Boredom

The Headcanon: When he is bored, L will do anything for attention. He does it a lot when you are busy as well.

You had just finished working and you had come home to find L sprawled across the sofa. He must've finished early today as he is always home after you.

"Oh, you're here", he says when you step into the living room.

"Yeah, I would've finished earlier, but I had to help Misa out too", you reply.

"I understand. Anyways, can we-"

"I'll sort dinner now. You must be hungry", you say, making your way to the kitchen. "I've also got other work I'll have to finish off after dinner too".

"Okay then", L watched you leave and threw himself back on the sofa.

"I want to hang out with you (Y/N). I am bored", he muttered to himself.

L wanted your attention. He hadn't seen you a lot today, so he wanted to be with you for the rest of the day.

L then got an idea. If you weren't going to give him your attention, he'll just have to take it from you.

He got up and walked to the kitchen where he found you chopping vegetables.
He walked over to you and wrapped his arms around you from behind, making you jump and drop your knife on the table at his sudden action.

"L! What are you doing?! You scared me!" You say.

"Sorry", L simply replied.

"Come on L! I could've cut myself! I'll cuddle with you later. Right now I have to cook though", you say to him.

"But-"

You unwrap L's arms from your waist and went back to chopping the vegetables. L just stood behind you, a look of disappointment on his face.

"Why don't you put the noodles in the pot for me?" You say kindly.

"Fine", L walked over to the stove where a pot sat and picked up the noodles that were sitting next to the stove, throwing them into the pot and boiling them. Looks like the two of you were having a stir fry today.

Once the vegetables were in with the pasta, you sat down at the small table you have in your kitchen and pulled out your phone, checking emails and whatnot.
L sat down next to you and wrapped his arms around you again. He started kissing your cheek.

"L, please not now. I have to check for important emails", you say. "I'm waiting for an email for a number I have to call".

"Is that more important than me?" L asked sadly.

"No, of course not. But-"

Suddenly your phone went off, displaying a new email.

"That's the email!" You shout, leaping out of your seat almost making L fall over.

"L! Keep an eye on dinner for me!" You say, rushing to your room to make the call.

L sighed. He just wanted to spend time with you, but it seemed like you were pushing him away.

He got up and started putting the noodles and vegetables into two bowls and placing them on the table. He also made you some juice, before sitting down and eating his food.

You came out of your room just as L was finishing his food.

"Weren't we going to eat together?" You ask as you see L putting his bowl in the sink and heading off to his room.

"Guess not", was all he said as he passed you.

'What's up with him?' You thought. 'Did he not like the stir fry?'

You sigh and walk into the room, finding L lying on the floor.

"What are you doing?"

"Leave me alone".

"What's gotten into you? One minute you're all over me, and the next-"

You cut yourself off when you realise.

"I just wanted to cuddle with you and spend time with you (Y/N), but you kept pushing me away", L says.

You crouch down next to him.

"I'm sorry. I never realised you wanted attention from me", you say looking down at the floor. "I just thought you were just doing it to be silly".

"No. I would never".

"I've also had a pretty rough day today", you say.

"Oh, you have?" L sat up and looked at you.

"Yeah...I've just been a little uneasy".

L pulled you into another hug, squeezing you tightly making you gasp a little. But you smiled at him and returned the hug, rubbing his back.

"I'm sorry. I should've kept my distance. I didn't know", he said.

"It's not your fault, don't worry about it. Hey, you know what? How about we go and cuddle on the sofa and watch a movie together?" You say with a smile, standing up and offering a hand to help him up.

"B-But don't you have other work to do?"

"That can wait. You're more important than work L", you say to him.

He gave you a bright smile and took your hand. You pulled him up and to the living room.

And for the remainder of the day, the two of you were cuddling together on the sofa, you sharing your stir fry with L and watching Wolf Children.

(A/N): You know how it goes!

Am I the only one who actually really enjoys the second opening?Probably

Probably.