Dreamer (Part 3)

Many years later...

L's Pov

It was no good.

There was no way I could get to (Y/N).

I tried to escape the orphanage when I was young to try and find her.
I remember it vividly...

But once I got out, I had no idea where I was supposed to go from there. (Y/N) and her parents didn't leave a trace so it was difficult trying to find them. And being very young and emotional didn't help either.

And once I left, I realised how bad my decision was. I really didn't think it through well enough. The kids at Wammy's really rely on me and I just left them without even telling them where I was going.

All this piled up became a huge weight on my shoulders and it became difficult to carry.

I then accepted the fact that I wasn't able to see (Y/N) anymore and I returned to Wammy's House 2 days after I made an escape. I didn't want to let the other kids down.

It hurt. It really did hurt, but I had to except it.

I lived with this pain until I reached the age where I could leave the orphanage if I wanted to. That really started my work as a detective. Once I left Wammy's House, I tackled all these cases that took my interest and made my way to the top. To protect the world.

I was so caught up with all the work, I hardly had time to sit and think about (Y/N). What she was doing, how she was feeling...She almost disappeared from my mind a few times, but I made sure I never forgot her name or face. I always carried around a photo of her and I when we were kids, so I really won't forget her.

I just hope she hasn't forgotten me...

"Ugh! He's slacking off again!"

"He's been doing that a lot lately..."

"Hey Ryuzaki! Snap out of it!"

I was taken back into reality by the feeling of a book smacking against my head.

"Ouch...!"

I rub my head and turn around to see Light and Misa.

I frown.

These two were...well...How do I put it? They were suspects in a case I was working on. I've been working on this case for some time now but I haven't gotten very far.

"This is the third time you've slacked off today. What's wrong with you?" Light asked, folding his arms.

"It's nothing serious. You don't need to be worrying or interfering with any of my troubles" I say, biting my thumbnail.

The two gave me a confused look.

"We know something is bothering you, Ryuzaki. You can't fool us" Misa stated.

I let out a sigh and sank deeper in my seat.

"It's just personal issues interfering with the work in front of me. I'm finding it difficult to focus right now" I whisper quietly, giving them a frustrated look.

Both the suspects looked over at each other then back at me.

"Hey L? I think you need to go clear your head" Light said.

"Huh?"

"Yeah, taking a walk to get rid of all the stress would really help you focus  more" Misa added.

"I can't do that" I state. "I refuse to go out in public. And I can't because of who I am."

"Dude, it's not like anyone's gonna know who you are. And you've barely rested at all these days" Light said. "It would really do you good to take a break from what you're doing."