Starry Sky

(A/N): I still can't make good titles lol

The Headcanon: L loves to watch the stars with you.

It's been a very stressful day for me and I just needed to take a break from work and relax for a bit. All this work was giving me a headache.

I decided to go outside and get some fresh air. That may help my headache.
I walked outside and sat on the grass in the garden.

"Wow, the sky sure is pretty", I say to myself, lying down and staring up at the starry night sky.

I let out a loud sigh just before I heard the front door open and close afterwards.

"Oh, there you are (Y/N)", L said, walking towards me. "I was getting a little worried since you weren't in the house."

"Yeah, sorry for just disappearing like that. I'm just stressed out and needed to clear my head, so I decided to come outside to get some fresh air and look at the stars I guess", I reply.

"I see", L said, sitting down next to me in his usual position and looking up at the sky.

It was silent for a little moment as the two of us just looked at the sky.

"I used to do this all the time whenever I got stressed", L said after a little bit.

"Huh? You used to come out here and look at the stars?" I sat up and looked at him.

"Yes. But I don't really do it anymore."

"Why not?"

"I don't have time to be stressed anymore", L sighed. "Whenever I do get stressed, I can't do anything to release it. If I even stand up for a second, everyone is always telling me to focus and I hear them all mumble things like "L doesn't get stressed", or "L's lacking focus. I thought he was the world's greatest detective!" So I have to keep a good impression for the others or that's what I get."

L looked down at the ground and let out another sigh.

"Aww, babe!" I crawled over to him and hugged him. "Those guys are jerks and don't care about anyone but themselves! They don't realise that you're human too and get stressed just like everyone else!"

"It doesn't matter now. At the moment, all that matters is just relaxing with you and staring at the stars", L smiled as he looked up at the sky again.

I smiled back at him before I tackled him to the ground and snuggled into his chest. He was caught off guard first but laughed a little afterwards, wrapping an arm around me.

"The sky is very beautiful, isn't it?" L asked me after a moment.

"It sure is", I reply, smiling.

"You know who else is beautiful?"

"Who?" I giggle.

"You are (Y/N)."

I blush and look away.

"Don't say that. That's so cheesy!" I say in embarrassment.

"It's true. You're just as beautiful as the stars (Y/N)." L said, before pointing up at the sky.

"That star right there. That really bright star. That's you. Bright and beautiful", L smiled at me.

"Stop it you!" I giggle.

L laughed a little too, before giving me a hug.

"I love you (Y/N)."

"I love you too, you big suck up."

We stayed in each other's arms for a while, just staring at the starry night sky and talking about random things and joking around. Then all of a sudden...

"(Y/N)! Look! A shooting star!" L said, sitting up and pointing to the sky.

"Quick! Make a wish!" I shout, sitting up and watching the star fall.

L closed his eyes and put his hands together, like he was giving a prayer, and smiled. I smiled back and made a wish myself.

"Well, what did you wish for (Y/N)?" L asked me.

"I can't tell you."

"Why not?"

"It won't come true if I tell you", I giggle.

"Aww please? I'll tell if you tell!" L begged.

"Alright fine", I sigh.

"I wished to spend the rest of my life with you and to always be there when you need support."

L's eyes widened as his face went slightly pink.

"Really? That's what you wished for? Well, mine's was exactly the same", he replied, smiling at me.

"Aww, come here."

I dove into his arms and smashed my lips against his, tackling him to the ground and kissing him deeply.

"I love you so much (Y/N)", L said after we pulled away.

"I love you Lawliet", I reply.

(A/N): I didn't know how to end this so yeah 🤷‍♀️