Ashamed

(A/N): This was a request by SecretPhanWriter. Thank you for the request. I hope this is okay for you!

It was a regular day, just like always. You and L had just finished dinner and you had started washing the dishes, humming a little tune to yourself whilst staring out the window in front of you at the beautiful scenery.

As you were distracted by the scenery, you didn't hear L sneak up behind you, wrapping his arms around your waist and burying his face in your neck.

It caught you by surprise a little so you jumped and turned around to face him, making L let you go.

"What's that all about?" You giggle, making L smile.

"Did I surprise you? I'm sorry. You just...looked so peaceful standing there, it reminded me how much you mean to me and how much I never want to let you go" L says.

"I was only washing the dishes" you say.

"Even so, you just look so cute" L says, his cheeks going a light shade of pink.

You boop L's nose with your soapy hands, getting bubbles on his nose, making the two of you laugh at your goofiness.

"I have a feeling you just plan on getting my attention because you're bored" you say.

"Maybe."

You sigh and shake your head.

"I should get back to it. I'll give you attention later" you say, turning back around and getting back to washing the dishes.

"Fair enough then. I do remember I have some reports I need to take a look over so I'll go over them beforehand."

L then leaves to do his work.

-Soon-

You finish up and dry your hands, before heading into the living room to see L finishing up his last report and letting out a loud sigh.

He noticed you coming in and instantly changed his expression.

"You're here! Thank goodness. I was getting a little lonely. Come and sit with me" L pats the space next to him on the sofa and you sit down next to him.

"Did you get all your work done?" You ask him.

"Yes, for now that is, until Watari finishes transferring more information to my computer. So for now, I can focus on you" L turns to you and smiles that sweet smile of his, making you smile back.

Then, out of the blue, L pounced on you, knocking you over so he was now on top of you.

"H-Hey!"

"Caught you off guard again, did I?" L smirked.

You were about to say something but couldn't get anything out as L had trapped your lips with a kiss. The two of you instantly melt into it, forgetting all your surroundings and just focus on each other.

Soon enough, L got too caught in the moment and his hands start to creep up under your shirt.

The feeling made your eyes shoot open and you push L away, quickly sliding back to the end of the couch and pulling your shirt back down so you were certain it covered your whole waist.

"(Y/N)...? I'm sorry, did I go too far?" L sat up and covered his mouth with his hand, his face going bright red. "I apologise sincerely..." he looked at the floor in shame.

"N-No...! It's okay! Don't worry about it" you say, smiling like nothing just happened there.

"Are my actions scaring you? If so, I can work on what I do to make sure you feel safe" L said, getting worried.