Gambler

(A/N): Yes, this may be based off Kakegurui a little bit because I'm still unoriginal at the moment. Enjoy! :)

One thing the taskforce needed was a holiday. A little break from all the hard work and stress that's been building up lately.

Luckily, the case that was going on had been solved and the criminals were all locked up in jail.

It was perfect as I had some plans to take the taskforce out to take a break from work. So at least myself and everyone else could take a break from everything and have a chance to relax a bit.

Well...everyone except L that is...

Him being the world's greatest detective and all, he was busy looking for another case to solve already.

I watched him from the entrance to the taskforce, him scrolling though his computer and going through various papers and files trying to find a case that interested him.

"Ugh. It's always work with him!" I say quietly to myself, but loud enough for Misa and Light to hear me as they came downstairs.

"Tell me about it. Ryuzaki never rests!" Misa says and the two came to join me.

"I just wish he could focus on something other than work and have a little fun for once" I say.

"L? Have fun? Psssh! Yeah right" Light said, folding his arms. "L's boring and nothing will change that."

"I had plans to take everyone out as a reward for working so hard and solving our last case!" I say. "But giving the circumstances, I doubt L will agree to it."

I sigh and look down at the ground. Light and Misa give me a disappointed look.

"You shouldn't be afraid to ask him (Y/N). The two of you are like two peas in a pod anyway! I'm sure he'll agree to your plans. Just ask if we could all go out together and he'll most likely say yes to you" Misa said, trying to cheer me up.

"You think so?" I look up at Misa.

"She's right for once (Y/N). L will listen to you. Go and ask him" Light said.

"O-Okay. I'll-"

"Good!" Misa pushed me down to just behind L's seat and went back to stand with Light.

"Can I help you (Y/N)?" L must've known I was there as he didn't turn around to face me.

"Uh...Well done on solving the case" I start, trying to make conversation with him.

"Thank you for your help with that" he replied.

"Um, so now that we've finished the case...I was wondering if we could all hang out today as some kind of reward for everyone's hard work. That case was a lot harder than others we've solved in the past together."

L turned his chair around and looked at me. I smiled sweetly at him.

"I'm afraid I can't do that. I'm too busy" L said and turned his chair back around to look back at the files.

My smile dropped.

"Oh...Okay..." I say sadly and walk back slowly to join Light and Misa.

Misa shook her head.

"You gotta be more confident than that (Y/N)" she said. "I'll show you. Watch!"

Misa stormed over to L and turned his chair around to face her.

"Aren't you gonna come out with us or what?!" She asked L.

"I told (Y/N) I was busy!" L said sternly.