The Girl I Know Too Well (Part 2)

It was silent for a minute...

You and L, staring down at the business card Sharon had left on the table.

Your eyes glanced at L, meeting his. Both of you, unsure of what to say at this moment.

After a moment, you picked it up and inspected it. L watched closely.

And after some time of inspecting, you finally kill the tension in the air by speaking.

"I don't think it'd be bad to visit her store."

L gave you a serious, cold look that sent a shiver down your spine.

"No."

"What? Why not?"

"You know exactly why not."

"Come on, Ryuzaki" you say to him. "How bad can it be?"

"You can fall right into her hands..." L folded his arms.

"Or, she could actually be a decent human being and nothing bad could happen?"

"I don't trust her, (Y/N)."

You sigh. It was clear that once L had made a point, there was no going back.

"Fine. Then how about I go and you can stay at taskforce?"

"You can't be serious."

"Ryuzaki, sometimes people do change for the better" You state.
"They realise their mistakes and want to become a better, stronger person. Perhaps Sharon has become that person. We should have more faith in humanity."

L's eye twitched slightly.

"Don't panic too much" you say, reaching for his hand to be reassuring to him.
"I'm a trained taskforce member so if anything were to go wrong, I can take care of it. Trust me. You do trust me right?"

You and L looked each other in the eyes.
It was silent for a second before L took a breath.

"Of course I trust you..."

"Good. I'll be sure to alert back to taskforce if I need any assistance-"

"I'll attach a wiretap to you, (Y/N)."

You froze for a second.

"I'm sorry? I don't think that's necessary-"

"I'll attach a wiretap to you so us back at taskforce can know and be alerted if you are in any danger. Then we can get a taskforce member to help you out of the situation if necessary. Is that understood, (Y/N)?"

You paused. This should've been obvious from the start. L dating you meant that he was even more wary of the world around him and the situations you could be thrown into. And he was going to much greater lengths to insure your safety as well as his own.
He was serious about all of this. He really wanted you to be safe.

"...Okay" You speak up.
"I understand why you want to do that. And that's fine with me."

"Thank you for understanding (Y/N)" L said with a small smile.

"How bad can it be?"

-Later-

'Is he serious right now?!'

L said that he'd only attach a wiretap to you, but you ended up leaving the taskforce with not one, but two wiretaps strapped to you. As well as a miniature camera that was all connected to the taskforce so they can trace your location if any danger is spotted.

'L said that there were two wiretaps in case one breaks or loses connection to the taskforce...But this is a bit much, isn't it? I mean, a camera?!'