Little Plush Toy

(A/N): This sounded better in my head lol
Also, que the sad story 👍

L had been very quiet these past few days, which couldn't be good. Although L was quiet anyways, he was literally not saying anything to anyone.
It was strange. L had never acted like this before and it was making you worry a lot.

He wasn't eating a lot either. Every so often, Watari would bring him some sweets but L would only eat a bite or two out of them and leave the rest. He'd just resulted to drinking hot drinks a lot more.

He'd been disappearing a lot too. One minute, he's in front of computers, as busy as can be, the next minute it's like he vanished into thin air!

You would ask him where he's been or if there's anything bothering him, but he would just say that he was thinking elsewhere and that would be the end of it.

This had been happening for quite some time and it made you worry about L's health. Both physically and mentally.

It was about time that you took matters into your own hands and find out what's going on with that man child.

Today, L had chosen to leave the main room and go to wherever he goes.

He got up from his chair and walked out the room. The taskforce didn't seem to bat an eye. L had walked out so many times that they had gotten used to it. They didn't really care.

Well you did. And you were gonna find out what was going on. His behaviour was suspicious.

As L walked out, you slowly followed behind him, keeping a fair distance so that he wouldn't hear your footsteps.

He went down a hallway you didn't recognise.
He went down the stairs to one of the underground floors below.
It was more strange, knowing that L went down there. For as long as you've been working for him, you've never seen anyone go down here.

You follow L and you hide behind a wall as he walks into the very end room of the hallway. He opens the door and looks around to see if anyone was near him. He didn't spot you as you hid your whole self behind the wall just in time.
The fact that he was making sure no one was following him, made him more suspicious to you.

Just what was he doing?

You know L had his weird habits, but nothing as strange as this.

You see L walk through the doorway and close the door behind him.
You peer your head around, before slowly creeping up towards the door and putting your ear to it.

'I can't just walk in or he'll spot me...'

You listened to see if you could hear anything in that room but you couldn't make anything out. One thing's for sure, you could hear a noise from what sounded like a machine of some sort.

'I wonder what he's doing...'

You even tried to hold your breath for a little bit as even your breathing was too loud to hear anything.

'Maybe it's a soundproof door...'

All of a sudden, you felt the door move and you lost your balance, falling forward onto your face.

"(Y/N)? What are you doing here?"

Uh oh...

You look up to see L staring down at you with his eyes narrowed.

"Were you spying on me?"

"No!" You shout, jumping back up onto your feet.

"Is that so? It seemed a lot like you were trying to eavesdrop on what I was doing."