned himself."

I closed my eyes. He was Tom Riddle. I shouldn't be scared, he was on my side and if he says everything will be fine I will believe him. "Fine, everythings going to be just fine." I said while opening my eyes just to find him giving me a small smile.