Real

(A/N): Another oneshot based on a dream I had a few nights ago. Can I just say that my brain is pretty messed up so this may be a pretty crazy story. I hope you have fun reading this tho! Also this is all written in L's Pov!
Also contains a bit of spoilers for Death Note, so if you don't want that, feel free to skip this oneshot. I hope you enjoy!

We're not real.

We only exist to entertain young viewers.

My name is L and I am from an anime known as Death Note. A series loved by many.

I am a detective. The world's best, to say the least. Throughout the anime I appear in, I work on a very big case, known as the Kira case. One of the most difficult cases I've tackled. Many things happen during the case. My calculations don't always work out and so it causes me to fall back and keep the viewer on the edge of their seat. The anime is all about using your brain.

That's all that happens in the anime. That's all that the viewer can see when they put on their TV to watch the show.

But what about when they aren't watching the show? When the TV is switched off?

It's simple really.

Myself, and the rest of the cast in Death Note just lounge around inside the screen. We don't do anything because there is no need to. We can't do anything if the viewer isn't there to see us. We just sit around and stare at this big, black screen in front of us.
That screen is the TV screen.
We can see the viewer from this screen.
Basically what happens, is that we get a signal showing that the viewer has put the TV on and is going to watch our anime. That gives us some time to get everything in place before it completely loads up. We know the viewer is watching our anime when we can see their face on the other side of the screen. Then we just go ahead and act everything out like our anime wants us to.

And that's pretty much all there is to it.

All of what we do is to entertain the viewer and make them happy.

It can be tough sometimes, but we always try hard for them.

Recently there had been a lot of new anime that had came out, and eventually everyone began to watch all the new anime and sort of forgot the older ones.

Death Note got lost in the shadows as anime fans talked about Demon Slayer, The Promised Neverland or Dr Stone.

We were forgotten by a lot of people who used to watch our show...

But there was this one person who hadn't actually seen Death Note yet. Despite there being so many anime out nowadays, they decided they wanted to watch our anime.

That made me happy.

After a while of lounging around, waiting for someone to watch our show again, we got a signal of this girl wanting to watch our show.

"Places everyone!" I state as we all got ready to begin the series for this new viewer.

The screen soon loaded and we saw a young girl at the other side.

She looked so pretty, and excited to be watching a new anime.

"My best friend told me to watch this anime. Death Note...Sounds like it's gonna be a fun watch! Let's go!"

This girl seemed like a nice person.

Soon, the series began and we went through lots of scenes for this girl. It appeared she wanted to watch a lot of the series.

We went through episode after episode for this girl.

Soon, it came to me actually revealing my face.