Stare

(A/N): I don't know what's popped into my head right now, but I liked the idea.

You made your way into the kitchen to make yourself a cup of tea to start the day. You let out a big sigh as you watch the kettle boil the water.

As you prepare the tea, you hear footsteps coming into the kitchen. You turn around to see L standing in the doorway.

"Good morning!" You smile at him.

But L didn't reply. He just stared at you with his wide, dark eyes.

"Uh...L? Are you alright?" You ask, a little creeped out by his stare.

He just nodded.

"If you're making yourself a cup of tea, do you mind making me some too (Y/N)?" He asked.

"Um...sure!" You say.

With that, L turned back around and headed out the room towards the living room.

'Weird' You thought. 'What's up with him today?'

You didn't think much of it as most of the things L does are weird anyway.

After you finished making the tea, you carry the two cups into the living room. There, you spotted L crouched on the sofa, watching a murder mystery show on the TV.

You smiled. He was always watching these sorta things on TV.

"Here's your tea" you say to L, handing him a cup.

"Thank you (Y/N)" L says, turning to you and taking the tea cup.

You felt his stare on you again. He was staring right into your eyes. It was almost as if he was observing you to see if you were gonna do something bad.

"You sure you're alright L?" You ask, getting more freaked out by the second.

"I'm fine (Y/N)" he replied.

After about 10 more seconds of silence, L turned back to the TV as if nothing ever happened.

You sat next to him and sipped your tea, whilst watching the TV with him.

'He's definitely acting weirder than usual today...' You thought to yourself.

"This is boring..." L sighed.

"Huh?" Your attention went from the TV to L.

"The murderer is the brother. It's very obvious. The hair found in the kitchen matches the brother's, the murder weapon was a baseball bat which belongs to the brother. No one else in the family plays baseball. Plus, there were fingerprints left on the weapon which clearly matches up to the brother's DNA. How come no one caught onto it?! Everything is right there! Man, the police in this episode are really stupid" L says, resting his forehead in his hand.

"Yeah. That's why I never watch programs like these" you say. "The criminal is never caught, even though there are multiple pieces of evidence that clearly lead up to that specific person being the criminal!"

L, with his forehead still in his hand, turns to look at you.

"Then the criminals get away with their crimes and more people are put in danger" you say before taking another sip of your tea.

"Yes, that's right..." L says, not taking his eyes off you.

You turn to face L to notice he was staring right at you again, making you flinch and spill your tea over you.

"OW! THAT'S HOT!" You scream making L jump.

"Are you alright (Y/N)?" He panicked.

"Yeah, I'm alright. Just burnt myself a little" you say standing up. "I'm gonna change my top and put a wet cloth over my stomach."

You stood up and went to change your top.

-Soon-

You came back into the living room wearing a different top after having to put a wet cloth over your stomach where you got burned and having to change your top.

You see L was no longer sitting on the sofa. He was lying on it and he was, for some reason, watching Inspector Gadget.

You let out a small giggle which draws L's attention and his eyes met yours.

'There's that creepy stare again...'

"Alright! That's it! I've had enough!" You say, standing up which made L sit up in his crouched position and tilt his head in confusion.

"What's wrong (Y/N)?" L asked.

"Why the hell do you keep staring at me like that? It's really creeping me out! So can you stop doing that already?!" You shout.

"Oh...Was my staring really creeping you out?" L asked, his confused expression changing to look a little more disappointed.

"Uh yeah!" You say, folding your arms.

L looked down at his feet.

"I'm sorry (Y/N). I didn't mean to scare you with my staring. That wasn't my intention at all. I just..."

He started drifting off as he sank lower and pulled his knees closer to his chest.

"You what?" You question.

"I just really like looking at you (Y/N)" L said, looking up at you, with an upset expression. "Your face is so pretty."

You felt your face heat up at his words.

"I guess having my dark eyes layed on you isn't the most comfortable thing to experience..." L said, his eyes moving back to his feet.

"O-Oh. That's what that was all about? It wasn't because I had done anything wrong or something?" You ask.

"Of course not" L said. "I just like looking at your pretty face (Y/N)."

"You should've showed some sorta sign or something. Like a smile. I had no idea. If I knew you liked looking at me all the time, then I wouldn't have felt creeped out" you say, smiling sweetly at him.

"Oh...that's a good point. I never thought of that. I thought you would've caught on to what I was doing though. I mean, we've been going out for a few weeks" L states.
"Sorry I creeped you out by staring at you (Y/N)."

"No it's okay. Sorry I didn't catch on."

"You have nothing to apologise for" L said.

An awkward silence filled the room as both you and L stared at your feet.

After a minute, L looked back up at you and this time a small smile made it's way to his lips.

You noticed L's stare and turned to face him to see that cute smile on his face.

"What is it now?" You giggle, already knowing what his answer was gonna be.

"I love looking at your beautiful face (Y/N)" L said. "You're just so pretty."

"Aww" you giggle. "And I love looking at your cute face too."

"That's ridiculous. I'm not cute at all" L looks away.

You move closer to him so you were only a few inches away from him. You tilt his head around so his eyes met yours and you could see a small dust of pink come to his cheeks.

"Yeah you are. You're adorable!" You say. "If only you could see what I see."

"You're too kind (Y/N). It just...makes me want to kiss you more" he said.

"Well...nothing is stopping you" you say.

And with that, L pressed his pale lips against yours and the two of your shared a sweet kiss.

L always has his weird habits, but to be honest, it just makes you love him that much more.

(A/N): Didn't really know how to end this and I was tired too which isn't a good thing when it comes to editing a story but you just gotta go with the flow lol. Hope you enjoyed!