chapter seventy two.

I was walking up the old creaking stairs when I saw him. There he is, unchanged in the ways she is unchanged, the same brown curls, the same emerald eyes, the same coy twist to his cupid's bow mouth. The sleeves of his shirt were rolled to the elbows, a coat flung over one shoulder, his other hand hooked loosely in the pocket of his slacks.

The picture of ease.

"Myra Rowe."

He spoke my name, it was so peculiar to hear it coming from his lips.

"Tom Riddle."

A smirk broke on my face, he hasn't heard that name in what must felt like a lifetime.

"Walk with me." He said while sliding right past me, he seemed to be moving in the air, floating. We walked outside, the sun was just starting to set down and the whole world was pink and orange.

"Will you kill me for what I have done?" I asked first, needing to play my cards right. "Why would I kill you? If I were to be in your place I would have done the same thing." He said while taking in a deep breath, his hair was flowing in the wind and it had me mesmerized.

"But you are angry." I exclaimed, he was, of course he was. I stopped him in what was to be the most important time in his plan to conquer the world. He was angry to no means, but he would forgive me, he already has and always will.

"My anger can not replace you, so it can't take control over the decision whether I will kill you or not." Tom said in a husky tone, his hand picked a flower of the ground. It was a white daisy. He soon crumbled it in his hands, showing me what he would do to me if he only could.

He hates me.

Tom Riddle for the first time hates me with his whole being.

Oh, what a marvelous sight it was, seeing him so angry but he can't move an inch. He can not kill the person that would bring him so much relief and happiness.

He can not kill me, but he can hurt me.

He didn't use the Cruciatus Curse or any curse to inflict pain on me. He used his hands and words.

First came the punch in the stomach, it was soo out of blue that I didn't have time to acknowledge it at all. It made me fall down on my knees. "I once thought we would be together for ever." His words felt more sad than angry.

Second came the slap on my right cheek, his rings cut right though my skin. The pain was a relief I haven't felt a long time.

"I have never seen anyone lay a finger on her." Orions words rang like a bell in my head.

"But now I see that you are like everybody else. Weak, miserable, low-grade witch with nothing to give except the power to control dementros."

He was lying.

He was a lying son of a bastard.

"And you Tom Riddle, what about you?" I spit out the blood that left a metallic taste in my mouth. "You who are a son of Gaunt family, a bastard who's ashamed of your own father, a bastard who killed his own father and every family you ever had. You want power only because you are so forgettable."

His hands struck my left cheek, this one hurt more.

"You are so pathetic, you love me! You love me and you hate it. You are a pathetic bastard that can not say one silly little word. How will you rule over them if you are scared of a word? You will not."

I smiled and he put his face so close to mine I could hear his thundering heart. He grasped my face in his right hand looking in to my eyes so intensely I needed to close mine.

"I have never seen this side of you, my Myra." Soft spoken words cut my heart like a knife that was bathed in lava. "Now for the first time I see who you truly are." His hand left my face, actually he started to walk away from he entirely. "You are no longer my right hand, that place now holds Bellatrix. If you want it back, prove wrong every thing I have said here this night."

My eyes sting from the tears that want to leave them, but I will give him no satisfaction to see me cry. Only when he was out of sight I sobbed so heard I thought my chest would rip open and make my heart fall on the soil of the ground.

This must be what a heartbreak feels like.

"This must be what a heart break feels like." Tom thought as he was clutching his chest hardly, his other hand was on the table for support. As he entered his room, his whole body started to shake violently, what has he done? He is losing his mind over a matter that was ridiculous.

He was ridiculous right now, feeling pain even without being hurt.

Somehow he could hear her sobbing, whaling over the lost love of him.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!

His mind yelled as his already divided into parts heart hurt more than he ever experienced. Bellatrix was asleep in his bed, their bed. It made him sick knowing what he has done with her in a bed they shared so loving. Her black hair was the contrast of her white, her eyes of raven black can not compare to her silver ones.

Bellatrix Balck was a strong witch, determent.

But,

Myra Rowe was a witch that is only  born once.

He was lyingof course when he spoke those things, there was no flaw within the girl he cared for. That he loved for Merlins sake. Tom Riddle knew he felt love for the first time when he saw her being drowned in the lake at Hogwarts. His heart stopped beating in that moment, Albus Dumbledore had to drag him away only because he would go in after her.

And now, it seemed that he drowned her himself. So he will pray that her love for him is as strong as the hate, that she will prove him wrong and show him just why he fell in love with her.