Flustered

(A/N): A requested headcanon that I have no idea why I suggested it...

Headcanon: He gets really flustered when you eat a banana in front of him.

Wow. I must've wrote this when it was so late at night cause I'm like wtf? But it was requested so we gonna do it!

It was lunchtime and I went to grab something to eat.

I was running late for work this morning so I hadn't picked up much for lunch.

I had only been able to pick up a banana and a carton of milk...

I head out of the main room in the taskforce and make my way to one of the other rooms in the building for my lunch break.
We have to eat in a different room for the sake of spilling anything on the computers or keyboards.
It's weird because L eats in front of the computers, although we can't say anything since he's our boss. So he can do what he wants.

Anyways, I went into the spare room and took out my lunch for the day.

"I'm still gonna be hungry after this..." I groan to myself.

Nobody else seemed to be here so I just sat quietly at a table and poked a hole in the carton of milk with a straw.

Well, at least I can enjoy this silence away from Misa screaming for Light or Matsuda starting a debate club.

"Are you eating alone, (Y/N)?"

The sound of a voice made me almost spill my drink.

So much for that peaceful silence.

"Oh, it's you L" I say as I turn around. "Why are you in here? I thought you didn't eat in any other room."

"I don't usually" L said. "I came in here because I wanted to discuss something with you. I knew you would be here so I came to see you."

"Oh? What did you want to discuss?" I ask, sipping on my carton of milk.

L pulled out the seat at the other side of the table and sat down with his knees to his chest.

"Are you free on Saturday by any chance?" he asked.

"Like as in work?"

"No..."

Oh so he was asking me on a date?

L and I had been going out for a few months and sometimes, he'd ask me out on dates at the most random times. Like now.

"Heh, I'm free" I smile as I put the empty carton of milk in the bin. "Why do you ask?"

L struggled with his words. It was obvious he wanted to take me on a date.

"I'm just messing with you, L. Of course I'll go on a date with you!" I say, beginning to peel at my banana.

L smiled back at me.

"I'm glad. I was thinking we could go somewhere unusual. A place I haven't taken you before."

"Uh huh..." I finished peeling the banana and started to eat it.

"I was thinking maybe going to the zoo? I know you like animals so I thought it'd be nice. Then afterwards, we can go to a cafe and grab some coffee. I know this place that does really good frappuchinos! I'd love to buy you one for you to-"

L cut himself off as he noticed I hadn't said anything. He looked up and saw I was eating.

All of a sudden, his face went red.

I tilted my head to the side at his sudden reaction to whatever was going on.

"...so does that sound alright?" L asked me, his voice quivering.

"Uh, yeah! Sounds awesome" I replied.

'What's up with him?' I thought as I took another bite out of my banana.

He covered his face in embarrassment.

"Are you alright?" I ask him.

"Yeah...I'm fine..." he replied.

"...whatever you say..."

I bit into my banana again. Each time I did that, L seemed to get more and more flustered.

"I should get back to work before anyone sees me like this" L said, standing up and heading to the door.

"You're so dirty~" I laugh, not turning to look at him.

L froze.

"Who would've thought the world's greatest detective was a pervert?"

"A...pervert?"

"You were taking it out of context, weren't you?"

"N...No..."

"Liar~"

I stood up and walked over to him. L turned to face me.

"Such a naughty boy."

"I...I'm sorry. I'll leave now."

L reached for the door handle and opened the door.

"Still up for that date on Saturday?"

L froze again.

"Uh...Yeah."

The date didn't happen. L got too embarrassed.

(A/N): I didn't know how to end it XD