The Protective One

(A/N): A little short but whatever lol

The Headcanon: Gets jealous way too easily and is super clingy. Especially when you are around Light as he knows how popular Light is around girls.

L and I were out shopping this afternoon to buy more supplies. I said I'd go myself, but L was worried for my safety and wanted to come with me just in case anything happened.

I was just paying for our supplies and L was just standing next to me, when I spot a familiar figure heading out the doors.

"Oh, hey Light!" I say just as I finish paying and grab our bags.

"Hey (Y/N). Good to see you", Light replied, turning around. "How are you?"

"Yeah, I'm good. And yourself?"

"Pretty good."

"That's good to hear."

"Hey Ryuzaki? How are you?" Light asked him.

"Fine", was all he got as an answer.

"Well, we're heading home. It was good to see you Light", I say.

"I'm just heading out anyway, so I'll walk with you if you like?" Light suggested.

"No-"

"Sure! That'd be great!" I say.

Light smiled and the three of us headed out.

"So, I heard that there's this new horror movie in theatres tonight", Light said. "I was originally going to go with Misa, but she has a photo shoot all day. So I was wondering if you wanted to come along with me (Y/N), since I know you like horror stuff. And Ryuzaki can come too."

"That sounds awesome! I'd lo-"

"(Y/N), honey, didn't we say we'd have some alone time tonight?" L whispered in my ear as his hands rubbed my hips.

"Oh, we did?"

"Y-You don't remember?" L stepped away from me and gave me a disappointed look.

"Sorry, I kinda forgot", I say to him, before turning to Light.

"Sorry Light. We have plans for tonight."

"N-Nah, that's fine. I'm not forcing you to come. I just thought it'd be a good idea."

"We'll hang out some other day though, okay? Here, I'll give you my new phone number if you need to call me", I say, handing Light a piece of paper.

From the corner of my eye, I could see L did NOT like that. He clenched his fists.

'What's his problem?'

"Thanks a lot (Y/N). You're so nice", Light replied.

"It's not a-"

I was cut off by L wrapping his arms around me tightly and kissing my neck.

"Now (Y/N), it is getting late. We should head home now. Goodbye Light", he said, trying to pull me away.

"Huh? Oh, okay."

'Seriously, what is wrong with him?'

"Alright. See you guys later!" Light called as L pulled me away.

-Time Skip-

Once L and I had arrived home, I began to unpack the shopping, before L wrapped his arms around me again, catching me by surprise.

"Someone's clingy today."

"We're alone now, so why does it matter?"

"You dummy", I giggle.

L then turned me around and kissed my lips, before hugging me again.

"Honestly, what's up with you today? You've been acting strangely when I was talking to Light earlier."

I then stopped as I realised.

"Aww."

"What?"

"I think someone's jealous."

"Please, why would I ever be jealous?" L said, letting me go and giving me a serious look.

"Well, you were pretty clingy back at the store earlier", I reply.

"I was just being romantic towards you. That wasn't because I was jealous!" L folded his arms.

"Oh really?"

"Yes!"

"That's good to hear then. I'm gonna call Light and ask if we can hang out on Monday", I say, reaching for the telephone.

"Wait!"

I pick up the phone and dial Light's number but before the phone even had a chance to ring, L slammed the button at the top of the telephone, ending the call immediately.

I put the phone down and smirked at him.

"Am I not allowed to have any guy friends L?" I ask him.

"I never said you couldn't have any guy friends, I just don't want you around Light. I don't like him", L said back, looking at the floor.
"He's dangerous. I know he's very popular with the girls and so he may try to take you away from me and manipulate you like he does with all his other friends that are girls. I can't let that happen. I have to protect you."

I tilt my head and smile at him.

"Listen to yourself. If Light tries anything on me, you taught me your capoeria so I can protect myself."

"Yeah, but...I just don't like Light. He's such a spoilt brat and when I see you two getting along, I just get...angry. Okay, maybe I do get a little jealous. But it can't be helped. I don't want you taken from me (Y/N)", L said, grabbing my wrists.

I smile wider and kiss his soft, pale lips.

"I'll be very careful. I won't let Light get in the way of our relationship. I promise. I love you L. You and only you, so don't worry."

L nodded slowly, before wrapping his arms around me again and kissing my cheek.

"That's good to hear. Now then, let's have our alone time~"