L's Birthday (2019)

(A/N): Jesus Christ, I've been working on this book for a year now wtf?! I thought I would have finished by now lol. Oh well, it's no big deal. Of course I am doing this again as I always do things for L's birthday every year. This oneshot will be different from the last year's one. First, you can tell by the art. The one above was one I finished a few days ago (yes, I accidentally gave Mello 6 fingers...I didn't mean to!) Anyways, if you look at last year's birthday oneshot, you can see how much I've improved in my art style. Holy crap lol. Now, with that all aside, I hope you enjoy this birthday oneshot! I apologise if it ends up being quite long. I had lots of ideas for this!

The spooky season had finally come around! That meant a few things...

L's birthday was today! You couldn't believe how quickly it came around. You were so excited to be spending the day with your boyfriend, spoiling him rotten.

And, of course, Halloween. You and L were going all out this year. You had Halloween decorations everywhere around the house and L even decorated the outside of the house and the garden to sort of make it look like a graveyard. He wanted to scare the children away so he wouldn't have to give any sweets away so he could eat them all.

It was gonna the first time L would celebrate his birthday outside of taskforce. Every previous year, he wouldn't leave even taskforce so you had to bring his birthday to him.

But today was gonna be so much different! He was living with you now, so it was gonna be even better!

You woke up to the sound of your alarm going off. Smacking it to shut it up, you leap out of bed.

You glance over at L who was still asleep. Considering how little sleep he's had, the alarm clock was definitely not going to wake him up.

You smile at him as he wrapped himself up in the blankets like a burrito and sucked his thumb.

'Such a child' You shake your head.

Today was going to be such a good day. You had everything all planned out to give L the best birthday! You even made a list so that everything goes according to plan!

First up: Breakfast!

For your birthday last year, your uncle bought you a Pancake Art kit as a gift. You had never even used it before as you were kind of scared to.

But today, you decided that it would be a good idea to finally use it.

You were going to make an L pancake.

You got everything set up and were soon ready to begin.

"This is gonna be a huge failure..." You say quietly to yourself as you pick up the black pancake batter bottle.

"It's the thought that counts, right?"

You begin to very slowly draw the outline of L.

"Maybe I should've started with the face actually..." You say.

After you finished the outline, you stood back to see how it looked.

"Terrible..." You say to yourself. "Why is his hair so hard to draw?"

There was no going back now. You had to finish it!

You began adding in the face and all the details before adding colour.

"One of the eyes is too big and the highlights in the hair look weird" you sigh.

Alas, you finish your pancake art and cook it. As you see the bubbles rising, you flip it over so you actually see the outcome.

"It could be worse..." You say. "It was my first try."

You put the pancake on a plate and decide to make L some waffles to go with it. One pancake wouldn't be enough to fill L up.