School Life (Part 1)

L's Pov

It was another ordinary day at school. There was nothing different about today at all.

At least, I didn't think so...

It was lunchtime and I was sitting by myself outside, under the shelter in front of the school, watching the rain fall. I liked the rain. It's calm and relaxing. I also like to sit by myself too. You see, I'm what everyone refers to as the 'school nerd'. That's why I don't have many friends.

I was about to take out a book I borrowed from the school library to read, when I hear a strange noise.

It sounded like...a girl shouting.

I didn't know what it was but I tend not to get involved in these sorts of things. Humans are like this I guess.

It was until I heard a loud thud and the girl's shouting turned into wailing.

It was most likely a fight now.

Now this is something I cannot allow. An argument is fine. That's a part of everyday life, but I don't understand why humans fight! That is wrong!

I grab my bag and run over to the sound of the girl's wailing. Once I reach the voice, I notice the girl was being attacked by three other boys.

"Stop it! Leave me alone!" The girl helplessly called.

The boys were just laughing and beating her up and tipping her books out her bag and ripping them up.

'How despicable! Boys in the higher year are picking on a girl!' I thought.

I couldn't let them keep hurting her like this, so I ran into the fight and pushed the boys out of the way.

"Leave her alone. She hasn't done anything to you!" I snap.

"Hey look! It's the nerd!" One of the boys laugh.

"Get him!" The so called 'leader' said.

The three boys ran towards me.

I don't really fight unless I have to. I've learned some capoeira for situations like this.

I get myself in position and kick one of the boys straight in the nose, causing him to fall right back onto the ground.

However, once that boy was down, the other boys attacked me.
I tried to fight back, but there were two of them, and I was only one person.

Soon, the boys were satisfied with the damaged they had caused and walked away laughing, spitting at the girl and me in the process.

I pick myself up and brush myself off, fixing my collar and tie. I ran a hand through my messy, black hair before turning to the girl, who struggled to get herself up. Her legs were trembling. She ended up falling into my arm, causing both of us to let out a loud and embarrassed gasp.

"S-Sorry!" She exclaimed, scratching the back of her head.

I put a finger to my lip and took a moment to examine this girl. She was slightly shorter than me, had (H/L) (H/C) (Wavy/Straight) hair, (E/C) eyes, she was wearing our traditional school uniform: A long sleeved white buttoned up shirt, our red school tie, black blazer and black skirt.

She was obviously covered in bruises and cuts from earlier and her face was wet with tears, but with that aside...she looked...pretty...

"Oh! Th-Thank you for coming in and helping me! It means a lot!" She said, clutching her hands together.

"That's alright", I say to her. "I can't stand it when people fight others like that. There is no point in such things".

"I completely agree!" The girl said.