First Date (Part 2)

L's Pov

Monday came by pretty quickly. I guess I was working too hard that I didn't even realise what day of the week it was.

As happy as I was to be going out with (Y/N), I had never done this before, so I didn't really know what I was doing.

"I'm stepping outside for a while" I say, heading out.

"Are you feeling okay?" Light asked. "You never go outside!"

"There's something I need to do" I reply.

"Hold up!" Misa got up and came over to me.

"You can't go on a date like that!" She said.

"Wait! You're going on a date?! With who?! How?! What?! When?!" Light was obviously surprised.

"Why not?" I ask Misa.

"Because it looks so plain! You have to dress up properly!"

"It's just a date. It's not like it's anything else" I say.

"At least put a coat on! It'll make you look a little bit better!" Misa demanded. "I'm not letting you leave until you do!"

I sigh. Why can't Light make her stop talking?

"Fine. If it'll get you to stop talking" I say, grabbing a coat. "Okay, now I'm off!"

"Good luck!" Misa called.

-Later-

(Y/N)'s Pov

I continuously check my watch. It was 12:57. I was standing outside waiting for L at Candy's Cafe.

"I hope I didn't overdo it" I say, looking down to my outfit.
It insisted of a long sleeve black and white stripy shirt with a medium length black skirt and black boots.

I sigh.

"He must be running late" I say to myself. "But, it's not like L to be late..."

I look at my watch again.

1:00...

I wait for a while longer until I spot someone come my way. I look closely to see it's L.

"Over here!" I wave to him.

"Sorry, I'm a little late. Misa was being annoying" he sighed, looking away.

"Don't worry about it" I giggle.

"Anyways-"

L cut himself off when he looked over to me. He looked me up and down.

"I over did it, didn't I? I knew I shouldn't have chosen a skirt" I say.

"No, you look very nice" L said, causing me to blush a little.

"Really? Well...thanks"

"Now then, we should get going" L said, leading me into the cafe.

It was a beautiful looking cafe. The smell of coffee and cake filled the air.

"So (Y/N), what would you like?" L asked me.

"Oh! You don't have to worry! I'll buy for myself!" I say.

"(Y/N), I'm the one who asked you on a date. That means I have to pay!" L says. "At least, that's what Misa said".

"Well...Okay then" I say. "I'll have a hot chocolate with 2 sugars and a lemon sponge cake please".

"A wise choice (Y/N)" L says as we reached the counter.