Accidential

(A/N): One of my old headcanons that was requested! Hope this is okay! It's gonna be pretty basic ngl

Headcanon: Accidentally puts way too much sugar in your coffee/tea/hot chocolate etc and panics when you spit it out.

L was still getting used to the whole 'having a girlfriend' thing. He was never a people person and his communication skills weren't awesome. How did he manage to score a person like you? He was still asking himself that question.

L took this whole thing very seriously, as he does with almost everything he does. He wanted everything to be perfect for you. You taught him how to love, you are his first girlfriend. Never had he experienced anything like this before, so of course he had to make everything perfect for you.

Since you've done so much for him, L wanted to do something nice for you.

He wasn't good at being all romantic or anything so he didn't have any specialty in buying gifts or treating you to dinner or something like that.

He decided to make you a cup of tea. Small things go a long way, right?

L made his way to the kitchen and poured water into the kettle to boil it.

As it was boiling, he prepared the rest of the drink. Added the tea bag, and grabbed the sugar.

"I take 6 sugars in mine. (Y/N) would probably take the same amount right? I mean, 6 sugars is enough to make the tea sweet without making it bitter. It's the perfect amount."

L added the sugar to the tea and finished preparing it.

"(Y/N)?" He called as he stepped into the living room, carrying the two mugs of tea. "I made you some tea."

You take your eyes off the book you were reading to see your boyfriend holding out a mug for you.

"Oh, that's nice of you. Thanks L" you say to him, putting down your book and taking the mug.

"I hope it's to your liking" L smiled, sitting down beside you and sipping his tea.

You smile back and take a sip, immediately spitting it out afterwards.

Your actions made L start to panic.

"Ew! That's so bitter!" You cough.

"Did I mess up? I'm so sorry! I thought it was okay!" L said, putting down his mug and trying to calm himself down.

"How much sugar did you put in this?" You ask.

"Well...I usually put 6 sugars in my own tea, so..."

"6?!"

"I'm really sorry I messed up, (Y/N)" L said, ashamed that he couldn't even perfect a cup of tea for you.

"That's okay..." you say, wiping your mouth on your sleeve. "You should've just asked how many sugars I take."

"I thought it would've been 6 since that's how many I take and it tastes so good."

You giggle.

"We all have our preferences L. I only take 2 sugars in my tea."

"I understand..." L sighed. "I'm sorry. I'm still getting used to all this. I thought that since I'm your boyfriend, I'd know pretty much everything about you. Misa seems to know everything about Light."

"...Our relationship is a lot different from Light and Misa's..." you state.

"I'm sorry. I'm trying really hard. I'll make you another cup of tea if you'd like."

Before L could do anything, you grab his wrists and pull him close to you so your noses were touching, making L's face instantly go red and his heart started pounding.

"Listen! You made one small mistake. That's fine. Don't beat yourself up about it! Not every relationship is perfect and there will be mistakes. But we just have to accept it and work our way through it! So what if you messed up a cup of tea? You're still learning to live with another person who values you. It's a lot to take in. I understand. Don't worry about it, okay."

"I just want for you to be happy in every situation" L said. "Since you mean so much to me, I don't want you to be upset because of me."

"Stop saying things like that! It's only a cup of tea. I can't be happy all the time. There will be times when things won't go as planned, but that's okay. I'll still be with you L. Every step of the way."

L slowly smiled.

"Now, if you don't stop putting yourself down for making small mistakes, I'll just hold you like this and stare deep into your eyes" you state.

"Please don't!" L stammered. "That'll embarrass me so much! It already is...! I'll...I'll not beat myself up!!" He shut his eyes tight out of embarrassment.

"Good" you say, letting him go.

L covered his face with his hands to hide the redness that covered his whole face.

"You're so cute." You say.

(A/N): I wrote some of this late at night so ya. Again, a basic, short one that I didn't really know how I was gonna develop it but this was what I came out with ^^;