chapter thirty eight.

Alexanderes dead body helplessly laid in front of me. He was dead and I couldn't wrap my mind around it. "What have we done." I whispered while Tom stepped back from me, taking his hand of the wand that fell out of my hand.

"I killed him, so don't bother yourself with it." It was simple for him, but this is the first time I found myself in this kind of situation. Merlin help me if I come out of this alive, because all the wrath of this world is going to be bestowed upon me. I went to drag the body towards a huge pond, filling the pockets with rocks while glowing eyes from afar watched my every move.

In that moment I didn't care about the creatures of evil that lurked around me, eyeing me with hunger.

"Come on." I mumbled under my breath wanting to be done with this as quickly as possible. Once Alexander started to go down deeper and deeper I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

On my way out of the forest I questioned myself. Did I really wanted to have him dead? The answer was pellucid, a simple word, understandable. No. And Tom knew that, that's why he came with me to do my bloody work done because he knew I do not have that killing spirit in me. Damn him.

Once I stepped out of thee Forbidden forest piercing night air hit me, but what made me fleetly hide were two statuesque figures coming towards me. Hopefully they didn't see me, hopefully.

"Yes professor I first noticed one going in and then two more later. One was floating next to another." Hagrid told who must be Dumbldore. Oh no, why must Hagrid stick his nose where it doesn't belong. I wanted to curse him voicferously.

"We will go investigate in the morning. Yes I know Hagrid, but let's not be disrespectful towards the creatures dwelling inside the forest." Dumbledore spoke in mellow voice like he might hurt the wind if he spoke any louder. Hagrid wanted to protest once more, but when Albus raised his hand their conversation stopped.

As they moved away from me I started to run. My lungs were burning savagely by the time I entered Slytherin common room. Inside I found no one and when I glimpsed at the minuscle clock on the wall it said that it's in fact four in the morning. That night I went to sleep sluggishly and alertly not wanting to wake them up.

I went to sleep only to be woken up by the girls couple hours later. My eyes tingled due to the fact that I didn't even get five hours of sleep last night. "Didn't sleep well?" Druella enquired while showing eggs in her mouth and I nodded slowly. My head falling on Walburgas should as she was sitting next to me.

"You need to go to sleep early." Druella  noted while I just wanted to sleep and her rambling about how I need to change my sleeping schedule didn't help. In first couple of classes, I can't remember how much I fell asleep and now I'm perfectly fine while my friends beg for a bed and a pillow.

I didn't follow my friends, I went to locate Tom and tell him about the conversation I overheard yesterday or today actually. "Do you think they will find it?" I inquisitioned Tom as we both looked to be antsy by the thought of them finding the dead body.

"You dragged him in a pond so they will probably not find him." He said slowly. "But this is Dumbledore, not some stupid student!" I said little louder and I looked around, nobody was paying us any attention. "You can even outsmart Dumbledore Myra." Tom said while closing the book. I still didn't get used to him calling me by my name, it sounded nice coming from him.

We walked outside towards the bridge. Memories came back to me from the day I got to know Lupin. He is long gone from my life by now. We looked towards Hagrids hut and there he was, in his famous pumpkin garden. A figure was walking towards him in a dark green robe with silver beard that shined in the sun.

I put my hand on the railing of the bridge, what if they find the body.

My hands started to go white, I think I was shaking. I was shaking and Tom noticed that, but didn't nothing about it. Only putting his hands behind his back, everybody called it Toms move by now. This meant nothing to him, he got away with so many murders it's driving me crazy.

In that very moment I started to blame myself. I'm here to help him become better person and here I am, asking him to help me kill somebody. In that very moment the urge to cry was never as strong.

My plan is falling in water, it's starting to fall in pieces and I'm the one ripping it apart.

I looked over at Tom. He was looking at the place where Hagrid and Dumbledore went in the Forbidden forest, not leaving his eyes of that spot."What are you looking at?" He asked, his eyes never leaving the forest. "I made you kill him." I whispered, my hands now leaving the railing only to shake harder by my side. "No, I did it on my own. You had nothing to do with it." He said slowly, his eyebrows knitting together. Did he see something?

"But if I didn't go up to you to ask for your help he would still be al-" I was interrupted with Tom's fast movement. His face was now only inches away from mine. "I killed him. I told you what to do. If I would have know you would regret everything I would have never teached you thoes spells in the first place," He needed to take a big breath in.

"I would never consider your offer." In that moment I started to tremble,

"I'm not regretting anything." I said swiftly, but he stopped me once again.
"Then don't whine about it to me." He spat fast and I glurped back. "I just never did this before. I never killed any-." "For Merlins sake, you didn't kill him I did! And do you see me rambling about it like a child!" He yelled and I flinched back. Tom Riddle for the first time shouted at me, he was furious with me.

I wanted to speak, wanted to yell back at him for yelling at me in the first place, but the words got lost in my throat. "I'm sorry." The only thing I could do was apologize so that is what I did. "You are scared of me." Tom spoke now in a more of a soft voice. The anger that was once bubbling inside of him gone. Death will not walk the earth today once again.

"You are scared of me."

He repeated. Was I? Was I scared of the boy with green eyes that held for the first time a some sort of a sad look? Was it melancholy that resided behind them or something absolutely different? I didn't answer him, I couldn't. Because I myself didn't know the answer.

"Good." With that he left me helplessly shaking in the middle of the ancient, worn out bridge.