chapter forty

"Girls! Cygnus is throwing a birthday party and you are all invited!" Druella came rushing into the dormitory, me and Walburga were sitting on her bed, me paiting her nails.

"That is great!" I comment while Walburga mumbled something and Druella was out in a second, rushing to tell other people. "You don't like Cygnus?" I asked Walburga, while I tried not to get any nail polish on her skin around her nail, she laughed and I scoffed her for doing so because she messed up her nail.

"He is my brother, not many people know that." She said and I looked up at her. Of course she's a Black. "You still didn't answer my question." I said and she signed. I took her other hand in mine and started the same procedure I did on the other.

"It's just weird that my brother and my bestfriend are together." She mumbled under her breath and I hummed, getting the answer I wanted. "If they are happy, doesn't that make you too?" I asked her and her head turned aside and I got my answer just from that.

I didn't say anything until I finished her nails and then I sat up. "Why are you not happy about them being together Walburga?" I asked the girl, but she just shrugged and I knew better not to ask her any more questions. Then we started to get ready for the birthday party. I put on a light colorful summer dress, as the days got warmer I can wear more clothes from my suitcase. I don't need to wear sweaters anymore.

Walburga had a skirt and a blouse on. We started to walk to room of requirement, where every party is held. Once we said why we are there a door opened and we could see a lot of people in there, mostly from the house of Slytherin.

As we entered in, Walburga immediately went to Orion who was around Tom and his other friends. I smiled at Tom even when if he was not looking at me. I'm going to go to him, but first I need to congratulate a birthday to Cygnus. I found him in the middle of the room with his hand over Druellas shoulder.

"Happy birthday!" I exclaimed, putting out my hand for him to shake, but I got suprised when he hugged me tightly. "Thank you Myra." He whispered in my ear and the hug started to feel uncomfortable after a minute so I wiggled out of it. "The party is going good." I said while scratching the back of mine neck. I didn't know what to do, that hug got me off guard.

"Ah yes, Druellas idea." He looked down at the girl next to him and interviewed their hands. I could predict that this was all her idea. After that I backed off and started to walk towards Tom and Walburga and other students I remember as Avery, Mulciber, Abraxas and Orion. I just kind of appeared there, they saw me but they didn't say anything about it because they knew I am close to Tom who was standing next to me and with Walburga too.

They talked about girls, their grades and at the end they talked about Grindelwald. As it's 1943, only two more years and he will fall, but now he is out there, strong, ready to fight but at the end he is getting older day by day and his magic is becoming weaker and weaker.

As the party went on, more students got drunk and everything started to become one huge mess, I was bored, ready to leave and the boys rambling next to me didn't help.

Druellas voice got our attention. "The cake is on it's way!" She announced and people started to talk even louder now and I knew this is my time to sneak out.

But one person caught me while trying to leave himself.

"Already going?" I asked Tom, while we walked out of the door on the cold hallway. It was already midnight. "I think we feel the same way about that party." He said and I smiled up at him, his figure towering over me. We didn't go to Slytherin dungeon, we just walked, something two of us do a lot and I haven't even noticed that before.

"If you think it was more boring then the History of Magic lessons then we do." My bad joke got a chuckle from him.

We stopped at the balcony, we went to the second floor and when the chilling breeze fanned my face goosebumps formed on my exposed skin. The moon was out tonight, its light shining over mine and Tom's figure and as I looked down I could only make silhouettes of the trees.

There was light coming from the Hagrids hut, why is he up so late? Owls and crickets could be heard too, the night was alive. As I went to look at Tom I found his leaning on the railing of the balcony, his front facing the glass door, he was already looking at me from the side.

We started at eachother other, but I needed to let go of his gaze just from the thought that it might hunt me in my dreams once again. It always finds its way back to me even in dreams that are not part of this reality.

"You get shy easily," he commented and I breathed out a laugh, "well, when people look at you like they want to know every single thing, I think you would become shy too." My breaths were coming out in clouds, he was still looking at me and I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of locking our eyes once more.

"If you don't want me to read you out," he was beautiful, I looked at him and he was a beautiful deadly creature that will one day be a downfall of me, "why don't you tell me everything then." I let out a sob.

I wanted to tell him just what his gaze does to me. That his voice makes me shiver from the inside.

I wanted to tell him just how bad I want him.

"Some things are better to be kept unsaid." I whispered while getting closer to him. "And I would like to keep it that way." His breath fanned my forehead and then I slipped through the glass door leaving him alone in the cold with an alive night.